PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason To love Tony Stewart

lizbud
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
This vests are supposed to be both shot proof & stab proof. I like that
there is more protection in the chest area.

It doesn't mention it in this article but he also bought vests for 3 or 4 other states also. Check out the video too.:)

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8733806

pitc9
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not into Nascar... but now I'm a HUUUUUGE Tony Stewart fan!
:D

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
:love: WoW such a Great thing to do for the dogs on Police Duty.. Hurray for the babies to be protected.. You rock Tony Stewart..

Cincy'sMom
07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
That is awesome!! As much of a bad wrap as Tony gets for so many things, he also does so many great things, using his idea, not because someone asked him to, or to put on amedia show.

This is another article about some of chariable thigns he has done.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/features/07/11/rswan.tstewart.foundation.work/index.html

Daisy and Delilah
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
That is absolutely fantastic!! Maybe I'll become a Tony fan now--on the track that is ;) GO TONY!!!:D

Taz_Zoee
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I do not watch Nascar all the time, but I've been a Stewart fan from when he was a Rookie. Because he was an open wheel driver before. :) But this just backs my love of him. :D :D

lizbud
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
That is awesome!! As much of a bad wrap as Tony gets for so many things, he also does so many great things, using his idea, not because someone asked him to, or to put on amedia show.

This is another article about some of chariable thigns he has done.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/features/07/11/rswan.tstewart.foundation.work/index.html

Thanks for the link Amy. I didn't know all the other stuff he does. I don't
follow NASCAR at all, but it sure gets a lot of coverage here in Indy.:)

I did see a film clip the other day with Tony meeting and talking to a very
sick little boy who asked to be able to meet him. Tony sqatted down next
to the little guy & they talked together for a long time. The boy
was a little nervous but Tony handled it all really well. Tony never talked
to the media throughout the whole thing.

I really liked these vests that cover the dog's chest so much better. Indy
had one Police Dog who was killed when the fleeing man stabbed him in the
chest. The dog bled out & died before he could be treated.:(

ramanth
07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Yay Tony!

anna_66
07-25-2008, 04:59 PM
If only everyone knew that Tony really has a good side:)

Thanks Liz and Amy for the links.

Cincy'sMom
10-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Tony's is helping the animals, again...

Zippy

Hurricane Ike slammed the Gulf Coast of Texas in September and national news covered the flood damage to homes and communities. Another situation unfolded that drew only local news coverage -- the rescue of a Siberian tiger from Crystal Island. This tigress was left stranded by its owner and she rode out the hurricane plus 3 more days without food or water.

The International Exotic Feline Sanctuary, located in Boyd, Texas, was contacted and asked to provide a permanent home to this unnamed tigress. Tony had visited this sanctuary last August while in Fort Worth for The Smoke Show to benefit Speedway Children's Charities - Texas Chapter. Knowing of Tony's keen interest in the protection of exotic felines, IEFS Executive Director Richard Gilbreth contacted the TS Foundation to see whether financial assistance could be provided to help build this tigress a new enclosure. And, Richard wanted Tony to have "naming rights." It didn't take Tony long to suggest the name "Zippy" -- in honor of his Crew Chief of 10 years, Greg Zipadelli.

Zippy arrived October 9 at IEFS which is also home to 61 felines and 4 bears. Richard Gilbreth reports she is healthy, happy and dubbed by staff as the most beautiful of their tigers. You can follow Zippy's progress and learn more about IEFS by visiting www.bigcat.org.

There is a much larger story to be told about the exotic feline trade in the United States. In his home state of Indiana, Tony generously supports the Exotic Feline Rescue Center which is located in Center Point just outside of Terre Haute. The EFRC is home to almost 200 exotic cats of which more than 130 are Siberian tigers. Currently, a new habitat is being constructed for "Herman's Group" with funding from a TSF grant. You can view the building progress and learn more about EFRC by visiting www.exoticfelinerescuecenter.org.

Please visit the foundation web site, www.tonystewartfoundation.org, in November to read a profile about these two outstanding rescue organizations that serve their resident cats for life -- often 25 years or more. Their stories, photos and links to the national discussion about the exotic feline trade will be posted on or before November 6 under a new Tab entitled Partners / Profiled Organization. About every 3-4 weeks, one of the TSF-funded not-for-profit organizations will be profiled in depth. In this way, you can better understand how Foundation monies are used to help children, animals and injured motorsports drivers.

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow, and he was my favorite even before I knew of his love for animals. :D