PDA

View Full Version : I fell carrying MooShoo!!!!!

moosmom
07-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Moo and I were going for a walk in his buggy in the park. I was carrying all 18.7 pounds of skin when I tripped on the sidewalk. My left knee took the brunt of it. But poor MooShoo fell outta my arms and was shell shocked. First thing I did was check him over from head to toe. I just hope he didn't his his head on the sidewalk. I didn't see any bumps (a little scrape on his back end) He SEEMED okay. I took him for a ride in the car to the bank and he barfed all over my front seat. I took a second look at his left paw and 3 of his pads got cut, sort of like when you accidentally bend a fingernail backwards (ouch!!!). I got him home and washed his boo-boos off and put an antibiotic ointment on all three pads. He's not acting right. He's hiding under the down cover on my futon.

I'm gave him a bunch of Greenies for being such a good boy. But boy do I feel bad.:(:(:( I'm such a klutz!!!:( I'm going to watch him (till I go to work, that is) and hope he's okay when I get home.

jennielynn1970
07-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Awe... poor MooShoo! I hope he's ok, and just hiding cause he is still a little shook up.

Will keep him, and you (how are you, from the fall??) in my thoughts today!

moosmom
07-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh, I'm okay. Just a scratch and bruise on my left knee. I think MooShoo is more exhausted than anything else.

RockyRoad
07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Poor MooShoo, and poor you! Here`s hoping that he`s okay. :love:

Miss Z
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Ouch, I hope both of you are OK! You aren't a klutz, Donna, it could happen to anyone. Both of you take it easy today, you've both had a shock ((hugs)) :love:

catmandu
07-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I HAVE TRIPPED MANY TIMES, USUALLY AFTER I HAVE CAUGHT A FOUND CATS AND AM TAKING HIM TO ONE SIDE TO BE READY FOR OUR VET DR MARSALES .
AND THAT OF COURSE DOES NOT DO MUCH FOR THE CONFIDENCE OF A CAT WHO HAS BEEN CAUGHT , AND DOESNT LIKE THE EXPERIENCE ANYWAYS EVEN WITHOUT CRASHING TO THE FLOOR.
NO WONDER THEY ARE SO HARD TO CATCH ON VET DAY.:eek::(:confused::eek::eek:
ITS DAD WITH THE CARRIER THAT FALLLS!!!!:(:(
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES FOUND CATS!!!!:confused::eek::eek:

moosmom
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
He's fine. My left side hurts from the fall but I'm sure I'll live. I'm just glad Moo wasn't hurt badly.

Catty1
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh no...of ALL the cats to fall with...the heaviest! And the poor guy can't see, so had no idea what was what.

I hope your owies heal really soon. Do you have painkillers, or epsom salts for a nice bath?

Wishing you a fast recovery!

Medusa
07-27-2008, 09:16 AM
So I guess asking you 'how was your trip' is a moot point. ;) Glad to hear that your scrapes are minor, Donna. I'm sure MooShoo is fine, too, just a little shell shocked. Take care, girlfriend. :)

moosmom
07-27-2008, 11:25 AM
MooShoo is back to his old goofy self. I woke up this morning and my left side feels like someone used it as a punching bag. From the top of my shoulder all the way down my left leg. I'm going to try and take some Aleve to see if that helps.

sasvermont
07-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Donna, I hope the Aleve worked for you. It works for me, much more so than Tylenol etc.

I trust your furry friend is doing just fine too. They seem to be able to brush it off much more easily than humans.

Let us know how you're doing.

Love,
SAS:love:

moosmom
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm still very sore. I think I fell harder than I thought I did. I'll be okay. MooShoo is no worse for wear.

Catty1
07-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Donna - I hope the Aleve helps!

And Moo is looking at you: 'Pick me up, mom. What's the problem?'

Glad he is ok, and you will be soon! I guess Mooshoo is lucky in that he has more, er, safety padding to absorb the impact! :p:)

momcat
07-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Ms. Donna!
I'm so sorry to hear that you fell down and got some ouchies. That sure is not fun at all. Sometimes Meowmie's hands hurt and get so stiff that she drpos things. The whitecoat told her to take Aleve and boy, it makes her feel better quick and in a hurry! I hope it works for you too.

And how is my fellow kitty MooShoo? I hope his feets are better so that he can do kitty stuff with no problem. I'm sure he feels sad because his wonderful Meowmie has ouchies and is doing whatever he can to help.

I'm sending MooShoo some purrs and headbumpies to remind him that all the PT kitties are here for him. Also, I'm sending you lots of feel better purrs and kitty hugs and kitty kisses :love: :love: Feel better very soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

Medusa
07-28-2008, 09:02 AM
So how ya doin' today, girlfriend? Bruises turning lots of nice pretty colors? Seriously, I do hope you're feeling better. A hot bath in Epsom salts will help tremendously. :)

moosmom
07-28-2008, 09:09 AM
There are actually no bruises except for the scrape on my knee. But the soreness is what is really bothering me. Aleve isn't helping at all. My whole left arm and the area near and behind my rotator cuff hurt. Time will heal it.

Zara,

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm still a klutz. I really am. Especially around steps. Oh the stories I could tell you!!!:D;)

Medusa
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=moosmom;2042170]There are actually no bruises except for the scrape on my knee. But the soreness is what is really bothering me. Aleve isn't helping at all. My whole left arm and the area near and behind my rotator cuff hurt. Time will heal it. QUOTE]

Ouch! Rotator cuff pain is awful! Well, if you can stand it, hot compresses w/Epsom salts in the water will help. Prayers going up that the soreness leaves you right now, Donna. :)

GILL
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Donna, so sorry too hear about your fall. It sounds Like Mooshoo is fine. But you should have things checked. Feel better soon.