PDA

View Full Version : "The Dark Knight"

CountryWolf07
07-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Who has seen it?

I saw it with Mike & his family.. and wow. I am not exactly sure what to say but it was a very good, intense movie!! Heath Ledger, bless him, I heard after he completed the movie, he could never get back to "normal".. . :(
I saw this movie poster at the theaters, and I told Mike and his sister that how creepy it looked!

http://hicsuntdracones.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/the-dark-knight_the-joker_why-so-serious.jpg

Jessika
07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I can't see how this role did NOT get into his head and play some sort of role with issues leading to his death. Now I'm not saying that it was the CAUSE, but after seeing how brilliantly he played The Joker, it's just... amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

The writers were just... amazing. The actors... amazing.

However, Rachel's character... meh... it was like, why was she even in the movie? The actress who played her was mediocre and the whole time I just kept comparing to to Katie Holmes; she looked so much older and compared to Katie it looked like Rachel put on many pounds between the last movie and this one, haha.

And it explained Harvy's background the best yet!!

I just... words cannot possibly explain how GOOD this movie was!!! Everyone, if you even remotely like Batman, you MUST see this movie!!!!!

So many plot twists and turns, you never knew what to expect, you never knew what was going to happen, and just... ahhhh everything about the entire movie was BRILLIANT!!!

binka_nugget
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I LOVED The Dark Knight! It was just amazing! The cast was AWESOME (well, could have done without Maggie Gyllenhaal..) Heath Ledger played the role perfectly! Definitely Oscar-worthy. I especially loved the pencil joke in the beginning... hee hee! :p

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I admit, I didn't want to see it. It just looked too evil and I was so saddned by Heath Ledger's loss that I didn't want to see it. I wasn't going to see it except that my husband coudlnt find anyone to see it with. Everyone he asked had either seen it already or had tickets to a sold out showing. I told my husband that I'll see it with him and I was just blown away.

I've never been a Batman fan, but this movie was one of the best movies I've seen. The only complaint I have is that it should NOT be rated PG-13. It should have been an R rated movie because it's so dark and evil.

If you've not seen it, you really should go. It was outstanding. Heath did the most amazing job, I haven't seen acting that outstanding in a long, long time.

R.I.P., Heath Ledger :(

Jessika
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I especially loved the pencil joke in the beginning... hee hee! :p

The disappearing pencil trick!!! Probably my favorite part! Haha.

CountryWolf07
07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
The disappearing pencil trick!!! Probably my favorite part! Haha.

Are you serious? That part scared the *I#($# out of me, haha.. I'm a wuss.

Scooter's Mom
07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
I saw it Friday... my team at work had our teambuilder and left work early to go see it.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, I really don't personally see what all the hype is over Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Yeah, he got into the role. Yeah, it was good. Over the top in places. I know I am in the minority though. I think if this were part of the cause of HL's death, it would be a shame.

I think the entire movie was good, albeit dark. Very dark.

My husband has not seen it yet. I will probably go with him to see it this coming weekend. Overall I really enjoyed it.

finn's mom
07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I thought the movie was brilliant. I liked that they had someone different playing Rachel. I am not a fan of Katie Holmes at all, although she did a decent job in Batman Begins. But I love Maggie. I thought it was great that they didn't try to get an actress to imitate Katie, or the Rachel Dawes that she portrayed.

I think all of the cast did a stellar job, and I loved how they didn't make the movie just about one particular character...Batman, the Joker, Harvey Dent... they all had close to equal amounts of screen time.

Very dark movie, but extremely well done. I thought the direction was awesome. I liked how they directed it to show Batman's views from the top of the city, and the Joker's views from the bottom...same with all the corporate big wigs in the tops of skyscrapers. Very cool that it was so layered, and not just a movie about a superhero.

Christian Bale is a great Batman and Heath Ledger did a phenomenal job as the Joker, he was hardly recognizable. And, not just because of the makeup. He really took crazy to another level.

Loved it. :)

Alysser
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I want to see it SO badly! My Brother and Sister went to see the first mid-night showing at our local theater but my mom was being a poop head and wouldn't let me go since I had work the next day. :p:( I WILL see it, I just don't know when, hopefully very soon. My sister wants to go again. =D The Joker is my favorite character and he always has been, in the Cartoons and movies. I was always a fan of Batman but I just kind of got bored of it after I turned 11-12 years old. I watched the cartoons non-stop.

I work at Six flags and they built a "Dark Knight Coaster" this year, they took down The Chiller which also happened to be batman themed. The movie may have been good but apparently this ride was a waste of 1.5 billion (or million can't remember) dollars. I haven't been on it yet but I've seen the trailer for it and it looks really stupid. All my friends, my brother, sister, etc said it sucked, and it's not worth waiting 1-2 hours on line for so I'll just wait till it simmers down. Can't wait to get my Joker shirt tommorow after work! ;)

RockyRoad
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I saw it last night, and I wish I could have seen it in better circumstances. I was not feeling so good and had a migraine headache, and when we got there the theater was packed so we were forced to sit in the front row. Not good for my head, to be so close and have loud noises everywhere.

I had no idea it was even about Batman. :o I was surprised when Batman was mentioned. I was like "what?!" I never saw anything Batman-related, so maybe I didn`t understand it all too well, but I thought that the movie was brilliantly done. The Joker was fantastic, HL really played the part terrifically. :D I liked the twists and turns, especially bc I was completely clueless who anyone was (even The Joker!) since I never gave two cents about Batman. I just wish I hadn`t been so sick so I could have enjoyed it more!

AllAmericanPUP
07-22-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw it Twice lol and it is absolutey amazing!!

K9soul
07-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I just saw this today with my parents, I had seen the thread but didn't want to open it before I watched it. We were blown away by it too. The intensity of it is incredible. I really want to see it again, as others have said there are so many layers to it and I'm sure I could catch things I didn't catch the first time.

My parents also recognized that some parts of it were filmed in Chicago.

AllAmericanPUP
07-27-2008, 07:21 PM
went to see it a third time last night LOL but the film ripped about 20 minutes in...that sucked but ah well i'll get it when it comes out on DVD haha

Alysser
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
AWESOME movie!!! Amazing effects, amazing hero, and an amazing villian. Everything about it was amazing. I LOVED it is all I can say! I love the pencil part but the part where he sits down in the chair next to Harvey Dents bed and says "Hiiii". LOL, I couldn't stop laughing. The only part that scared me was the dead batman part because I wasn't expecting it.

K9soul
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
The only part that scared me was the dead batman part because I wasn't expecting it.

My mom and I both about jumped out of our skin on that part. The pencil part struck me a bid odd just because I would expect a flimsy wooden pencil to break unless there is some law of physics I don't understand. It did startle me though. Certainly never knew what to expect next while watching this film.

finn's mom
07-30-2008, 12:01 AM
One of my favorite scenes is Nurse Joker walking away from the hospital, and he has that crazy hitch in his walk. That part is awesome, because it's such a serious situation, but he looks so ridiculous in his full make up and sexy little nurse outfit. ;)