PDA

View Full Version : Mama Mia the Movie

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 04:15 AM
You must go and see this - it is fabulous :D

Miss Z
07-18-2008, 06:25 AM
My friend said it was brilliant, but I don't think it's my kind of film. :p Romance films are too predictable, the characters pretty stereotypical, and the humour not really that funny, in my humble opinion.

I remember when I was watching that film 'The Holiday' with a few friends. I was thoroughly bored watching it! It got to that scene where Jude Law and Cameron Diaz are in the restaurant, and you can just tell where things are gonna go.... :rolleyes:; I said, "It would be so much more exciting now if he just got randomly shot in the back of the head and there was some chaos and unpredictable stuff."

One of my friends turned to me with a shocked look on his face and said,

"Remind me never to take you out to dinner!"

:D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 06:28 AM
This is just non-stop fun from beginning to end :D

vinjashira
07-18-2008, 07:43 AM
went to the cinema on wednesday and the ticket for Mama Mia was sold out :eek:

it must be really good.
will try to see it next wednesday.

Wednesday is the day where you can have two tickets for the price of one by the way :D

Have you seen the musical version as well?

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Have you seen the musical version as well?

Yes, I saw it in London. The film is very true to the stage production. The really good news is that Abba The Movie has been remastered and is going to be released again this year :D

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I can't wait to see it! FI said he'll go with me too! :D

cassiesmom
07-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I cannot wait to see this movie!

Suki Wingy
07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I will see it! I've never seen a live musical, so I was very excited when I learned it was coming out as a movie. There are so many musicals I want to see live though.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
I cannot wait to see this movie!

Me too !!!!

Grace
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
We're going on Tuesday. Glad to hear so many favorable reviews of it.

Our local paper gave it just *, while the Boston Globe gave it * * * 1/2.

I've seen the trailer more than once, and it looks like my kind of movie!!

Freedom
07-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I saw the musical at the local theater when it came through and it was terrific! The entire audience was singing along, standing and dancing in the aisles.

I'm just not sure that will happen in a movie.:confused:

lizbud
07-18-2008, 05:00 PM
My friend said it was brilliant, but I don't think it's my kind of film. :p Romance films are too predictable, the characters pretty stereotypical, and the humour not really that funny, in my humble opinion.

It's not like your typical romantic movie at all. It's a musical & has two
terrific lead actors in it. It is also spurring a revival of the old Abba
recordings. I had forgotten how many songs I had really liked.:)

David Letterman has had both Meryl Streep & Pierce Brosnan on his
late night show this week with film clips of the movie. It's great, if you
like musicals.

ilovemypup
07-18-2008, 05:29 PM
I didn't like the musical too much..mostly because we sat way far back, but I wanna see it. :)

carole
07-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I heard a review of this on the telly the other day, and it said Meryl is a great singer, but as for pierce, hmm well let's say it would be better he did not sing, am not fond of musicals at all ,but as the actors in this film are top notch IMO, especially the lovely gorgeous Colin Firth, i may well go see this film , thanks for telling us it was so good.

Logan
07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I hope to see it this week. I very, very rarely go to the movies, but this one has captured my interest. My husband is at the Batman movie tonight with his son, but I hope I can grab him and go see this one some night this week. We have tickets to see the Broadway production of it in late August when it comes to Greenville. I'm looking very forward to that. :)

Chica
07-19-2008, 11:09 PM
I am going to the show tomorrow to see MAMA MIA!!. Thanks for the tip.

Cincy'sMom
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm really hoping to get to see it. We saw themusical and I loved it, and am anxous to see the movie as wel.

sirrahbed
07-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Hubby sirrahned and I went to see it Friday and I am still humming Abba songs! I haven't laughed out loud in a movie theater in ages but I had to at this movie:D Be sure and stay for the credits at the end.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Be sure and stay for the credits at the end.

Worth the entrance fee alone :D

Grace
07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
We saw it this afternoon. Totally delightful!! Laughed and cried and sang (quietly) - and as has been noted, the credits were sensational.

ramanth
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I saw the musical a few years ago in Toronto and loved it! :D :love:

I plan to catch the movie. :cool: