PDA

View Full Version : umm...I think my fish is changing colors.

JuniorxMyxLove
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
When we first got Tyrone he was a grey fish and now, a month or two later, he's completely different! His body is gold and he has a black stripe down his spine. Whats up with this? Is it normal?

Thanks!

RockyRoad
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Sometimes changes in colors in fish reflects changes in their health. What kind of fish is he? Is the food old, or is he being fed too much? Sometimes minor things like that can lead to color change. Also, when a fish is stressed it might change colors too. Make sure the water temperature is warm enough and that, if he is a betta living in a bowl or similar, the water is getting changed. At least, those are the things that I looked at when my betta changed. There could be other reasons, I`m sure. But whatever the reason may be, that must have been an interesting surprise!

IRescue452
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Is he a goldfish? If he is, then he's growing up. Goldfish have baby colors of grey, brown, bronze, and greenish. Black coloring can be normal coloring and a sign of good lighting in a tank, or it can be a sign of ammonia burns. I'll bet its just his normal color since his whole body is changing, no ammonia burns to worry about.