PDA

View Full Version : Fair or not? Thursday #275!

RICHARD
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
How's about a trip to the fair this week?

I have been thinking about some fair food and wine margaritas for a while now.
Hotdogs on a stick, deep fried twinkies, 10 pound buns, kebabs-chicken and beef, popcorn and funnel cakes!!!!!!

Let me get the keys to the bus....

All aboard?

DONE!

davidpizzica
07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
How's about a trip to the fair this week?

I have been thinking about some fair food and wine margaritas for a while now.
Hotdogs on a stick, deep fried twinkies, 10 pound buns, kebabs-chicken and beef, popcorn and funnel cakes!!!!!!

Let me get the keys to the bus....

All aboard?

DONE!

RICHARD, I'm still heartsick over Nikki being lost, but I think a ride on the Thursday bus will help bring my spirits up. Ten pound buns? Those things are huge!

RICHARD
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
RICHARD, I'm still heartsick over Nikki being lost, but I think a ride on the Thursday bus will help bring my spirits up. Ten pound buns? Those things are huge!

I love the TPB! I get extra jalapenos on mine.....But, I have to buy two wine margaritas because it takes a while before I can find the booth. :)

Another food I love are the mushroom crepes!

Jump on, We have to start picking people up!

DONE!

jennielynn1970
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
what is a ten pound bun?? like a cinnamon bun??

after my day today, i will definitely join you on that bus. I'll have whatever you're drinking, just a really really really big one!

fairs... i miss those! I love getting Kettle Corn, ice Cream Sandwiches, and Smitty's French Fries w/ salt and vinegar!

I'll have one of each of those please!

RICHARD
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
A TPB is a french bread pizza.

Tomato sauce, oregano, cheese and thin onions with jalapenos and other stuff on top. They broil them and are served hot!

'One of each' and a wine margarita?
DONE!

jennielynn1970
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
So, are they really heavy and big?? Must be a west coast thing. I've never heard of them. Unless I just haven't been to the right fairs, lol.

lvpets2002
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
:o Oh Thanks Alot you guys.. I am trying to hold back Hunger Pains here at work && then I start reading about all the food being served.. Yum Yum.. Hey come by & pick me up too.. I want a little bit of everything being served.. Also could I have a Bigg LIT please..

cassiesmom
07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Does this fair serve corn on the cob? That's what I'm craving today. Either that or fresh strawberries.

smokey the elder
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I am so jonesing for an ice cream cone!:p:D

RICHARD
07-24-2008, 02:00 PM
So, are they really heavy and big?? Must be a west coast thing. I've never heard of them. Unless I just haven't been to the right fairs, lol.

Think of a six inch slab of a french bread roll!

LP,
One of everything and a Long Island Ice Tea?
DONE!

CM,
It ain't a fair unless......

One corn on the cob?
DONE!

STE,
What flavor?:)

And you have to pick your own sprinkles too!

Grace
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I'll join LP in a LIT - and an ear of corn would be nice.

lvpets2002
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I'll join LP in a LIT - and an ear of corn would be nice.

:cool: Hey yow thats a great combo.. I needs one of those corn on the cob too with my Bigg LIT..

Grace
07-24-2008, 04:37 PM
:cool: Hey yow thats a great combo.. I needs one of those corn on the cob too with my Bigg LIT..

Maybe we could eat and drink on the http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/thferriswheel.gif or would you rather stay on terra firma http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/thbar.gif

Karen
07-24-2008, 04:38 PM
It's been raining here for days, a nice sunshine-colored ear of corn would be good! :) And a large. large iced tea, please! :)

RICHARD
07-24-2008, 08:24 PM
It's been raining here for days, a nice sunshine-colored ear of corn would be good! :) And a large. large iced tea, please! :)

OH, Man!

Do you want your corn "Mexican Style?" Slathered with mayo, paremesan cheese and some lemon/chile powder-on a stick of course....It sounds funky, but it is dee- lish- shush!

ONe corn and and Ice Tea!

DONE!

Grace,
It depends on the person and their inner ear!
One LIIT and ear o'corn?

Done?:eek:

LP,
One refill and corn!
DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Our county fair is going on this week. You all can come on down and have some cotton candy and a ride of the tilt-a-whirl!!! :D

You can even visit the animals in the 4 H building!!! :D

lvpets2002
07-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Our county fair is going on this week. You all can come on down and have some cotton candy and a ride of the tilt-a-whirl!!! :D

You can even visit the animals in the 4 H building!!! :D

:cool: Lets see Texas to Kansas would be up & over there right.. Ok be right there.. :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
*waves*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/thferriswheel.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2041381#post2041381)

Looking for some good vibes out here.

Mom's gone to the hospital because she's been sick for a while.
Really appreciate it!

Richard ~

The whole Thursday's Gang joins in wishing MOM a quick and speedy recovery
and return to the Homestead.

Get Well, "Mom"!!
:)

Karen
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
OH, Man!

Do you want your corn "Mexican Style?" Slathered with mayo, paremesan cheese and some lemon/chile powder-on a stick of course....It sounds funky, but it is dee- lish- shush!

Hmm, I've never had it that way. Usually just fresh from the boiling water, with a little bit of butter and salt.

I'll have one ear that way, then I'll try a "Mexican-style" - because at Thursday's, all food is hypoallergenic and I can be adventurous!

RedHedd
07-25-2008, 06:07 PM
The Gilroy Garlic Festival is this weekend! Can you smell it? YUMM! I'll try a scoop of garlic ice cream - let's live dangerously! :D :cool:

RICHARD
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Let me serve up some fair fare and get this trip rolling again.

Done!

jennielynn1970
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I could go for some Raspberry Chili Pepper ice cream! We have Chili Pepper Festival up here, but it's not till September. It's sooooo good, and I'm hungry for it!!! It's a nice raspberry, with a touch of heat after you swallow. YUMMMM!

lvpets2002
07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I could go for some Raspberry Chili Pepper ice cream! We have Chili Pepper Festival up here, but it's not till September. It's sooooo good, and I'm hungry for it!!! It's a nice raspberry, with a touch of heat after you swallow. YUMMMM!

;) Now that would be something interesting to try.. I will have to keep my eyes open for some in Texas..

cassiesmom
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Does this fair have any iced tea? Not the Long Island variety, just cold and wet. It's hot in Chicago today, 89 F. Here, I will start some.