PDA

View Full Version : no news yet

davidpizzica
07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Nikki hasn't come home to me yet. It's getting tougher for me to deal with. I'm continuing to set the trap daily and hoping, but each day she's out there, there's a little less hope. OH GOD, I miss her!

Hellow
07-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I feel soo sorry for you, and I understand what you are going though. Back a few years ago, we had a cat that ran away. We searched weeks until finally she came back into our yard, luckily she was fine. Sending lots of prayers your way.,

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm sorry David. I'm keeping Nikki in my prayers, please don't give up hope yet.

Medusa
07-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm sorry, David. I wish there was something I could do to help. When my Boo ran out of the house once, he was gone for not even a full day but it was the dead of winter and I was scared out of my mind. I feel for you, bud. We'll keep the prayers going here.....

davidpizzica
07-22-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm sorry, David. I wish there was something I could do to help. When my Boo ran out of the house once, he was gone for not even a full day but it was the dead of winter and I was scared out of my mind. I feel for you, bud. We'll keep the prayers going here.....

Thanks Mary. You just did by just giving me support and words of encouragement. Thanks to everyone for all of your kind words and support.

jennielynn1970
07-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Hoping and keeping good thoughts about your sweet little tuxie girl! Come home now Nikki!!!

Catty1
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
HUGS, David. Did your Cat Sense friends check with shelters and the vets for you?

PT Prayers for Nikki. Come home, sweetheart.

Is it worth contacting Brody's mom for a reading? She helped Lut amazingly with Zazou. Her thread is in Marketplace, or PM her.

{{{{hugs}}}}

davidpizzica
07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
HUGS, David. Did your Cat Sense friends check with shelters and the vets for you?

PT Prayers for Nikki. Come home, sweetheart.

Is it worth contacting Brody's mom for a reading? She helped Lut amazingly with Zazou. Her thread is in Marketplace, or PM her.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Yes they are, Catty1. Also I've PMed Brody's mum for a reading and as soon as I find a suitable pic of Nikki, I'll e-mail
it to her.

Karen
07-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Still in our prayers!

RockyRoad
07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I know how you feel - when I was five our escape artist Snowball managed to get out. She had done this a few times before within an hour or two, and try as we may she always managed to either slip under our feet as we left the house or make a hole in the porch screens. But she had always returned before, so it was unusual when she did not come home for a week. Luckily, one of the neighbors recognized her and returned her home to us. You and Nikki will be in my thoughts! Prayers and best wishes to you that Nikki returns home soon.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Did a quick reading on the signature picture for you.

Don't give up hope - its only been a few days and I am pretty sure that she is very close by. Something may have spooked her (possibly another cat) but if you keep calling for her and looking for her she will gain the confidence to come out of hiding

Trinityagain
07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Come on Nikki, please come home!

Karen
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Softly and tenderly David is calling
Calling some loud, and some low
Calling you, Nicki, he loves you dear kitty
Calling dear Nicki, come home!

Come home, come home
You must be weary, come ho-o-ome
Softly and tenderly David is calling
Calling, dear Nicki, come home!

There on the front step he's calling you sweetheart
Calling with his voice and his heart
Surely you hear Daisy meowing in chorus
Meowing, dear Nicki, come home

Come home, come home
Hungry and weary, come ho-o-ome
Softly and tenderly angels are calling
Calling, dear Nicki, go home!

(Apologies to Will L. Thompson, but sung to his tune from Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling)

gini
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
David, years and years ago, my very first cat, Sugar disappeared - just vanished. I was heartsick and could not imagine how he had gotten out of my apartment. My apartment was small - a one bedroom.

Two weeks later after searching, putting up flyers, etc. etc. Sugar just simply "appeared" in my apartment. I later figured out where he had gone.

I had an old fashioned stereo cabinet - the turntable was on one side and there was a well on the other for records. I investigated and underneath the cabinet - there was a shelf that he could crawl onto. That is where he had been the whole time.

There were a lot of cats in my area and something had frightened him and that is where he went for safety.

Don't ever give up hope..........Nikki is close by.

Daisy and Delilah
07-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Please don't give up, David!! I know how upsetting this is. PT prayers are coming your way by the droves. Come Home Nikki!!!!!

Emeraldgreen
07-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi David, just wanted to say, don't give up hope. Most of the time, a missing cat is very near to where they were last spotted. 9 times out of 10, cats that I know of that have been found were found within 100 yards of where they went missing. Of course, this isn't always the case but it is very common.
For this reason, it is so important to speak with everyone on your street in person. Ask them to check their outbuildings and their basements. It is very likely that she sought out shelter in one of these places and they later became closed by an unsuspecting homeowner, having no idea that a cat could be inside.
If some of the people that you go to speak with on your street are not home, you can simply post a flyer on their door with a note asking them to check their outbuildings and sheds.
Don't forget to contact all the vets so they can keep an eye out for her in case she becomes injured and someone brings her in to them. Same with the shelters.
Placing an ad in your local paper will help too.
Don't forget to look up in the trees in case she can't get down. Same with rooftops.
Praying for her safe return. :)

kuhio98
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
If you haven't already, go to the shelters in your area and fill out a lost pet form. Take a photo with you. Look through their found pet forms to see if anyone has turned her in. Then, look in every cage at the shelter -- including the infirmary. Look in the dog area too. Just to be on the safe side. And sadly, look in the DOA file. Tear the place apart. Introduce yourself to every person who works/volunteers there. Check back with them every day. Don't worry about making a nuisance of yourself.

Sadly, we learned our lesson too late to save Kuhio. Cats are only held 3 days at our local shelter. :(

carole
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I am continuing to send positive vibes over there David for your sweet nikki to return, i am sure she won't be long before she returns home, fingers and all paws crossed for her safe return, thinking of you, HUGS.:love::love::love:

M&M's Mommy
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm keeping you both in my prayers.. and won't let you go until Nikki comes home..

{{{{hugs}}}}

Alysser
07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
So sorry I didn't see this before. I hope your sweet Nikki girl comes home soon! I've dealt with lost animals before, you cannot give up hope!