PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers needed for Davidp's cat Nikki...

moosmom
07-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I just got off the phone from Davidp and he is beside himself. He can't find his cat Nikki anywhere. I told him to go around the perimeter of the house shaking the bag of food and calling her name. Do NOT give up!! Cats do not stray far from their food source. I also told him to check the rafters of his house in the basement. He called Catsense and told them. If Nikki can't be found, they may have to set a trap. A cat that has never been out before will be overwhelmed by it all. You'd be surprized all the hidey holes cats find.

Anyone else care to add any advice???

Hang in there sweetheart and KEEP LOOKING!!!! She could've gotten spooked by the thunder and is hovering under some bush. DON'T give up!!!!

Prayers for Nikki's safe return coming from CT.

((((((HUGS)))))) to you honey

Donna

catmandu
07-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I Still Remember When Pouncierge Snuck Out And I Was So Worried For Two Days , Until Tubby 2 Went Under A Neighbors Porch And Guifed Her Home. And Once Moose Was Missing For Two Months!
Please Dont Give Up, And If You Have Good Neighbors , Ask Them If They Have Seen Her.
She May Be Closer Than You Think.:d

Killearn Kitties
07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
We have everything crossed here that Nikki comes home safely. Our Daisy has been a wanderer in the past, and I know how awful it feels when someone goes missing.

Come home, Nikki!

momcat
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
If Nikki has never been outside, I'm inclined to think he's not far away. Many prayers are going out to St. Francis, the patron saint of pets, to protect sweet Nikki and lead him safely home very soon.

G535
07-21-2008, 01:04 AM
This is every cat person's nightmare, especially when an inside only cat gets out. Usually they don't go far and find the nearest hiding place. Hope she's found soon.

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2008, 03:06 AM
OH NO! Nikki please come home!
Prayers on the way for Nikkis safe return

davidpizzica
07-21-2008, 05:41 AM
I've been looking for her all day sunday, no luck yet. I'm still not giving up, but it's getting rougher on me. I think Daisy knows something's wrong because she's around me a lot more than usual and she's snuggling more to me giving as much comfort as she can give me.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Any news?

Angel_14
07-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Nikkie come home!
Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

GILL
07-21-2008, 08:44 AM
The CREW is sending thier prayers for a safe and rapid return.

cassiesmom
07-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Nikki girl, please come home! (Davidp, could she be in the neighbor's garage like Zazou was?)

Randi
07-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh David, I know you must be beside yourself, but don't give up! Nikki may be close by, just hiding. She's bound to be hungry, so try putting some yummy food out for her - and water! Is it quiet in the area? Also, try to go late in the evening to look!

I hope she'll come home without injuries - sending my best wishes that she'll turn up soon! :)

Medusa
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Any word yet?

davidpizzica
07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh David, I know you must be beside yourself, but don't give up! Nikki may be close by, just hiding. She's bound to be hungry, so try putting some yummy food out for her - and water! Is it quiet in the area? Also, try to go late in the evening to look!

I hope she'll come home without injuries - sending my best wishes that she'll turn up soon! :)

Randi, today I had two ladies from my cat rescue group come to the house and we looked in every hiding spot she coud've gone into. Then we searched the yard and looked uner every shrub she could have been under. They now have a humane trap set up with sardines as bait. I'll bet she's really scared because this is the longest she's been outside being that she's strictly an indoor cat.

jennielynn1970
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Nikki, sweetie, please come home!! Everyone is worried sick!!

How long have you had her David? Has she always been a very skittish kitty?

Big hugs to you!

ChrisH
07-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Prayers & positive thoughts on the way for Nikki to come home soon.

lvpets2002
07-21-2008, 12:32 PM
:eek::love: Oh No Nikki come home wittle Sweetheart.. All Paws crossed here.. Nikki come home soon due to we are all worried sick about you.. Kitty yummys being served..

mamaducky
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh, David --

I am so sorry to read about your awful past few days. I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute to help you find darling Nikki, but am sending positive thoughts and prayers that she comes home soon safe and sound.

Hang in there; you're doing everything you can to find her, and as hard as it is to just wait and pray, sometimes that all there is left to do.

Big hugs,
Diana

kuhio98
07-21-2008, 01:33 PM
If you haven't already, go to the shelters in your area and fill out a lost pet form. Take a photo with you. Look through their found pet forms to see if anyone has turned her in. Then, look in every cage at the shelter -- including the infirmary. Look in the dog area too. Just to be on the safe side. And sadly, look in the DOA file. Tear the place apart. Introduce yourself to every person who works/volunteers there. Check back with them every day. Don't worry about making a nuisance of yourself.

Sadly, we learned our lesson too late to save Kuhio. Cats are only held 3 days at our local shelter. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh no, I know perfectly what you are going through now..... . Our Zazou desappeared twice for nearly a week...
Ask advize to Brody's Mum, she can do a reading! <i am sure she can locate your Nicki!!

Get home sweet Nikki! Your dad is so worried about you....:love:

phesina
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Prayers for Nikki.. please come home, dear, your dad misses you so much!