PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Taz

Willow Oak
07-28-2008, 10:03 AM
His name is Taz, and he was delivered to me yesterday. As if I need another dog (I already have 8, along with 12 cats), I guess I'm stuck with him. He does appear to be of the large breed variety and black. Out local humane shelter is not fond of taking that kind in, since according to them they have a difficult time adopting them back out, so ..., here he is:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/TazWag.jpg

Grace
07-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh, he is adorable. Reminds me of a Beagle, but what else?

Willow Oak
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh, he is adorable. Reminds me of a Beagle, but what else?

Yeah, the ears are reminiscent of a beagle plus the rounded head, but he is still very young yet (probably three months or so), and he is already the size of the fully-grown beagle that I already have. Surely he has some lab in him, and that appears to be a German Shephard face.

Ginger's Mom
07-28-2008, 11:21 AM
OMGoodness, he sure is cute. :D He does appear to be what we called a Heinz 57 variety. Congratulations. So are you definitely keeping him or is he a foster?

pitc9
07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh would you just look at those pink and black little tootsies!! :eek:
:love:
Oh so cute! :D

Taz_Zoee
07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
OH my goodness!! He is adorable. And I :love: his name ;).
I'm curious to see how he looks as he grows.

jennielynn1970
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
What a cutie!! I don't think you're "stuck" at all!! In fact, I think you're pretty lucky yourself to get such an adorable pup!

Are you fostering him to adopt him out, or will you keep him?

Willow Oak
07-28-2008, 01:31 PM
What a cutie!! I don't think you're "stuck" at all!! In fact, I think you're pretty lucky yourself to get such an adorable pup!

Are you fostering him to adopt him out, or will you keep him?

I would be glad to let someone have him that would take care of him, but you know how that is. I have 16 acres and room for another, so ..., he can stay.

luvofallhorses
07-28-2008, 08:08 PM
So cute! I would say he's a beagle/shepherd mix. :love:

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I would be glad to let someone have him that would take care of him, but you know how that is. I have 16 acres and room for another, so ..., he can stay.

Woohoo!!! Lucky pup and equally lucky you

Willow Oak
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I acquired Taz on Sunday. I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for keeping him, so Monday when I went to work I left Taz at home behind one of those child gates that I placed in the back hallway. I figured that even if he got out of that he would only have to contend with Bonnie and Clyde who are "teeth-challenged," and Lu Lu. The dogs are often not very friendly with newbies.

Well, it did happen that he got out. When I arrived home I found him behind a chair in the living room. I could tell there had been some activity, but he came crawling out and appeared to be none the worse for his experience. I couldn't tell what all had taken place, but there is no doubt that if the larger dogs had been in the room, Taz would be no more. I did find what appeared to be a bite mark on his hind leg, and he definitely had suffered some sort of psychological Trauma. He was all over wet, evidently from the other dogs saliva, and he cried for a long time even after I arrived home. Even then he cried and whimpered in my arms for the longest time.

Yesterday I left him locked in the bathroom. I worried all day that he would get out of that, but when I arrived home he was still locked up. Nonetheless, he still cried and whimpered for a long time after I arrived home. So maybe separation anxiety had contributed to his trauma of the day before. I bought another dog crate yesterday on my way home from work and locked him in that when I left this morning. My mind is much more at ease now, although he did not like being locked up that way. At least I know he will be well and whole when I arrive home.

I still grieve much when I think of Yella Fella and Goldie and how I failed to protect them. Those bad memories are flooding back to me now that Taz has arrived. Poor Yella Fella. Poor Goldie.

If you would like to read about them I wrote about them in my journal to which you will find a link below.

I lock most of my dogs in kennels whenever I leave home. The smaller dogs have access to the house and the carport. I have found this to be a safe arrangement for all animals concerned. You have to be careful and pay attention. "Accidents" can happen, and you never know when. I've had to learn my lesson the hard, hard way, and it still hurts.

Willow Oak
08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Cathy, another new-acquiree, chases Taz across and around the front yard. They have become pals.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/CathyChasesTaz.jpg

Taz_Zoee
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Aww, I'm sorry Taz had a rough day last week. But I'm glad he found a friend in Cathy. They look so cute running together. He really looks happy, and so does Cathy. :D :D

Willow Oak
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
It is was a scorcher on this past weekend. All of the dogs and most of the cats stayed inside with me, enjoying the air conditioning. But Taz was not there. I got worried and ran about looking for him. But no Taz. Where could that boy be? So I opened the front door to see if he might be outside. What a gorgeous site greeted me, so I grabbed my camera and took the following shot from my front door:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/WideViewfrontYard.jpg

Taz? You out there? No Taz. But ..., what is this I see? I zoomed in the camera to get a closer look and ...:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/DistantTaz.jpg

Could it be? Naw, it couldn't. Or could it? I zoomed in as close as the camera would go and took a look, and what do you think I saw?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/TazUnderTree.jpg

That boy! Such a bad boy! He had me all worried, and here he is in the shade of the willow oak tree, just lazing around and minding his own business, enjoying the peace and serenity of being alone. Not a care in the world!

Willow Oak
08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
At bedtime last night Taz came up missing. I looked every where and in every conceivable place and he was just gone. I feared that he had somehow escaped the fence by crawling under it, but that would not be likely. Could he have gotten out some other way? I just couldn't think of a way he could have gotten out of the fence. I began to panic and retrieved my flashlight and went outside the fence to look for him. By the time I began to look for him it was simply too dark to do much good. My poor old heart just would not be able to stand the disappearance of the puppy. I decided to give the house one more going over. I checked all the cabinets, behind all the furniture, under all the beds. No Taz anywhere. Then I saw something out of the ordinary. The skirting on the couch, which sits about 4 inches off the floor, was a little bit askew. And as it turned out, Taz was under the couch asleep. I could have killed him.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Taz/TazWag.jpg