PDA

View Full Version : Rant and Need Major Advice

mina'smomma
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Ok so I like my brother in law and everything, but this last stunt he has pulled and me really upset.

He came home from Wisconsin this past weekend to see friends and family. Stayed with us Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday. He went out Friday night and was gone most of Saturday with this girl I'll call Annie. Now I know this girl and she is very sweet and kind. She was suppose to go down to my MIL to see my BIL before he left to go home, but received a text that one of our Aunts was in a bad car accident and in the hospital. Now Annie is bummed and very sad. I know her through church and she is a kind and sweet young lady, and I think she really LIKES my BIL

Here is the kicker. There WASN'T any car accident let alone any relatives in the hospital. He LIED to her. She e-mailed me and asked me how that Aunt was doing after she couldn't real my BIL. Obviously I didn't know what she was talking about so I called my hubby and told him what she had told me. He called my BIL and he said he would straighten it out. WELLLLL she e-mailed me again today with yet another lie he told her. He explained that the Aunt is getting out of the hospital today and he will be leaving for Wisconsin later. He has told her another lie to cover his last one. This girl wants to talk to him face-to-face rather than over the phone about something.

Now my delimma is since he has pretty much put me in the middle of this I'm wondering if I should just tell her the truth and let him get upset at me, or if I should just stay out of it. I just really hate seeing her being hurt by him like this.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Why not contact your ratface BIL and tell him you don't appreciate the position he has put you in. Tell him to be straight with this poor girl or you will do it for him!

Karen
07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Absolutely tell your BIL that if he doesn't tell her the truth, you will, and let him know you do not appreciate being put in this position.

moosmom
07-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Great advice, Brody's Mum!!

Renee, I think Brody's Mum is right. Let your BIL dig his own way out of a situation he created to beging with.

I'm SO glad I'm single and not dating anymore. If there is one thing I won't tolerate it's a liar. And boy does your BIL fit the bill.

Catty1
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Call his PARENTS too!

You may not want to tell this girl anything directly, but you will want to find out if he came clean with her.

What I would actually tell her is to tie up her running shoes and RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION of that BIL!!! What else will he lie about?

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Why not contact your ratface BIL and tell him you don't appreciate the position he has put you in. Tell him to be straight with this poor girl or you will do it for him!

I ditto this advice.