PDA

View Full Version : Any Pennsylvanians missing a peacock?

columbine
07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
CLARKS SUMMIT, Pa.—Picking up hitchhikers can be risky, but this one in northeast Pennsylvania was a bird of a different feather. Jerry Dimick and a friend were driving along Route 307 near Clarks Summit on Wednesday when they spotted a peacock standing by the edge of the road.

Dimick said he stopped and "went 'smooch, smooch, smooch, smooch' and the bird came over," so he "reached out and grabbed him."

With no room in the back of his pickup truck, Dimick put the peacock in the front seat. He said, "The bird was sitting in between the two of us. He sat there."

Dimick took the bird to his home in Taylor and is trying to find it a safe place to live. So far, he's had no luck with the Game Commission, animal control, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, or the local zoo.

Story from WNEP - they might know how to contact these folks.

Love, Columbine

moosmom
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
No, but I know of a village who is missing it's idiot. LOL

Sorry, just had to chime in there. I'll shut up now.

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 09:42 AM
:p Neat & Diff story ever read..

Taz_Zoee
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Peacocks are beautiful birds, but they are the most obnoxious sounding creatures alive. Their cries can drive you NUTZ!!!!!
But this is a cute story. :)

Ginger's Mom
07-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I love the title of this thread. :D It made me lol.

Moon, Bean, Sunny, did you have anything to do with this? ;)

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Peacocks are beautiful birds, but they are the most obnoxious sounding creatures alive. Their cries can drive you NUTZ!!!!!
But this is a cute story. :)

:o Oh by the way did I tell you all Peacock is my maiden name.. :D I just kept my married name after my divorce..

Taz_Zoee
07-25-2008, 03:30 PM
:o Oh by the way did I tell you all Peacock is my maiden name.. :D I just kept my married name after my divorce..

LOL, I was referring to the bird!!! ;) Like I said, they ARE beautiful to look at. Especially the males when they show their tail feathers. And Peacock is not a bad name. I always think of Mrs. Peacock from the board game Clue. :D

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
:p Well I dont think I have any tail feathers.. Hey I agree with you on their vocal cords can get to your nerves.. :D