PDA

View Full Version : Stop The "Cat Cutters"!!!

steel
07-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Stop The "Cat Cutters"!!! - The Petition Site
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/stop-the-cat-cutters

Karen
07-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Warning - even the opening page of the petition has upsetting graphic content. Do NOT click the link unless you are prepared to see awful things.

Catty1
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
I added contacts from my address book three times - they got erased three times - and I got three Thank Yous for signing the petition.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Karen is right...if you go to the link, click directly on the link to sign the petition, and do not read the main message where the two still pics are. Don't look. Just sign.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-24-2008, 01:10 AM
SIGNED... I did not look. The initial picture has me reeling with anger, sadness, and most of all pity. Those poor cats. I did not look, only the first pic that you have to look at. Hope that this helps in some way.:(:mad::mad:

Catty1
07-24-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.aapn.org/

This is a link to the Asian Animal Protection Network. Here is a statement on their home page:

AAPN aims to develop intra-regional co-operation and provide an entry point for enquiries from other regions. It is a loose, cost-effective network for exchanging information and ideas and general mutual support. Issues include but are not limited to: animal welfare, animal rights, vegetarian and vegan concerns, humane education, wildlife habitat conservation, traditional medicine, zoos, safari parks, circuses, the fur trade, elephants, bears, tigers, wolves, dogs, cats, etc.

Please try to attend the next Asia for Animals Conference which will be in Bali in August 2008 (just before the Olympic Games in Beijing):

It would be great to link up to some of these groups - I am going to explore the site a bit and see what they are working on.

ETA: Links to individual Asian groups: http://www.aapn.org/links.html

Emeraldgreen
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I saw the pics and I'm horrified. I could not watch the video. I just can't do it. I feel like my heart just isn't up to the depth of sadness and darkness it will bring. I'm so disgusted that this goes on over there and that it is tolerated. It all feels so hopeless.:( I know watching the video would give me more information so I could better combat this issue but right now, I just can't do it. I wish there was more we could do to stop this above and beyond the petition. :(

moosmom
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
My curiosity is getting the better of me, HOWEVER, I'll admit I'm too scared to look.

steel
07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I didnt see the video but i did view the images.It pisses me off & i have posted the topic/petition on quite a few websites.This is what i do & karen knows that.As long as i get the info out its all good to me.Im not in a popularity contest.These kids in china discust me & i blame their parents & chinese govt as well.Those pics are heartbreaking & ALOT of people are outraged.Its up to us to take care & look out for our four legged friends/companions.

moosmom
07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Its up to us to take care & look out for our four legged friends/companions.

Right on James!!! I'm boycotting the Olympic Games because of the running of the torch up Mount Everest AND what the Bejing Government did to cats.:mad::mad: