PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing service rescues kitten from drainage pipe

Catty1
07-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Roto Rooter does it again! :D

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080726/koddities/oddity_kitten_rescue

Sat Jul 26, 9:46 PM

By The Associated Press

BRECKSVILLE, Ohio - It was Roto-Rooter to the rescue for an unlucky black kitten that got stuck in an outdoor drainage pipe near Cleveland.

The plumbing and drain service was called in Friday by workers at an Ohio firm. Someone spotted the kitten down an outside pipe, but other agencies either declined to help or didn't answer their phones.

Enter Roto-Rooter.

A crew used a drain snake equipped with a remote camera to keep the scared kitty in its sights. It took six hours to rescue the cat.

The kitten was examined by a vet and then taken home by Larry Ozanick (oh-ZAN'-ick), one of the rescuers.

He says he plans to name the kitten "Roto."

moosmom
07-27-2008, 11:27 AM
LOVE the name!! That is one lucky kitten. Shame on the people who refused to help.

catmandu
07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
THATS ONE LUCKY KITTY, AND HS RESCUER CERTAINLY WILL HAVE A COLORFUL STORY WHEN SIOMEONE ASKS HIM WHERE HE FOUND ROTO!!:love:
:love:
HE SHOULD BE A POSTER KITTEN FOR ROTO ROOTER , TO ADVERTISE HOW KIND THIER PEOPLE ARE!!!!:love::love:

phesina
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, God bless Roto Rooter and Larry Ozanick!

momcat
07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
There was a similar story in Philadelphia a few weeks ago that made our local news. A gentleman working for an auto body shop thought he heard a kitty meowing so he and a few co-workers started looking for him (her). They followed the sound and located the cat in an iron pipe that extended from the top of the building. They got what tools were available and started to try and take the pipe apart. As they were doing the best they could, a Roto-Rooter truck drove past. The driver pulled in and grabbed his tools. Mr. Roto-Rooter was able to find out exactly where the kitty was then got a vacuum thing from his truck. He put a soft cloth on the end, made a few adjustments and got the kitty out safely. The kitty is in excellent condition and was adopted by the worker who first heard its cries.

If I ever have a problem with drains or the like, my first call will be to Roto-Rooter and you can be sure I'll tell them why.

Catty1
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM
That same story was posted here not long ago...I wanted to make sure this one wasn't a duplicate.

About the same time as the Philadelphia story, a woman in Scotland had the fire brigade 'sock-vacuum' a day old kitten from a drainpipe in her house. Amazing!