PDA

View Full Version : Rascal Whatcha Doin???

gini
09-04-2002, 01:07 AM
Early this morning, a little after midnight, I woke up abruptly. I could have sworn that Rascal jumped off the computer desk making the drawer handles rattle..then jumped on the bed and made it shake and race into the living room.

I wasn't fully awake but I went into the living room and he was giving me the same look that I was giving him. I soon realized that he couldn't have made all of those noises at the SAME time.

We had had an earthquake - a 4.8!

Ah, California, never a dull moment.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-04-2002, 01:10 AM
OMG! How scary... seems like you slept throught the scary part though..... poor Rascal... I be he was confused! ;) Wonder what he was thinking?!?!?

lynnestankard
09-04-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
OMG! How scary... seems like you slept throught the scary part though..... poor Rascal... I be he was confused! ;) Wonder what he was thinking?!?!?

Bet the poor furbaby thought 'Right Mom - good trick - how did you do that'!! :D :D

Oh Gini how scary - I know us European WIMPS can have no idea what it feels like - I know I'd be terrified.

Lynne

Logan
09-04-2002, 07:22 AM
Oh, Gini, that is scary! And poor Rascal probably knew something was amiss! I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Don't you want to move out here? We live on a huge fault line, of course, but we haven't had an earthquake since the early 1900's.......and NO, I don't remember it! LOL!!!! :o

Randi
09-04-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Bet the poor furbaby thought 'Right Mom - good trick - how did you do that'!! :D :D
Or.... mum, I promise never to be naughty again, if you'll just stop doing that! Must have been rather scary for you all! Me, living in Denmark, can't even imagine what an earthquake is like! :eek:

Glad you're safe! :)

Ann
09-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Yikes, how scary!!! :eek:

I'm so glad we don't have those in Sweden, that'd be soooo freaky!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-04-2002, 08:30 AM
How Scary! Hope you and your family are OK.

Edwina's Secretary
09-04-2002, 09:13 AM
I'm curious...they say animals "feel" these things. Did Rascal act any different that you noticed before the earthquake? (Of course you were probably slleping but I'll ask anyway!)

zippy-kat
09-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I'm curious...they say animals "feel" these things. Did Rascal act any different that you noticed before the earthquake? (Of course you were probably slleping but I'll ask anyway!)

That was exactly what I was going to ask!

{{Hugs to you and Mr. Rascal, Gini!!}}

gini
09-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Monday was very hot here and muggy. People love to call this type of weather "earthquake" weather. But the faults are so far beneath the surface that this is just a myth. The weather has no impact on whether an earthquake will occur.

No, Rascal acted normal all day - slept in the heat - but he sure gave me a look "after" the earthquake" and it was more like "Mom whatcha doin?"

Actually as earthquakes go, this was just a little bitty one and many people didn't even feel it.

I have been through two major earthquakes in Southern Ca. and believe me, you don't forget them too soon.

lovemymaltese
09-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Goodness! I have been in earthquakes before, they are far from being fun.