PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! I've got myself in a pickle *Update w/pics #70*

Kfamr
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm in a hurry so I'm going to copy and paste my IM to people;

friend found two puppies on someones property in a tiny cage on asphalt, no shade, food or water
called animal control, they made him give them food, water, and shade and gave him 2 weeks to get rid of them
finally got him to give her the puppies
they have a place to stay tonight (my sister's garage)

I don't know what the future holds for them tomorrow. I will most likely be up all night trying to figure something out.

My options so far;
1. I will use my own money to get them vetted and A. AnimalHouse/Sarah can take them and we will find homes for them or B. a rescue may be able to help.

2. Find someone else willing to help (anyone??)

3. Take them to a no-kill shelter

I am in Palm Harbor/Pinellas County. Around 30 minutes from Tampa.

3muttsandaboston
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry I have no advice and i'm too far away to be of any help, but those little ones are adorable and should have no problem finding a home! That second picture made me laugh. Those little ones look like they have a bad case of worms with those bloated bellies. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Kfamr
07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
They've got tape worms for sure -- one of them gave me a nice stool sample. I'm just really scared $$ wise and WHAT I'm going to do with them tomorrow. My dad is already pissed so they can't stay here.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I would have Sarah do it if she is willing. I would offer to pay half if I could.

If not, maybe take them to a no kill shelter, and make a small donation for their care.

Good luck, they are adorable!

Kfamr
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
We are here at my sister's house and the pups are in a crate in her garage (with a nice cool fan blowing on them.)

They are so sweet and complete lovebugs.

I almost want to say they were used as bait dogs. They have large puncture wounds (healed, but scarred) all over. They look too large to be caused by puppy teeth.

It certainly will be an interesting next couple of days! I've done this fostering stuff before but they are some active strong puppies.

We've named them Dublin (front/female with more black on her fur) and Clodagh (klo-dah.) They're named with an Irish theme that my friend chose.

BC_MoM
07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Poor pups. Thank God for people like you, Kay. Keep us updated on what happens... if I could help, I would. I would even ask the BC rescues in the area that will take honorary Border Collies from time to time, but they are full up. :(

Karen
07-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh, goodness, they are beautiful! They look like they have a lot of Boxer in them, maybe contact Boxer rescues?

http://www.flbr.org/ ?

finn's mom
07-17-2008, 11:39 PM
They are gorgeous. It's good and bad that I'm not closer to you. I hope you're able to figure something out, they are lucky to have gotten this far and be found by you!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I'd be happy to donate something towards their care - thank you for doing this for them

beeniesmom
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
OMG! They are adorable. They really do look like they have Boxer in them.
Good luck.

Ginger's Mom
07-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Kay, how old do you think these pups are? About four months?

Kfamr
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Yep, I'd say around 4-5 months.

They slept through the night nicely withouth making a sound. No messes. They loooove attention.

They got to meet Lucas but they were SCARED of him. Another reason I think they were used as bait dogs.

Still not sure what I'm going to do with them today. I have a lot of options, though. Thanks for all the comments and offerings of help, I will keep you updated for sure.

Animalhouse26
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Kay, I REALLY Hope we can get something figured out for these two! I Really do! UGH. We just couldn't leave them on the side of the road! :(

Kfamr
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm heading to the vets with them now. My vet agreed to seeing them at 10:30 (love him, i always pop in on him like this!)

I just want to get them checked out and they will give them their first vaccines.

Freedom
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Bless you for caring! I'll pray that things work out for a foster home and furever home for them.

anna_66
07-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Oh Kay, they are such cuties. I'm so glad your able to help them out. I really hope you figure out something to do with them.
Lots of good vibes being sent your way!

Daisy and Delilah
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
They are so adorable. Kay, I'm so glad you found them and are helping them. I wish you all the best. I also would contribute something if you need it.

wolf_Q
07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Wow, they are REALLY adorable!! They look like possibly boxer/pit mixes. I love their markings. Good luck at the vet, I hope you'll be able to find them homes soon!

Animalhouse26
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Kay just msged me... One of the Puppies as of right now has Demodex Mange :-( She is having the other tested as well. :-/

and the vet thanks they are 4 mo old.

Ginger's Mom
07-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, although it may cost more for treatment, and to determine if there is an immune system problem, it's not too bad. I mean, this is the least serious type of mange, right? It can be cleared up in a few months without spreading to all of the other dogs in the household. Hopefully, that is all that they will find.

boomersooner
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I work with a lady who does boxer rescue, and she has mentioned many times how often the puppies or dogs she deals with have mange, and whatever they do clears it up, but she just has to be really careful not to let the affected dogs near the others.

Kfamr
07-18-2008, 11:43 AM
We're back from the vets -- bill wasn't as bad as I expected.

They both have demodex and tape worms. I am treating them both -- it's a 3 day dosage for both. Dublin weighs 21 pounds and Ireland (Clodagh) weighs 22 pounds.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with them today.

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with them today.

Hide 'em under your bed?

How long is their Garage Hang-Out going to be available?

And how many Friends do you have that don't have Cute Doggies, YET?

Muttlie #5 and #6 ???

lizbud
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I am so happy you were able to get them in to see the Vet so quickly.
You have such a kind heart for animals.:) I'll pray for inspiration to find
a safe place for these puppies. They are soooo cute.:)

I don't have much cash but could send something. Every little bit would help
you with the costs.

Catty1
07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Kay - PM your PayPal account to people who ask for it in this thread.

