PDA

View Full Version : another hospital stay

davidpizzica
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Guess what? I get to have another stay at the hospital! I have to go in for a heart catherization around the first week in august. They're going to see if there are any blockage and possibly have a difibrillator put in. I'm starting to get tired of doctors!

Catty1
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh, David...

I hope your Cat Sense friends will keep an eye out for Nikki and check the trap.

Ask your doctors about OMega 3 fish oils (in caps). It's supposed to really help clear the arteries. But ask them. People who have had heart attacks are not supposed to take them, so I don't know about your condition.

What changes have you made to your food and stuff so far? Every little bit helps, even you have just changed one thing.

{{{hugs}}}

moosmom
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
David,

What you're having is a Angioplasty. They catheterize your heart's valves to see if there is a blockage.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
:( Oh my my David.. Hope all goes good & well.. We will be thinking & praying for you.. Keep us posted ok..

Daisy and Delilah
07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear that David. I know how much I detest hospitals. I dread it for you. Just do the "oblivion" attitude. Shut out everything around you and pretend you're on a pampered vacation. That's what I do.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

davidpizzica
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear that David. I know how much I detest hospitals. I dread it for you. Just do the "oblivion" attitude. Shut out everything around you and pretend you're on a pampered vacation. That's what I do.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Thanks, Terry. I plan to do that. Here's something odd. Four years ago when I had my knee replaced, I watched the Olympics from Greece. Now this year I'll watch part of the China Olympics in the hospital!

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Terry. I plan to do that. Here's something odd. Four years ago when I had my knee replaced, I watched the Olympics from Greece. Now this year I'll watch part of the China Olympics in the hospital!

:o Well there you go David == De Ja Vu

Kinkyo
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Very sorry about that and hope you come back fine and dandy....

phesina
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear this.. Best wishes and prayers.

And more prayers still for Nikki.

shepgirl
07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
David - this kind of sucks, but if it's needed then you're lucky the doc's are doing it right away. Better to know all the facts.

Catty1 - How come if you have had a heart attack you can't take fish oil caps...thought omega's were great at reducing chance of heart attacks???

Catty1
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't know the actual reason, shepgirl...a friend of mine has had 2 heart attacks in the last 3 years (she is 43!) and says she can't take it.

However, I found this article which says the oil is OFTEN used after heart attacks in Europe, but not in North America.

http://nybc.wordpress.com/2007/11/11/fish-oil-omega-3-fatty-acids-used-after-heart-attacks-in-europe-why-not-in-the-us/

Maybe the drug companies are too powerful here?

Freedom
07-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry to read this news, David. Will keep you in my prayers!

Now you can't have an excuse to NOT watch the Olympics!

davidpizzica
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry to read this news, David. Will keep you in my prayers!

Now you can't have an excuse to NOT watch the Olympics!

Uh, does the term "captive audience" come to mind??

Daisy and Delilah
07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
David, during my hospitalization in 1996, I watched the Atlanta Olympics. That's how I remember what year each of them happened. I hope I don't get a chance to view the Bejiing Olympics from a hospital bed :eek:

I learned that you will soon love the Olympics because it's right there to watch around the clock. It really makes one appreciate it when they can't do anything else.:)