PDA

View Full Version : Bad choice of Words :)

Freedom
07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
We had a water spout earlier (tornado over water) VERY unusual around here. So during a program break, a local weatherman announced:
"Severe thunderstorm warning in effect until 10 tonight, details at 11" The details would include the cities, counties, or area effected. :rolleyes:

I admit to copying these from another forum (and my inspiration for starting this thread):
The Honda ad banner just above the forum page says

"I'm back and I'm knocking!"

Not the best phrase to use when trying to sell a car, eh?

There is a TV ad for an automobile that shows an expensive car racing along while Mozart's Requiem dramatically plays in the background. I love that piece of music, but the vocalists are singing "...consigned to the flames of woe..." - not really the image you want for a new car purchase.

Feel free to add any you've noticed!

Suki Wingy
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
There is a car dealership around here called Roto, which means broken in Spanish. Every once and a while I see a car with a license plate frame that says Roto and I just have to laugh.

Jessika
07-23-2008, 09:26 PM
There is a car dealership around here called Roto, which means broken in Spanish. Every once and a while I see a car with a license plate frame that says Roto and I just have to laugh.

Can't forget the Chevy Nova ;)

Moesha
07-23-2008, 10:40 PM
There is a used car dealership in my county called "Crook's used cars".

Back during the Clinton administration when there was frequent news reports about court proceedings, one of the local news anchors said regarding that, "Today there was a flurry of subpenises." She didn't correct herself. I keep waiting to see that replayed on one of those "Funniest News Clip" shows.

pitc9
07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I have a "Get 'er Done" automotive shop near me. :rolleyes:

There is a place here that fixes leaks (gas tanks... radiators...etc.) and their sign on the front of the building says "A Great Place to Take a Leak."
:D

smokey the elder
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
My all-time favorite is Hernia Movers in Milwaukee: "The potentate of tote'n'freight!"

Freedom
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I am finding craigslist is a GREAT place for a "bad choice of words," te hee.

Today, this subject line appeared in the pets forum:

"Wonderful home looking for small female"
You have to open it to find out if they want a dog, cat, or . . . have something else in mind! :D