PDA

View Full Version : Jingle just did the cutest thing...

Scooter's Mom
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I wish I had batteries in my camera!

On top of my desk I have a webkinz kitty that my boss gave me for my birthday. Jingle jumped on top of hubbies desk and then over to the top of mine. She sat down, looked around and then picked up the "kitten" on the top of it's little head in her mouth. She jumped back to hubbies desk and into his chair, onto the floor and over to the huge doggie bed in here... all the while holding the "kitten" in her mouth. It was SO cute.

She was spayed in January (1/21/08) and she's just now about a year and 4 months old. Why is she doing it? Does she think it's her baby?

Scooter's Mom
07-25-2008, 11:06 PM
She did it again!

I don't know why she'd start doing this. The "kitten" has sat on the top of my desk for a month and she hasn't noticed it.

Catty1
07-25-2008, 11:14 PM
AWWWWWWW!

Can you get a pic of her and her 'baby' in the bed?:)

That is just TOO cute.

I've read stories here of male and female cats who are fixed having strong mothering instincts. Lut's Maya, for example - mothered every new kitty that came in!

RockyRoad
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Hehe, how cute that must have been to watch! :D That is too adorable. My only girl, Sally, has never shown any mothering instincts, so I don`t know anything about it. Of course, with three other boys around her at all times, she has become more of a queen than a mother! :p

Freedom
07-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Aren't they cute when they do the unexpected? Yay, Jingle!

My Chestnut, when he was young (and small) used to carry around the stuffed hedge hog I have here. The stuffie was twice his size!

catmandu
07-26-2008, 09:41 AM
ONCE IN A WHILE SCRAPPY 2 WILL PICK UP A BEANIE BABY CAT THAT SHE SORT OF ADOPTED AFTER HER KITTEN WAS STILL BORN AS SHE WAS ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD.
SHE WAS TOO YOUNG TO KITTEN PROPERLY:(:(
IT MAY WELL BE THAT THATS THIER MATERNAL INSTINCT COMING TO THE FORE AS ANIMAL MOTHERS HAVE A TREMENDOUS CAPACITY TO LOVE.:love::love::love: