PDA

View Full Version : Whut did YOU do on Labur Day?

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Cinners an SmokeMutt here ~

We loaded up inna trakter kar an motored over to summa the State Parks - lookin fur swimmin holez!
Lotta the Parks sufferin frum *low wadder* kuz itz not been rainen much. Summa our favorite places wiff boat dockz got NO wadder round the dockz! :eek: An then the Parkz wiff gud swimmin beechez all got sines sayin "NO Ptez!" :mad:

Wound up back cloze ta home - lotta wadder an not too many boaterz usin the rampz... Nuff wind the wadder wuz purdy kleen, too! :) Less go SWIMMIN! :D

We hadda wear the Y-thingie anna long ropey - State Park Kopperz luv to gib out *tikitz* iffin dawgz are runnin loose. Dad leedz us out onna dock an sez "OK; JUMP! Tagether!"

*Ka-SPLOOSH*
Ka-SPLOOSH*

Bout 3 footz down ta the wadder ~
Got ta praktis our *divin*!
An the dock wuz 40-50 footz long - GUD swim back ta the pebbel beach! LOTTA Phunn!

We gathered quite a krowd watchin the team divin an sinkernized swimmin! Dad sez we ennertained a lotta boaterz while they wuz puttin boatz in an takin em out. Had twin dockz an 4 piecez a wadder to work wiff - so we stayed outta the way purdy much... Dint get too mennie ppl *wet* - Cept Dad!

Onlee problem we had wuz divin off TAGETHER ~
Kupla tymes Smoke went furst an I managed ta dive in on TOP of him - nebber hurt him; but he drunk a lil more wadder than I did :rolleyes:. Dad wuz holdin our ropey lead an playin life guard ebery time we went in - he gotz so wet he mitta well come in wiff us!

Finally got dark an we wuz soooo tired we kuld hardlee jump back up onna dock fur anudder round... Dad sed it wuz tyme ta get dried off an hed fur da Ranch. :( We got sum Zzzzz's onna way home. Hadda put up wiffa lotta fur kote brushin when we got in :rolleyes:; but it wuz worth it!

KAt wuz a *Gud Boy* while we wuz gone - loose inna Howze all day. Big pee inna sandy box when we got back.

Onlee bad thing wuz aftur supper SmokeMutt hadda uppyset tum-tum... Dad tinkz he drunk too much wadder. Dad thunk he hadda *hik-upz* ~ kinda doin a fast *gulp* an *wigglin* hiz hole body - reel fast-like. Dad went ta kget sumpin outta da fridge...

Smoke followed him inna kitchun an did a *gurk an yurk rite hind Dad'z feetz. Dad stepz back an "OH, YUCK! Why dint ya SAY sumpin!?

Smoke did a fast outie - but dint wunt no more supper when he came back in...
He'z FINE tuday - ate hiz reguler brunch wiffout ennie more problemz.

So that'z whut we dun fur the Hollerday ~
Whut'd YOU Guyz do????

lovemymaltese
09-03-2002, 04:14 PM
sounds like ya'll had a great time. I was traveling most of the day and doing homeworkwith what was left of the day. Of course Tango slept and demanded occassional belly rubs throughout the whole day. Ha!

wolf_Q
09-03-2002, 04:25 PM
Reggie here, woof! Wish I cuda jumped in da water too! Insted they forcd me ta go campin! Course I luv campin, but not wid the big red creep! He spent his hole time pesterin' me n' the old black boy. I had ta hide unner the couch. :( And he wuz sleepin MY kennel! *Hoooowl!*

Nebo here...Reggie's jus a baby! He dusn't wanna play, he jus growls at me...so I bite his ears! They are so fun to play with! Next time I wanna go campin and swimmin with Cinder and Smoke!

manda99
09-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Smokey got to play with all the people that came over for the BBQ n' party. He also got beer because he's so cute people just couldn't resist. It was OK for the first couple sips... but I think he snuck in and got more when mommy wasn't lookin. Silly pup.
He had so much fun though. Especially when our friends brought over their 3 month old long hair chihuaha, Chewy. A new doggie to sniff sniff sniff. YAY! :)

AdoreMyDogs
09-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Cinder, SmokeMutt & Phred, you guys are just the cutest ever :) I absolutely LOVE reading your posts! They are the best :)

Glad you kids had fun :) I am even more glad that you wrote about it!

Kfamr
09-03-2002, 08:40 PM
The same thing i'm doing right now.

Karen
09-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Here it rained and rained and rained on Labor Day, so Miss Hoppy stayed in all day, recovering from the previous day's trauma. Our neighborhood has a "block party" every Labor Day Sunday, and it's across the street from our house, a huge picnic, with a loud sound system and music. Miss Hoppy did NOT appreciate all that noise! and declined her chance to go to the party - said bunny ears are better than people ears, and she could hear the whole party perfectly well from her spot under the bureau upstairs, thank you very much!

I spent much of the party showing people how to make cornhusk dolls. I made one example every time, and by the end we had a pretty big village of cornhusk folks! And though the music was loud, I sat with my deaf ear toward the speakers, so it wasn't too bad for me!

gini
09-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Labor Day Sunday I did something I have wanted to do for a long time. As a surprise I got tickets for Lion King for my little 8 year old niece. She isn't the type that jumps up and down and shows her excitement. Because she has seen the movie a zillion times it was easy for her to understand the play.

The best part for me (and her too) was the beginning when ALL of the animals walk down the aisle, including an elephant, rhinos etc.

It wasn't until we were at dinner that she got up from her side of the table, came around to me, put her arms around me and quietly said "thanks, Auntie Gini, for my nice surprise." Can you tell I am pretty crazy about this girl?

Labor Day Monday - any labor was out of the question, it was well over 100 degrees here............

C.C.'s Mom
09-04-2002, 02:15 AM
itz cookie-lookie here. i wentz out wif my mom to see momz friendz for an amerikan barbie-kjou. i waz heffin so much fun in da kiddie pool. i waz also stealin a steak sinz mom alwayz nevur buyz dem fur me. i neffur undastend dem kidz kallin me. dey kallin me in a funnyz kinna inglish and me iz djurmun.

i wuz pritty tairud ed the end offa dayz and momz letz me sleep inna kar until i wook up ed home.

yep, we had a great day. my american friend organized a bbq for all of us and it was great. we don't have labor day here, at least not in september. cookie did a lot of gardening for my friend :D

AdoreMyDogs
09-04-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by gini
Labor Day Sunday I did something I have wanted to do for a long time. As a surprise I got tickets for Lion King for my little 8 year old niece. She isn't the type that jumps up and down and shows her excitement. Because she has seen the movie a zillion times it was easy for her to understand the play.

The best part for me (and her too) was the beginning when ALL of the animals walk down the aisle, including an elephant, rhinos etc.

It wasn't until we were at dinner that she got up from her side of the table, came around to me, put her arms around me and quietly said "thanks, Auntie Gini, for my nice surprise." Can you tell I am pretty crazy about this girl?

Labor Day Monday - any labor was out of the question, it was well over 100 degrees here............

Wasen't it amazing? I saw it in Toronto in May and I will never forget it. It was possibly the best broadway show I have ever seen. I was blown away when the animals walked down the isles in the begining of the show and the "Circle Of Life" song was playing! I thought it was incredibly moving. My husband surprised me with tickets and my eyes welled up with tears during the Circle Of Life walk.

What a great Aunt you are :) I bet your niece LOVED it :)

Logan
09-04-2002, 07:10 AM
Dear Cinder and Smokey,
We think we would have liked to have been with you on Labor Day. We like to go swimmin, but we're not so sure about jumping off the dock. We haven't ever done that before. Maybe you could teach us?
Our day was pretty boring because Mom and Helen were busy all day, and we were home alone. Mom said that we needed to be happy because while they were gone, they were trying to buy us a new house, a bigger one, with lots of room inside and outside. We don't know if she got that house yet, but she said maybe today. :) Mom says that it was very important because this house we have always lived in is going to belong to someone else, very soon, and we have just one more month before we have to move out of it. So we guess it was ok that we were left home alone with those darn cats, instead of getting to go swimming like you.
Love,
Honey and Lilly

mugsy
09-04-2002, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you guys had more fun than we did. All we did was sit around and watch Mom clean the kitchen and do laundry. BUMMER!!

Love,

Sox, Tigger, Jazzy, Shawna, George, Serenity, Billy, DeeDee, Vonney, Dudley, Sophie, Daisy, Jessie, Max, and Sammy

Cincy'sMom
09-04-2002, 04:16 PM
What a fun day for you Cinder and Smoke! My girls had a pretty fun weekend to ( I think!) Friday night we took them to the Bowling Green dog park to meet up with their cousins Dazzi and taggert and run and run! Saturday was sorta boring cause we went to a party and they couldn't go :( Sunday we had a cookout here so there was lots of dog lovin people here to chase them around and Labor Day we went to my parents where they got to see Dazzi and Taggert again and go to the Findlay dog park and meet a new friend, Buddy. He was also a lab mix and loved to run, so the girls loved that! I think by the amount of kisses I got they had a good time!

anna_66
09-05-2002, 05:39 AM
We didn't get to do anything fun like you guys did, we just layed around the house with mommy cause she didn't feel good and we wanted to be with her. So I guess it wasn't such a bad day, we were in the a/c instead of the hot heat!

Angus, Roxey & Huney

CountryWolf07
09-05-2002, 08:26 AM
For Labor Day.. I went to see Kenny Chesney in concert for the 2nd time!!! :) That was awesome, and I had a great time. Can't wait for my 3rd one next year.. That's all I did on Monday. I took a lot of pictures and I hope they'll turn out.. hoping they will, since I took most of them off the big screen. I was kind of far away, but still I had a great time. - rachel

ramanth
09-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Kia spent Labor Day with my parents. Not sure what they did. LOL! I think she just drove them crazy. ;) :D

Andy and I went to Atlanta, GA. Did the whole costuming thing at Dragon*Con (http://www.dragoncon.com). :D It was a blast.

A couple of pics....

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/dragoncon2002/Kimmy2.jpg

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/dragoncon2002/andy&kimmy.jpg

That's Andy and I in both images. We recently took Kia to the Rennaissance Festival and I bought her some fairy wings. I'll share the pic once I get them developed. :)