PDA

View Full Version : Puppymill dogs returning to breeder-Please help

jadjem
07-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Pinellas woman to get half of 120 seized dogs back...
The Suncoast Animal League took possession of the dogs in April. The animals were said to be in deplorable conditions.
But the judge ruled the Suncoast Animal League did not have the proper paper work when they took the dogs...
http://www.suncoastanimalleague.net/rescue_puppymill/index.html
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/7/23/367653.html

Please take a moment to consider this extremely time sensitive issue. It is so disturbing I wrote this PETITION, and am hoping you will take a moment out to sign it and pass it on to anyone and everyone, if you are so moved. Just click on the website address below and it will take you to the signature page.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FeelTheirPain

We, the undersigned, respectfully request the judgment in favor of the return of 60 dogs to Teresita Hughes as ordered by Judge Myra Scott McNary be overturned. Ms. Hughes callous disregard for the welfare of the animals is evidenced in the video of the seizure and by testimony of a Pinellas County Sheriff’s Deputy Carolyn Wagner that the animals had insufficient air or exercise and their food was tainted with feces. Living in filthy and deplorable conditions, the dogs which counted six to eight per cage were crowded and forced to live in rooms with little ventilation where the stench of urine and feces made your eyes tear and your nose burn. Hughes admitted to not allowing the dogs out of their cages for “at least the past four months,” proof they had spent endless days walking only on wire-bottom cages. $100,000 in veterinary fees paid for by public donations to a rescue organization is testimony to the condition of the animals when they were seized.

Further, we ask that Ms. Hughes be prosecuted to the full extent of the law in accordance with the following:

FLORIDA ANTI CRUELTY LAW Florida Statute 828.12 et seq.
CRUELTY TO ANIMALS is defined as: “Overloads, overdrives, torments, deprives of necessary sustenance or shelter, or unnecessarily mutilates, or kills any animal, or causes the same to be done, or carries in or upon any vehicle, or otherwise, any animal in a cruel or inhumane manner”. This is a 1st Degree Misdemeanor with a fine up to $5000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year. INTENTIONAL ANIMAL CRUELTY is defined as: “commits an act to any animal which results in the cruel death, or excessive or repeated infliction of unnecessary pain or suffering.” This is a 3rd Degree Felony with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment up to 5 years. Intentional Cruelty with “knowing and intentional torture or torment of an animal that injures, mutilates, or kills the animal” carries a minimum fine of $2500 and completion of a psychological or anger management treatment program

To return the animals, now vetted courtesy of INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS, with required weekly visits by the Humane Society, paid for by OUR TAXES, so that Ms. Hughes can continue to profit from her breeding business is a travesty of justice and a huge slap in the face to all of us who PAY OUR OWN BILLS.
We pray you will “do the right thing” for those who are totally at your mercy.

Catty1
07-28-2008, 10:22 AM
oops - I wrote a message, but was not prepared to make a mandatory donation before being able to sign the petition.

I know it goes to the site people, not the petition creator, but I'll have to think about it now.

ETA: Just got an email thanking me for signing the petition....go figure! :-)

jennielynn1970
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Mandatory Donation.

Can we say oxymoron.

shepgirl
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Leaves me a bit lost...why is she getting the dogs back? Catty, are you really making a donation? What if it goes to that woman....something not right somewhere.

Catty1
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
NO - I CLEARLY SAID the donation goes to the people who create the whole petition site. AND I didn't make a donation but MY SIGNATURE STILL WENT ON THE PETITION. I got an email confirmation of that.

If you want to know why she is getting the dogs back, just click on the link.

shepgirl
07-30-2008, 05:46 PM
I did click on the link, didn't make much sense to me, but then who knows how the law works.