PDA

View Full Version : Please welcome miss Charlie!

CathyBogart
07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
The little darling came home around 10pm last night, the man who found her wanted to come to my sister's place and say good-bye before I picked her up so I waited....impatiently. ^_^

Well, we've found problem number one, which I think will resolve itself with time and patience. She HATES Jasper! When she saw him last night, she whipped around in my arms and got four claws snagged in my face! 0_0 Ow. BUT....even as of this morning, I had them both laying down within a foot of each other and as long as Jasper didn't sniff her too closely she was fine, so I think they'll be OK eventually.

She slept on the bed last night, alternating between my pillow and Daniel's. She's got quite a purr when she's happy too!

Her and Sherpa are doing well, and I think that once she's settled they'll be good friends. I was comfortable enough to leave them unattended together for a bit while I wrote this up. She's much mellower than Paizly, which I think is disappointing to Jasper but a bit of a relief to Sherpa, who couldn't quite keep up with Paizly's playful streak.

Not that Charlie isn't playful, she's just a bit more subdued about it than Paizly, hehehe.

BUT...I know everyone is waiting for the pictures, so here are a few from this morning. She's a gorgeous marble tabby, and I've never EVER felt such a soft coat on a kitty.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures153.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures149.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures143.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures144.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures148.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/Camerapictures152.jpg

I'm thrilled that she's a cuddly kitty, since neither Sherpa nor Jasper really likes to cuddle. I hope she stays snuggly as she grows up!

jennielynn1970
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
What a doll!! How could you not fall in love with that face!!

Give her some snuggles for me, and some to Sherpa too! Hope he will adore having a buddy! Hope she gets to love Jasper too. Pets to that sweet pup!

PS... Hope your face heals up and feels better! YEOUCH!!

elizabethann
07-22-2008, 12:24 PM
She's beautiful. Maybe it will take some time for her to warm up to the others. But I bet they'll be best friends some day.

Taz_Zoee
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Awwww, she is so darn cute!! How old do you think she is?
It's great that Sherpa is accepting her so quickly. Jasper is such a patient pup I'm sure she'll learn he is not the enemy. :)
Yeah, Paizly is a bit of a spaz, I'll admit. I'm glad Charlie is a bit calmer so Sherpa is not stressed.
I believe I will have to get in touch with you the next time we go to SJ and maybe stop by for a visit. :p

Welcome home, Charlie!!! :D

lvpets2002
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
:love: Welcome Miss Charlie to PT.. Your just a wittle Cutie Pie.. Stay Cuddly..

mamaducky
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh, my goodness!

What an absolute sweetheart -- she is GORGEOUS! I can even tell by looking at her how amazingly soft her fur must be; I just wish I could reach into the monitor and pet her!

Congratulations to both you and Charlie -- I think she's found herself a wonderful new family!

Hugs,
Diana

CathyBogart
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Awwww, she is so darn cute!! How old do you think she is?

I think she's about 12-13 weeks old. :)

Yeah, Paizly is a bit of a spaz, I'll admit. I'm glad Charlie is a bit calmer so Sherpa is not stressed.

Hey, we can't all have TORTIETUDE, right? :D

And you are welcome to come by anytime, of course! :D

cassiesmom
07-22-2008, 02:33 PM
What a doll!! How could you not fall in love with that face!!

Give her some snuggles for me, and some to Sherpa too! Hope he will adore having a buddy! Hope she gets to love Jasper too. Pets to that sweet pup!

Please give her, Sherpa and Jasper some snuggles for me, too! She is beautiful!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Awwwwwwwww what a cutie!!! WELCOME into your new forever home, dear Charlie!!

Medusa
07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
That's quite a face on that fuzz nugget there. She looks like a little dickens!

catmandu
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
THEY MAY HAVE SOME TROUBLE ADJUSTING TO A KITTENS ENERGY , BUT I THINK THAT SOON THEY WILL BE AS CLOSE AS SAM AND PRECIOUS ARE AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SAMPREC.jpg
A REGULAR CAT DAMON AND PYTHIAS.

Catty1
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Charlie is certainly a beautiful little tabby girl and her fur looks incredibly soft! :love:

I don't remember seeing a pic of Sherpa - and what stunning brown tabby markings he has! I am glad they are getting off to a good start.

"same size as manic crazy kitten...smells different...hmmm....must pintifi - pontiphi - think about this for a while."

Looks like they will be buds! :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Congrats!!!:D She's adorable and I'm glad that she's getting along well with Sherpa. They sure look cute together.:) I'm sure that in time she'l also like Jasper.:)

CathyBogart
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
*Happy sigh* Last night she slept curled up on my shoulder blades. :) Cuddly kitty indeed!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello beautiful

Bengalz
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Little Miss Charlie you are too too cute :D I just love all your baby fuzz. Have fun exploring baby girl and enjoy your new home:)

Karen
07-23-2008, 01:13 PM
She is absolutely beautiful! Welcome, Miss Charlie! Aww, give her a good snuggle just for me, okay? And a kiss to Jasper for being such a good boy.

rg_girlca
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
OH ouchie on the claws in the face. I pray she didn't get you too bad.

Welcome to PT Miss Charlie. You are one beautiful little girl, that's for sure.
I don't know if it's just the way the pictures have come out, but she looks like a silver tabby. Absolutely gorgeous and love her markings.
I'm glad that she is getting along with Sherpa and I bet in no time, she will be snuggling with Jasper.

Don't you just love it when they cuddle with you at night. I fall asleep to their purrs.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of you sweetie and to watching you grow up into a very pretty young lady that I know you will be.:)

CathyBogart
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
My face is fine. Only one of the claw marks is still not healed. It HURT where she snagged my lip though! :eek: That was a new experience for me, LoL.

Last night, Charlie hopped up on the easy chair next to Sherpa, and he started grooming her! :love: She started to cry after a few minutes and jumped down, but I think she's just had it with my incessant brushing of her (She was COVERED in fleas when she came home, now I spend a while each day combing the remaining flea dirt off.) It was really adorable while it lasted though!

She's curious about Jasper now, and she'll even get pretty close as long as he remains calm. (Hard for him to do sometimes) Fortunately, Jasper's response anytime she growls is to DROP from standing into a 'down', which is pretty funny and it seems to help allay Charlie's fear some.

We're off in a few minutes for round one of kitten shots. :D After round two, we're going to make the appointment for her spay.