PDA

View Full Version : Destructive Lab

beautiflowers
09-04-2002, 10:28 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!!
We have a dog who is eating through our A/C electric lines, along with our cable. He pulls them out of the house, and chews them in half. Does anyone know what we could do to prevent this from happening again?? He is about 9 months to a year. We buy him toys after toys after toys. Instead of toys, he likes tree roots, bushes, and electrical lines. :eek:
PLEASE HELP!!!!

wolf_Q
09-06-2002, 12:57 AM
He's still young, and pups are very destructive (believe me, I know...I have a siberian husky pup who has eaten just about EVERYTHING) My pup has plenty of toys too, and he also really enjoys chewing up trees, I can't keep him away from them. How is the dog getting to your electrical lines? The only thing I think you can really do about that is make sure you keep him away from them, he could get seriously hurt. You can buy a spray called Bitter Apple at Petsmart/Petco. It doesn't effect my dog much, but it's supposed to stop dogs from chewing on things...tastes nasty. You could also try getting toys that are more interesting to the dog. Ones that you can hide treats in such as kongs, milk bone ball, molecuball, etc....it will keep him playing much longer! Good luck!

wolf_Q
09-06-2002, 01:00 AM
p.s. Welcome to Pet Talk!!!

p.s.s. If you post this under "Dog Behavior" you will probably get more replies! :)

beautiflowers
09-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Hey! Thanks for replying to my email. We rewired the A/C and put it all back together. We also built a box around the area, and he hasn't touched it. So we are hoping that we fixxed the problem. Again thank you for replying to my email.
Thanks,
beautiflowers:)