PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!

moosmom
09-04-2002, 11:54 AM
Hi!

I finally made it to Michigan! What a nightmare! Now before you go saying I told you so (regarding my cats yodeling throughout the whole trip) let me let you in on a little surprise.

All my furbabies and bald dude slept the whole 10 1/2 hours!!! :p :p :p Don't worry, I was shocked too.

The movers, who were supposed to arrive at 9 a.m. Saturday morning showed up at noon. Then, the driver realized he forgot to weigh the truck before arriving. So he had to go back out and get it weighed. That took another hour and a half. They started packing the truck at 1:30. They finished (we expected to be on the road by 4 p.m.) at 11 p.m.!!!! My sister-in-law and I, and my six furbabies spent the night at a hotel in CT.

I drove straight through Sunday and arrived in Michigan at 9:30 p.m. The cats were wonderful!!! They didn't make a sound. I am so proud of them.

So I'm here. I'm not online frequently because the truck has yet to arrive and my computer is on it. I've been borrowing my sister-in-laws computer at her travel agency.

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. Although the trip was very long, it was a beautiful day out, and my cats were perfect little angels (honest!!).

I'll be back online soon. Miss you all!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Welcome back! Glad you got there safely. Now the fun part: unpacking and getting settled in :)

NoahsMommy
09-04-2002, 12:05 PM
That's great about the cats!! Did you tranquilize them? I forgot.

Sorry you had some setbacks with the movers...did everything arrive safely yet?

gini
09-04-2002, 12:15 PM
Ah, the best laid plans...................whatever happens to them?

But your nice surprise was your reward. (kitties sleeping). Glad to hear that you arrived safely. I don't envy the task ahead of you, but glad that you and the furkids are alright.

09-04-2002, 12:17 PM
i wish you all the luck in your new place !!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/home.gif

Former User
09-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad the journey was 'easy' and cats were little angels. They sure can surprise us sometimes, can't they? :)

Randi
09-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanks for posting. What an ordeal with the movers! :rolleyes: Glad the kitties slept all the way! Isn't that amazing! :)

Now, take your time to get settled and come back here when you're ready. See you soon! :)

Edwina's Secretary
09-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Good news on your safe and quiet move to Michigan. While the behavior of the cats may have been a surprise the behavior of the movers probably wasn't!

Good to have you back and welcome to the Midwest!

lizbud
09-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Moosmom,

So glad to hear that you & the kitties arrived safely. Hope
that all your things arrive intact and you get all settled in
no time. Liz.

P.S. Don't you just love that little picture of Lut's, with the
six pair of little eyeballs peering out of the box. LOL.

AmberLee
09-04-2002, 02:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! What a pleasant surprise re. the cats travelling so well. I think your former activities with taking them to cat shows helped immensely this time.

What a pain re. the movers, but ... sigh ... not ALL that surprising. Do hope your settling in goes as well as the move itself did.

{{{hugs}}} and congrats all over again for having the bulk of the move behind you.

lovemymaltese
09-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Welcome back, glad you made it there safely.

Miss Meow
09-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Hi Moosmom, glad to hear you've made the move safe and sound. What an ordeal with the removalists; at least it's over now and you can settle into your new life with your beautifully behaved fur and bald babies. Lots of exploring for them to do!

Our move date has been brought forward, so we leave in about eight weeks now. Arghhhhh!!! But I can take solace from your experience that everything worked out and there is light at the end of the highway. Welcome back!

TheAntiPam
09-04-2002, 08:14 PM
Congratulations on the semi-smooth move, and best furry wishes on your new life situation - I sure hope all your fur babies give you the TLC you will need while adjusting to new places and new people!

Karen
09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Welcome back, welcome (to your new) home, and frankly, aren't you glad you can be mad at the movers, who you'll never see again, than the cats? Things could have been far worse! ;)

AmberLee
09-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Karen
... Things could have been far worse!

What a nice spin you put on that, Karen! I like it a lot.

Logan
09-05-2002, 05:23 AM
Welcome back and congratulations on getting there with the most important cargo, your kitties!! I know you will be happy to be settled in, and hopefully by now, your furniture, and more importantly, your computer, have arrived. We'll look forward to having you back on a regular basis. What a brave girl you are, moving like this!! I wish you a wonderful future! :D

lynnestankard
09-05-2002, 05:50 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif

TO YOUR NEW HOME!

Glad it all went (almost) well Donna!! At least the most important part did - the furkids are fine! Yippee!!

Lynne

anna_66
09-05-2002, 06:14 AM
Glad your back!!

AdoreMyDogs
09-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Welcome back! What a pain in the bum those movers can be. We just recentlly moved and one of the movers kept laying down and sleeping on the ramp...and we were paying him to sleep! I guess it rarely goes 100% well, but at least the precious cargo is fine.

Welcome to Michigan!

moosmom
09-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for your great wishes! I'm still awaiting my possessions:mad: I've called yesterday and today and they said they'd call me 24 hours ahead of time to let me know exactly when to expect them.

My furbabies are doing great! Although they are stuck in my bedroom at my sister-in-laws house for the time being, they aren't hiding. At least we all have each other.

The drive took a while and I was stiff for about 3 days, I'm doing fine and trying to learn my way around the area. I've called a couple of temp agencies and they are eagerly awaiting my resume (which happens to be on my desktop of my computer which also happens to be on the truck :mad: ) I hope my stuff will be here by this weekend so I can get busy setting my place up.

My furbabies are going to have their own "trophy" room complete with ribbons, kitty trees and a whole bunch of other stuff. I think AmberLee is right about their experience with traveling to cat shows. I am so proud of them.

I'll be back online real soon. Love you guys!

P.S. Just got an update on the truck. This $#%@*&! moving company (Don't EVER use Regal Relocaters out of Teaneck, NJ) is a rip off!! After being told our bill was all paid in full by the owner of the company on Saturday, the weasel dispatcher threatened that unless we pay $600 for boxes we used as well as the weight of the stuff on the truck (a total of an additional $1,800 on top of the $1,250 we already paid) my stuff would be left behind :( . Now I'm depressed. I'm calling 60 Minutes or 20/20 once I get my things. I don't want anyone else getting ripped off the way we were.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
(a total of an additional $1,800 on top of the $1,250 we already paid) my stuff would be left behind :( . Now I'm depressed. I'm calling 60 Minutes or 20/20 once I get my things. I don't want anyone else getting ripped off the way we were.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Glad you made it there safe and sound, but what a nightmare with the movers!!! I can't believe they have the gall to charge you $1,800.00 more than what they originally asked for, especially after you were told that you were paid in full!!! I would call the Better Business Bureau, and everybody else I could think of too (Chamber of Commerce?) These people do not deserve to be in business.

But glad you and the family are all safe and getting used to your new surroundings. Hopefully you'll have your furniture and stuff soon to help with the settling in process.