PDA

View Full Version : My humane trap worked, but. . .

davidpizzica
07-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Instead of finding Nikki in the trap, I now have a raccoon in there who is pretty ticked off! I'm not going to free him myself so I'll call for backup. Right now he's giving me dirty looks!

kt_luvs_kitties
07-27-2008, 05:05 AM
I am so sorry you still havent found Nikki. Dont be discouraged, be more encouraged!

And I had to smile about the raccoon, poor thing is probably scared to death. Atleast he got a free meal out of it!

I used to make my raccoons and opossums Peanut Butter Sandwiches. They would even take them from my hands. I sure miss those little guys:(

davidpizzica
07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
I am so sorry you still havent found Nikki. Dont be discouraged, be more encouraged!

And I had to smile about the raccoon, poor thing is probably scared to death. Atleast he got a free meal out of it!

I used to make my raccoons and opossums Peanut Butter Sandwiches. They would even take them from my hands. I sure miss those little guys:(

Thank you. At least Rocky Raccoon got to eat a sardine dinner! He does look terrified in the trap and I kind of feel sorry for him. As I said, I'll call for help to release him.

catmandu
07-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I REMEMBER WHEN I HAD A HUMANE TARP OUT, TO CATCH POUNCER ROCCALNO AND EVERY DAY THERE WAS A DIFFERENT ANGRY CAT IN THERE.MOST WERE OBVIUOSLY PET CATS COMING OVER FOR DINNER , BUT THERE WAS ONE ORANGE CAT THAT WAS VERY WEAK , AND I PUT HIM IN THE BASEMENT TO HAVE MY VET LOOKAT HIM, AND I FOUND HIM DEAD THE NEXT MORNING.
I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT HIM.
I PRAY THAT NIKKI :love::love:COMES HOME SOON, I WILL ASK MOOSE ANGEL TO LOOK AS HE WAS ONCE GONE 2 MONTHS, BUT CAME HOME TO US AFTER WE PRAYED THAT HE WOULD.
THE WORRYING THE WORST THING AS YOU KNOW DAVID, I WOULD RACE DOWNSATIRS 4 OR 5 TIMES A NIGHT HOPING AGAINST HOPE THAT HE WOULD BE THERE.
GOD LUCK AND WE HOPE NIKKI WILL BE THERE THE NEXT TIME THAT YOU LOOK.:love::love::love::love:

Medusa
07-27-2008, 09:13 AM
When I was busy trapping the last of the ferals before I moved to this house, it seemed as though I trapped everything but cats, mainly groundhogs. Maybe this means that Nikki will be trapped, too, so keep the faith, David.

Scooter's Mom
07-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Have you looked under/behind the washer and dryer?

My dads kitty "ran away" (truthfully, he had a lot of workmen coming and going, we thought one of them stole her) and he found her there after it was way too late...

Freedom
07-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Now David, naming s one step away from adopting! You can NOT keep Rocky Raccoon! :p Glad to hear you will enlist some assistance. Bet he toddles off quickly once released.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Just glad is was a raccoon, not a skunk!!! :D

moosmom
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey David, do ya think you can teach him to say "meow" and walk on a harness???:p

davidpizzica
07-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey David, do ya think you can teach him to say "meow" and walk on a harness???:p

Donna, I'm looking for a "mooshoo buggy" for Rocky!

davidpizzica
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Rocky raccoon is now free. I had a friend come over to help me with him so we gently opened the trap and he/she didn't come out right away probably frightened of the humans. I looked out five minutes later and it looked like he/she was napping! I got my dinner ready and looked out again and the trap was empty. So tonight I'll put more food in it and move it to a different spot.