PDA

View Full Version : Spider Veins

Catty1
07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Seems to me I heard of some cream or ointment that made these go away. It wouldn't surprise me, as these things are practically at the surface of the skin.

Anyone here know of anything?

Emeraldgreen
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't know of a cream but I'd LOVE to hear about one if you learn of it.
I do know that you can get little injections that push the trapped blood out of the vein and it becomes no longer visible. I had this done once. It stung a bit but it worked. I can't even remember what I paid for it! It was about 9 years ago. I have recently noticed some more that have developed and want to do something about it. Just a few but I hate them! lol

mruffruff
07-22-2008, 09:31 AM
I gave up trying to hide them. It gives me an excuse not to shave---can't tell what's hair and what's a broken vein.:rolleyes:

They tend to run in families. Mom had the worst case at a young age. Fortunately they were only the little ones that look bad but don't cause a health problem. Mine look like road maps, but the legs still work good.

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I unfortunately have both spider veins and varicose veins and I've never even had children. My mom had them so bad that she had to have some of hers surgically removed because her legs would get so swollen and hurt her so bad.:( I now hate wearing shorts in public because my legs make me look even older than I am. Luckily my legs don't swell or throb like my mom's did.

Here's a link about a cream for spider veins: http://www.skinenergizer.com/Spider-Veins-s/235.htm. I've never tried anything like this so I don't know how well it'll work. Good luck.:)

Catty1
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Hmmm...interesting link. I saw this on a couple of other Google searches. There wasn't much around - mostly laser and the injection method. Witch Hazel was mentioned.

Well, if I do try a product, I will try one area and take a pic (love that Macro setting!:D). Will have to put a sticky on the bathroom wall to remind myself!

I'll update if I find out anything interesting. It's great to have all this input.