PDA

View Full Version : I made a very hard decision

davidpizzica
07-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Today I surrendered Daisy back to Cat Sense. I thought it the most fair decision for all concerned. I had too much going on with my medical issues plus being worried about Nikki being lost. It was a little too much for me physically and emotionally. Daisy is going to a fantastic home to be fostered and hopefully adopted. I still have Marigold and I think she'll do better in a one cat home.

Medusa
07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
David, I've said many times "People first". As you've acknowledged, this is a very difficult decision for you but you have to consider your health, your circumstances and your other cat/s. All will work out well in the end for all concerned. Keep the fayth. :)

Cinder & Smoke
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
:(

David ~
So Sorry you're not able to keep Daisy,
but it sounds like she'll be in another pair of 'good hands'.

And don't give up on the Missing FurChild ... we're all still Purraying for a safe return.

davidpizzica
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
:(

David ~
So Sorry you're not able to keep Daisy,
but it sounds like she'll be in another pair of 'good hands'.

And don't give up on the Missing FurChild ... we're all still Purraying for a safe return.

Phed, until she's adopted Daisy will be spending her fostering life being spoiled in Murrysville by a couple who raised Daisy's mom.

Catty1
07-22-2008, 09:01 PM
David, it's wonderful that Daisy is in a great foster home, and I hope you can get updates on her.

Have you left notes with your neighbours to check their sheds or garages?

I remember years ago when a cat of mine went missing for a few days...it was a total stress tunnel, and my mind never could take a break from the situation.

It turned out poor Tosca had been locked in a house that people used as a cottage on the weekends! I found him by trying to "tune" in to where Tosca was. I lived across from a large field, so that wasn't easy.

Try standing outside this evening, and imagine some "Nikki radar" in your mind. Turn slowly, facing different directions, see what happens. If you get a "feeling", follow that and see what happens.

She is nearby - just spooked.

{{{{hugs}}}} And prayers for the will to make the changes in your lifestyle that the docs talk about...just one thing at a time. You'll start feeling better as you do.

moosmom
07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I got your PM this morning. Baby steps, dude. Marigold will come down on her own time in her own terms. It might be sooner than you think.

Like I told you on the phone, Daisy is in a good place and you'll be able to keep tabs on her, maybe even visit her. You did the right thing, sweetheart. Your health and well being comes first.

I'll call you later.:love:

Pssst...remember, in the very back of your freezer. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Totally support your decision - you are a top pet owner

davidpizzica
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I got your PM this morning. Baby steps, dude. Marigold will come down on her own time in her own terms. It might be sooner than you think.

Like I told you on the phone, Daisy is in a good place and you'll be able to keep tabs on her, maybe even visit her. You did the right thing, sweetheart. Your health and well being comes first.

I'll call you later.:love:

Pssst...remember, in the very back of your freezer. ;)

Donna, is that where the term "cold hard cash" comes from?

Kirsten
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm very sorry you had to make this decision, but I totally understand.

It's great that Daisy's got a great foster home, that makes it a bit easier. Hope Nikki will return!

Kirsten