PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers needed!

davidpizzica
07-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Over the last two days I haven't seen Nikki at all. I'm scared that she might have snuck outside and gotten lost. I hope she's too scared to leave the house. I talked to moosmom and she said to shake her box of dry food and maybe Nikki will get the idea. I'm nervous and scared for her!!

catmandu
07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
David, The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squads On Thier Way, And Will Try And Get Nikki To Let You Know Where She Is.
I Would Help By Leaving Small Dishes Of Something Smelly Out To Tempt Her .
We Are Praying That You Will Find Her Soon!
The Worst Part Is The Not Knowing.

kb2yjx
07-20-2008, 05:12 PM
David, any news??? All the Clan are keeping their paws folded in pray for your sweet girl!!!
COME HOME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidpizzica
07-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks, everyone for the encouragement. I went around the house shaking a box of her favorite dry food, hoping she'd hear it, but no results yet. I also checked the duct work in the cellar and looked through the rafters for a sign. You're right Catmandu, not knowing IS the worst part!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Prayers on the way from me. Did you get a flashlight and check the closets, under the beds, behind the washer and dryer and stuff where she could hide. I even check the inside of the dryer when mine are mia. They can get in cupboards and places you would not imagine.
(((HUGS))) and crossed fingers and paws here.

Karen
07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I'd be sure to look in the basement and any other dark places that might be a cool spot in this humid, hot weather!

Nikki, you come out now, Daddy is worried!

Freedom
07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Most of the time when mine are MIA, they are in the back of a closet. Often it's the linen closet, which I open on rare occasions, and I tend not to even think of looking in there.

carole
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh dear you must be very worried, any new's to report yet David, i hope with all my heart you find your dear Nikki and soon, lots of positive vibes are coming your way, please come out where ever you are little Nikki, daddy is worried sick, hugs and please let us know if you find her.:love::love:

momcat
07-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that Nikki is whereabouts unknown :(
Have you walked around both inside and out calling her? Does she have a favorite out of the way hidey spot? Many prayers are being prayed for Nikki's swift and safe return, many [[[[[HUGS]]]]] being sent for you!

Please keep us updated?

Emeraldgreen
07-20-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Nikki! I have sent you a PM (in two parts because it was too long to send in one) that is full of suggestions to help you find your girl. Prayers that she will get home safely and soon! :)

AbbyMom
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
David

Here is a great resource for locating lost cats:

http://www.catsinthebag.org/

Maybe they are the same suggetions as what Emeraldgreen sent you--but just in case.

Did you have thunderstorms recently? That might make her hide.

Prayers for her safe return.

Catty1
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
David - in case she did sneak outside, can your vet or SPCA lend you a live trap? Put some nice stinky tuna in it, and hopefully Nikki will get in!

If you have a porch or some space underneath your house, put it there. She would be hiding under there, I would guess.

You can also try going out after dark, calling her very gently, and maybe gently shaking the box of food.

Also - do your neighbours have any garages or sheds where she might have hid? Maybe they went away for the weekend...leave a note on their door.

Dearest Nikki - please come home. Your dad is worried!:(:love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope you'll be able to find her soon. Lots of prayers and positive thougths are being sent Nikki's way.

gini
07-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh, nothing is more upsetting than a missing kitty.............David, I hope Nikki shows up soon.

kimlovescats
07-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Nikki, this hide and seek game is no longer fun! PLEASE COME OUT for your worried Dad!:(

phesina
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
More prayers for Nikki and her loving Dad both..

momcat
07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Is there any good news about Nikki? My prayers continue for her swift and safe return.

Hey there, Nikki, it's time to come home now. Don't worry, sweetie, you're not in any trouble with Pawpie. He misses you very, very much!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Are you 100% sure Nikki is outside? Open every cupboard/drawer/box that you have in the house just to make sure

davidpizzica
07-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Are you 100% sure Nikki is outside? Open every cupboard/drawer/box that you have in the house just to make sure

I've gone through every cubbyhole, any crevice she could hide in, all the rafters in the basement anywhere Nikki could hide in at least three times and yesterday two friends from Cat Sense (my cat rescue group) who are pros at finding cats came to the house and we couldn't find her anywhere. So I'm afraid she is outside. They left a humane trap to entice her to come home.

GILL
07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
The CREW is sending their prayers for a safe return.
Now NIKKI please get home, everyone is worried.

Emeraldgreen
07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi David, just wanted to say, don't give up hope. Most of the time, a missing cat is very near to where they were last spotted. 9 times out of 10, cats that I know of that have been found were found within 100 yards of where they went missing. Of course, this isn't always the case but it is very common.
For this reason, it is so important to speak with everyone on your street in person. Ask them to check their outbuildings and their basements. It is very likely that she sought out shelter in one of these places and they later became closed by an unsuspecting homeowner, having no idea that a cat could be inside.
If some of the people that you go to speak with on your street are not home, you can simply post a flyer on their door with a note asking them to check their outbuildings and sheds.
Don't forget to contact all the vets so they can keep an eye out for her in case she becomes injured and someone brings her in to them. Same with the shelters.
Placing an ad in your local paper will help too.
Don't forget to look up in the trees in case she can't get down. Same with rooftops.
Prayers going out for her safe return.:)

kuhio98
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
If you haven't already, go to the shelters in your area and fill out a lost pet form. Take a photo with you. Look through their found pet forms to see if anyone has turned her in. Then, look in every cage at the shelter -- including the infirmary. Look in the dog area too. Just to be on the safe side. And sadly, look in the DOA file. Tear the place apart. Introduce yourself to every person who works/volunteers there. Check back with them every day. Don't worry about making a nuisance of yourself.

