PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Dane! Update! Sadie's Coming Home!

leansnslobbers
07-19-2008, 10:48 PM
A friend is desperately looking for her senior dane, Sadie. Sadie and a black lab were stolen from a fenced and locked yard this weekend in Missouri.

Sadie is microchipped, spayed and a total love bug. A reward IS being offered.

ANYONE who searches Craigslist and other pet classifieds, please contact me if a fawn female dane is posted. Sadie is a light fawn dane with no mask and natural ears.

Sadie is a well loved senior gal with a set of twins that are desperately awaiting her safe return. Her owner is a mess, obviously and is doing everything possible to find her and bring her home.

Here is Sadie with one of her girls...

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/KSD75/LNS%20Temp/34c47fa1.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PM me if you think you know ANYTHING about Sadie's whereabouts. Also, please spread this information far and wide, rescue groups, shelters, websites, etc etc. My email addy is danegrrrl at hotmail.com if anyone finds anything...

:(

leansnslobbers
07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Bumping. Please help.

Karen
07-20-2008, 03:16 PM
How sad, I'll keep an eye out!

lute
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
How horrible! I really hope these two pups are found! Sadie looks so sweet!

jennielynn1970
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
How horrible for someone to do!

I did do some searches on Craigslist of that state and the surrounding states, but there was nothing about an available dane that I could find.

Will keep a look out.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh, no! How terrible! The Dane looks and sounds like a very sweet dog. I hope both of these doggies are found very very soon. Prayers and good thoughts on the way...:(:(

Emeraldgreen
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Try Googling the words 'Great Dane for sale Missouri' each day and see if something comes up. I'm praying for these two dogs and hope that they will be found soon and that no harm comes to them.
I'm sure they've done this but make sure they contact every shelter and vet clinic in the area so they can all keep an eye out.
Posting an ad in the newspaper will really help and if they can afford to place a display ad rather than one in the classifieds it will get more attention.

Contact the local news crew and get them to run a story about it. You'll get thousands of people to keep an eye out that way!

Jessika
07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Where at in Missouri? Has she contacted local humane societies and vet clinics?

I live in the St Louis area. Whereabout in Missouri does she live? I can surely tell everyone at school to keep an eye out. A classmate had her pit stolen from her work in East St Louis a month or so ago, and they put up posters offering a $5000 reward. Of course some thug stole him, the thug's mom turned their dog in... and refused to take any money!!! They donated the rest of the $5k to the lady's church. So there is still hope!

Do you have any better photos and/or description of the dog, such as any distinguishing marks, nicknames, any weird quirks or traits?

leansnslobbers
07-20-2008, 08:51 PM
SADIE HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!

A farmer found her, injured, today sleeping on his back deck and hour away from where she was stolen.

She's at the emergency vet right now getting stitched up, but her owners are on their way to see her and they wanted to thank everyone for their help, thoughts, and prayers.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

molucass
07-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry she is hurt, but I am so glad she is going to be reunited with her family.

lute
07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh I am so glad she has been found. I'm sorry she is injured, but at least she has been found. What about the lab?

Jessika
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes, what about the Lab? :(

But that's WONDERFUL news that she was found!! I hope she makes it home real quick!

Emeraldgreen
07-20-2008, 10:04 PM
That is great news! I hope that black Lab will be found soon too! Does the Lab belong to the family of the Great Dane? At least they have a good idea of where to look for the other dog now.

boomersooner
07-20-2008, 10:06 PM
God bless Sadie and the farmer who helped her get the medical treatment she needed....he could have just chased her away. I'm glad she is okay....keep us posted about he lab.

leansnslobbers
07-21-2008, 06:28 AM
The lab does not belong to Sadie's owner, so I have little info on her.

I did find out last night that the lab was still missing, but they have a lead on her whereabouts and will go out first thing this morning to try to find her.

If I find out more, I'll let you know.

lute
07-21-2008, 10:56 AM
People stealing dogs? You got to wonder what kind of person would do such a horrible thing. They don't seem to understand that these are well loved pets.

Jessika
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
People stealing dogs? You got to wonder what kind of person would do such a horrible thing. They don't seem to understand that these are well loved pets.

Of course not; I'm not sure where the Dane's owner lives in Missouri, but I know near St. Louis dog fighting is big, not HUGE, but it definitely happens. As I mentioned, my friend's pit was stole right out from under her (and they already caught someone attempting to steal him once from their own backyard), so they've had multiple attempts of people trying to steal her dog. These people just see a "big, scary" dog and think "wow, that dog would fare well in fighting!", they don't care about anything else. :(

CathyBogart
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
am so glad to hear that Sadie's story had a happy ending. Who would steal such a lovely pup? :(

leansnslobbers
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Super great update!

PJ was found yesterday. She is also injured *with signs of abuse* though I don't have the specifics.

The yard in which she was found, confined, also contained two other dogs who were in bad shape and were removed from the property. The police are now searching to see if those dogs if these match descriptions of any dogs reported stolen.

Sadie has settled back in fine, and is back home where her twins are overjoyed to have her back.

lute
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm so glad PJ was found as well! It's unfortinate that he was abused. I hope the other dogs found with him are found good homes.