PDA

View Full Version : It's Bacon!

anna_66
07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I was getting ready to fix some bacon this morning, and my sweet lovable boy Bon decided he would like some too.
I turned around for something, and when I turned back he had the whole pound of bacon hanging out of his mouth!

What could I do at that point? I scolded him, and of course went out and bought some more:rolleyes:

Gotta :love: him!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d902b3127ccec4fa34c5819b00000040O00QZt2LRoycMQ e3nwY/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D480/ry%3D320/

k9krazee
07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh Bon! What a nawtee boy! :love:

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I was getting ready to fix some bacon this morning ...

... when I turned back he had the whole pound of bacon hanging out of his mouth!

What could I do at that point?
... went out and bought some more. :rolleyes:

Otta remind him the Two Second Rule doesn't apply till the stuff hits the FLOOR!

"What to do?"
Fight for it, wash it off, and get it into the pan before he grabs it again! :p

I get nerbus when I'm choppin something up and notice the two Vultures lurking under my elbow.
They're waiting for the errant piece to jump off the cutting board and bounce off the counter.
I think twice about trying to *catch* a falling piece when I hear the two sets of
TEETH make an *air SNAP* or two as they attempt to field the flying morsel.

It's always *phunn* to have "help" in the kitchen!

:D

Ginger's Mom
07-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Aww Ma, he was just helping. He didn't want you slaving over the heat of that stove. He said that's alright Mom, I'll eat it this way. What a thoughtful dog.

Okay, I'll admit I was kind of hoping for a picture of him with the bacon in his mouth. So in answer to your question, what could I do, the answer is: grab the camera. :D

finn's mom
07-26-2008, 11:09 AM
hahahahahaha, yeah, i have learned the hard way, too. ;)

lizbud
07-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, guess you have to have taller counters, or shorter dogs.:D My pups
are wild for bacon too, but usually wait patiently nearby till it's cooked.:D

lizbud
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Otta remind him the Two Second Rule doesn't apply till the stuff hits the FLOOR!

"What to do?"
Fight for it, wash it off, and get it into the pan before he grabs it again! :p

Honestly, I would have seriously considered that.:)

elizabethann
07-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh I hope Bon doesn't get a tummy ache. What a silly guy!

Daisy and Delilah
07-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh No Bon!!! What a silly boy!! Tell Mom you had just heard so much on tv about bacon from those Beggin Strip commercials, you had to investigate. Jackpot!!!:)

K9karen
07-26-2008, 08:19 PM
So? Did ya learn your lesson, Anna? Never turn your back on a big, tall boy, who can reach the counter, when there's BACON smellin' up the room!

If the bacon was already nice and crispy, howwever, I would have snuck around you and snatched it all off the table! :p

*Gimme 5 Bon!*

(I wudda run out and bought another pound too!)

4 Dog Mother
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh, Bon Boy, you ate all the bacon by yourself? And didn't give mom and dad any? That wasn't very nice big boy! I am sure Mark appreciated you going to get more for him too!

shepgirl
07-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I heard bacon fat gave dogs a beautiful shiny coat....lol.

Pam
07-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Okay, I'll admit I was kind of hoping for a picture of him with the bacon in his mouth. So in answer to your question, what could I do, the answer is: grab the camera. :D

Me too! :D Oh Silly Bon! You were just being a dawg doin' what comes naturally, weren't you! :p Mommy shouldn't have such good smelling stuff around if she isn't intending to share. :D Anna I hope that his tummy didn't get upset. That is probably going to be one messy pooper scoop in the yard! LOL!

joycenalex
07-27-2008, 06:58 AM
dear bon, you 'member me? princess peanut, we met at the dog park? i'm the pretty pawed one with the purple collar and the big smile? we sniffed each other under the shade tree near the shelter house? ...yesterday the humom read what your human posted about grabbing the bacon, she laughed, said angel alex, king of counter cruisers must have been whispering in your ears, cuz he would do stuff like that, often( he got a 5# uncooked beef roast once). so this morning, inspired by your good dog example yesterday, and a soft, so soft woof in my ear, i did the same thing. thanks for the idea and example, happy wags and dancing feet, princess peanut with the bacon breath

Freedom
07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
First Bon, and then Princess Peanut!

I am sometimes glad I do not have counter surfers to worry about.

Now the "air snaps" Phred mentioned, yes those I DO have to watch out for.

Bon, pace yourself and be a good boy for a few days else you may find yourself banned from the kitchen!

And Princess Peanut, some of your friends set bad examples, te hee.

cassiesmom
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Bon, sweety ... was the bacon delicious?

anna_66
07-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Oh Joyce, I can't believe that Peanut did the same thing:eek:
It definitely must have been Alex whispering in their ears!

Bon says yes...the bacon was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!
And nope, no upset tummy. Thank goodness it was low sodium bacon...lol!
I'm never turning my back on him again!!!

cyber-sibes
07-29-2008, 08:59 AM
LOL! That conjures up quite a picture, Anna! Poor Bon, probably just couldn't help himself, :D silly boy!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2008, 09:07 AM
How kind of Bon to think of your figures while sacrificing his own waistline!

Chica
07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
My dogs go crazy for people food to. They sit patiently until I give them some. Question, I thought pork products was not good for dogs.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I thought pork products was not good for dogs.[/COLOR]

Clearly, Bon has other ideas ;)

CathyBogart
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Good thing he's a youngster! If he was older, I'd be really worried about pancreatitis. Silly Bon, wait for mama to give you treats!!

lvpets2002
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
:love: Well doggiemom Your baby was just watching on TV the commercial Got Bacon with the beggen strips.. He just wanted to prove he had bacon..

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-30-2008, 07:05 AM
LOL~OMGosh I could just see this in motion. As big as he is there is probably no jumping up to the counter, he looks like he could rest his head on it with no problems. Bon you stinker. Please give that big mushy face some kisses for me Anna.

Lori Jordan
07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
That is too funny,Sounds like my Maggy and your Bon would make a good pair,Last family get together she stole raw steaks off the counter for her and her Brother and sisters!

ramanth
07-30-2008, 09:37 PM
OMG!! Bon! LOL! :eek: :D :love:

Ah the joys of having a tall dog. ;)