PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited!

Alysser
07-28-2008, 07:19 PM
No, I'm not getting a new dog..but my best friend's grandfather unfourtunately passed away this afternoon and she has no one to take care of her two dogs, Buddy and Rex. :( She is my next door neighbor and we do basically everything together. I always sleep over her house, go places with her, etc. So anyway she asked me to take on the job of taking care of her dogs for a week to 10 days. I know these dogs extremely well, I love them like my own. They "welcomed" me to their pack a very long time ago. I've also posted about them before and my friend has an account on here. Her username is "kittyKathleen" I think. So anyway, I'm so happy! It's like I have a dog again. =D She's grateful but I'm the one who should be grateful, it's about time I have a dog back into my life.

My mom and my sister are helping me out. We just got back from the house. We are planning on taking them to our house to play in the yard and maybe in the pool and just to play. :) I can't wait! If you guys want I'll post pics.

Pointless thread, but I'm so excited about taking care of a dog again! :D:D

(Oh yeah, and Rex is the one that ran away a few months back.)

luvofallhorses
07-28-2008, 07:51 PM
I am excited for you too Alyssa. :) I'm not sure I have seen you post them before. What breeds are they? and yes you should post pictures. :D Have fun taking care of them. :) I would be excited too! :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
That's great Alyssa!!! Please post pictures and have fun!!:D

Alysser
07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Thank you Krista and Terry!

Rex is a lab/golden retriever/shephard mix of some sort, I'm convinced he's more retriever as he has longer hair, and buddy is a shi-tzu. They are both so loving and happy! I hope their doing okay right now, I don't want them to be lonely. :( My mom was SO close to taking them to our house she felt so bad! This is a sign she misses having a dog.

I have so old pictures of them..heres a few-

this is buddy-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Alyssapics300RE.jpg

this is rex and buddy out in the snow awhile ago-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Alyssapics265RE.jpg

Karen
07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Awww, have fun!

chocolatepuppy
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
If you guys want I'll post pics.

Yep, I want pics!:D I bet you're gonna have a great time.;)

Taz_Zoee
07-28-2008, 10:02 PM
OMG! Buddy in that snow picture looks like a little stuffie for Rex. LOL
And of course we want to see pictures. Hello, this is PT!! :p

I'm sorry about your friends loss. And I'm glad you get to have some dog interaction for a while. :)

RockyRoad
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Aw, that is definitely exciting! I pet-sat for one of my coworkers dogs awhile ago, and it was definitely fun having a dog around the house again. :) Buddy and Rex are too cute! Have a good time watching them.

K9karen
07-29-2008, 12:07 AM
This is good medicine for you! I know you'll be the best "puppy sitter" ever!

luvofallhorses
07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
oh they are adorable! :love:

cassiesmom
07-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Alyssa, I am sorry for your friend's loss. I'm glad she has you to care for her dogs. They are beautiful! I'd be happy to see more photos any time!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
If you guys want I'll post pics.

What d'ya mean IF??? Of course we want pics!!

pitc9
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh how fun!
Can't wait for pictures!

Ginger's Mom
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Aw, what fun. I think it is going to be good for everybody. Good for the doggies to have someone like you to play with them and look after them, and good for you to have a dog to care for again. I love the snow picture, they are both adorable. :)

Alysser
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys! I just got back from work and we went to check on them. Their bladder was bursting but they were very happy to see us. I just have to go into the shower and my mom has to cook and then we're going over to get them!! :) I'll post pictures..

jennielynn1970
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry for the circumstances that you're doggie sitting, but I'm glad that you are enjoying it. Sounds like you and mom need it!

The pics of Buddy are adorable! Cindy is right, the one with him and Rex in the snow, he looks like a stuffie!

Can't wait to see more pics!

Alysser
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Tommorow is the last day of taking care of the pooches.. :( Kat's sister is coming back home. Rex and Buddy are the goofiest mutts around. They do the wierdest things. Buddy pulled the sheet covering the new couchs half-way off and took a pillow as a chew toy. He took someone's sock and it was in the kitchen, and he took someone's shoe as a toy. My mom and me took the dogs to our yard for a slight walk on tuesday but we didn't let them off the leash, Rex was extremely curious about the pool and I wasn't going in after a 65 pound mutt and drag him back xD. He doesn't know how to swim. Buddy was marking everything(he is not altered) and was very interested in our resident chipmunk family.

There is NO WAY I'm letting him get those cute little guys! Yesterday me and Jenna(I_luv_rusty) played fetch with them for awhile. My mom comes in the afternoon to let them out so they are fine while I'm at work. Rex was trying to rub poop off his butt on my foot today! :rolleyes: Pleasant animals, aren't they? :p

About those pictures, yes, I took them, a grand total of 4 I'm just lazy, I'll get to uploading them eventually. Next 3 days here are going to be busy.

Tommorow-work till 5 then going into the park with my sister to FINALLY buy my "dark knight" shirt with the joker on it =D Possibly going to the midnight release of the new twilight book because all my friends are going..

Saturday-Party/sleepover. Pet clean up day. We all know what that means. Cleaning out algea from the fish tank, cleaning up bird poop, and hermit crab bedding(EW!). Fun, right?

Sunday-I have to go somewhere but I forgot...

Monday- HURRICANE harbor WOO!!

Yeah, that was pointless to post my entire weekend/days off schedule but the point is I may not have time. I'll post them in this thread when I do. =D