Sadly, we learned our lesson too late to save Kuhio. Cats are only held 3 days at our local shelter. :(

rg_girlca
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh David, I am so sorry to hear that your precious Nikki has gone missing, but please do not give up hope of finding her or of her coming back home. It's been what now, 3-4 days. We had a cat that went missing and after weeks I had given up hope because they had our laneway dug up to put in new piping. They were big cement like tunnels and we figured that he had gotten himself lost in them. BUT, after 48 days of being gone, my hubby heard this meow outback and sure enough, our Mittens was back home. Very skinny, full of fleas, but finally back home.
So please keep the faith.

Have you put one of your shirts outside for her to get a scent of it? One that you have just worn and not washed yet. Put flyers up or gone around the neighbourhood with a picture to show everyone? Talked with the neighbourhood kids to be on the lookout for her?
If I have repeated what already has been mentioned, I'm sorry, but I didn't read all the posts or threads made in regards to this.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way, that Nikki will be back with you very soon, safe and sound.

susanswatlin518
07-25-2008, 01:52 PM
HI DAVID-I REALLY FEEL SAD ABOUT NIKKI BEING LOST RIGHT NOW! IS SHE REGISTERED IN A PET ID SYSTEM? I HOPE YOU FIND HER SAFE A.S.A.P. IN THE 1980'S I HAD A WHITE AND A FEMALE BLACK ANGORA.(I THINK THEY WERE BOTH ANGORAS) ANYWAY ONE DAY I HAD NO IDEAWHAT HAPPENED TO THE WHITE MALE-CUDDLES. AT THE TIME HE WAS ALREADY SPAYED/NEUTERED WHILE AMY THE FEMALE WAS GOING IN AND OUT OF HEAT. IT TURNED OUT THAT CUDDLES HAD SOMEHOW GONE BELOW THE SINK IN THE APARTMENT AND ACTUALLY WET AND HID UNDERNEATH THE FLOORING SO LOOKING UNDER THE SINK YOU HAD NO WAT OF KNOWING HE WAS UNDER THERE! HE HAD GONE UNDER -WE CONCLUDED TO GET AWAY FROM AMY'S ADVANCES. OUR VET SENT US HOME WITH SOMETHING MILD IN PILL FORM FOR CUDDLES TEMPORARILY.I WAS JUST SO HAPPY TO SEE CUDDLES-IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS AND THEY WERE INDOOR PETS! GOD DAVID-I HOPE YOU SEE NIKKI SOON!...:):):love::love:SUSAMSWATLIN518-SCHENECTADY NY

momcat
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Many prayers continue to be prayed for Nikki to come home soon.....

davidpizzica
07-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I set the trap again last night and this morning I have another unwanted guest! This time though he/she is a big black & white kitty with big green eyes, and is mad enough to chew through the bars of the trap! I'll call my friend Carol to help me release the poor guy or girl. I also left my name and number with two vets in the area and they'll call me if someone brings Nikki in.

jennielynn1970
07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh David, I'm so sorry to hear that Nikki hasn't been found yet. I've been keeping up with the thread and have been hoping she'd be found by now.

Does the big fluff ball you trapped have any tags?? Can you take it to the vet to see if it is microchipped?? Maybe someone is missing him/her the way you are missing Nikki. :(

davidpizzica
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh David, I'm so sorry to hear that Nikki hasn't been found yet. I've been keeping up with the thread and have been hoping she'd be found by now.

Does the big fluff ball you trapped have any tags?? Can you take it to the vet to see if it is microchipped?? Maybe someone is missing him/her the way you are missing Nikki. :(

Jenn, he had no collar or tags, but I think he was from around here because it looked like he had'nt missed too many meals. I'm sure there was a family missing him as much as I miss Nikki. I left word at two vet's offices to be on the lookout for a kitty matching Nikki's description.

moosmom
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
David,

PLEASE take Kuhio's advice. Go to the pound, picture of Nikki in hand and any and all shelters in your area. Search through all sections. I'd hate to have you go through what Kuhio's parents did. It was so unnecessary. Also, ask Cat Sense if they'll take Marigold to be microchipped. Once Nikki comes back, have her microchipped as well.

lizbud
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Any news on Nikki yet? Hoping & praying she is in a safe place.

lizbud
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Any word yet on Nikki? Prayers still going out that she is found safe & sound.

Daisy and Delilah
08-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I've been wondering about Nikki myself, David. Have you heard anything new? I still keep the faith that she's safe and on her way back home. This has to be hard for you now that you're on the mend and recovering.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Catty1
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
David- you might try going back through newspapers from the time Nikki went missing (do this online) and look at the FOUND notices. Maybe someone found her?:)