Also - if Sarah can take them, she can get donations from us as well.

Sarah might be your best bet - is she still willing to take them?

ETA: did you tell AC that they had 'bait' type marks on them and they were just terrified of your dog? They might want to have an in-person chat with the 'person' concerned...

luvofallhorses
07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
they are really cute, Kay! :love: They look to me like boxer/pit bull mixes too. I hope everything works out and that you all can find them homes. they are too cute! :)

Kfamr
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
The puppies are now on a foster home that I feel pretty good about.

They even had talk about keeping both of them possibly. That would be AWESOME because they are very attached to each other.

I was sad to see my girls go, I've grown attached to them in such a short time, and them to I.

The cost of them so far was around $240ish. I feel bad accepting donations, but if anyone REALLY wants to, they can PM me and I do have a paypal account. The address is threemuttlies [@] yahoo.com - You all are too generous. :love: {{HUGS}} to you all.

I miss them already! I got a lot of pictures that I will try and upload sometime this weekend. I'm not sure how soon it will be as I've got to take care of my grandparents Sunday/Monday.

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2008, 08:28 PM
:confused:

What's wrong ~ Wouldn't they *fit* under your bed??
:p

The cost of them so far was around $240ish.
... but if anyone REALLY wants to ...

*DONE*

:)

lute
07-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm just now seeing this. I'm so happy the little cuties are in safe hands! Good job Kay!:D

chocolatepuppy
07-19-2008, 05:39 AM
What cute puppies! Great job Kay. ;)

Kfamr
07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
As of last night, new foster mommy and daddy were seriously thinking about keeping them -- and has already chosen favorites. I really hope they do. It would be so awesome. It's a friend of Sarah's so I KNOW I'd be able to see them again. They said they'd keep the names too. :)

Ireland had gotten really attached to me, Dublin too. Sarah was commenting on how Dublin would look directly at me while we walked together. On leash outside, on leash in the store, etc. Ireland was a bit more skiddish, was more afraid of things where Dublin was a bit more outgoing and seemed more intent on things. Dub is certainly going to be a dog that likes fetch.

Nope... no fitting them under my bed, unfortunately. I think my pups would go nuts anyways. I think my parents are still under the mindset that I want more dogs. I DON'T. I am content with my four right now. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to help others. That's something that I will never rid of, it's embedded in me and it kills me if I cannot help.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone got your help and support. I will certainly keep everyone updated as much as possible. :love:

Kfamr
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Here are my girls!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/irelanddublin.jpg

boomersooner
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
They made me smile!

Giselle
07-19-2008, 09:16 PM
They are SO incredibly adorable! I just love dogs with eye makeup like that! Thanks for helping two more souls, Kay :)

luvofallhorses
07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Here are my girls!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/irelanddublin.jpg

I just :love: them, Kay! They both look like Comet a sweet purebred pit bull puppy that got adopted like a month ago. He was only 8 weeks old and I fell head over heels with him. he went to a real pittie savvy home though. It's good they may be permanent additions to their family. :) Do they have any other pets?

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-19-2008, 11:15 PM
They're both very pretty pups, Kay! Good for you for helping them out. I hope their foster family will be able to keep them. :)

BC_MoM
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
They're gorgeous! I wouldn't worry too much about the demodex. It is a less serious type of mange, and pups can usually battle it on their own and get rid of it by the time they are 6 months to a year.

Glad to hear that they are now safe in foster care... and possibly their new home. ;)

Kfamr
07-20-2008, 10:34 PM
As of now, I am very unsure as to whether or not the puppies havea place to stay. I will not go into details as it's none of my business really, however, I need a backup plan. Rescues are full, none of my friends/aquantances/family can take them.

They may very well end up in the shelter. :(

Can anyone in the Florida area help?

I've got a lot of sh*t on my plate right now and I'm currently taking care of my grandparents. This is the last thing I needed. :(

Karen
07-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I wrote to the one non-Pet Talker I know who is currently in Florida, but haven't heard back from her. We'll keep you, your grandparents and the pups in our prayers, Kay!

Giselle
07-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Kay, I know a local city shelter here actually offers boarding for about $10 a day. Perhaps you can board them there while you privately search for a foster and/or permanent home. That way, at least they have a place to stay and food to eat but you still get a say in who can adopt them.

Taking on two young puppies at once is a big feat, and I don't blame anybody for not being able to accommodate those pups. I know I couldn't in my current situation. I wish you luck! I've been there done that, too, and the worry prior to finding a home is excruciating.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Small donation is on its way :love:

jennielynn1970
07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I just emailed some friends of mine to see if they knew of any one in their area, or if they weren't from Florida (Georgia and S. Carolina) if they knew anyone in your area. I'll let you know what I find out. Hope someone can help.

Ginger's Mom
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Kay, I went looking online to see if there are any forums dedicated to bully breeds, thinking that the people on there may have contacts that can help you. I found this one http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/index.php , which seems to have a fair number of Florida people, but it doesn't look like they are very active. You may also ask Donna if she belongs to any sites that she can cross-post on. Sorry, I cannot offer any more help than that.

Kfamr
07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Gah, as of now, the person that had them is now keeping them. I hope this is for sure now!

Thank you all for your support, financially, emotionally, and with links and such! :) I really appreciate it.

cassiesmom
07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Awwww, they are so cute! I hope it works out that their family will be able to forever home them. Thank you for all you have done for these adorable ones.

Daisy and Delilah
07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I can't get over how cute those two are. Beautiful markings. Best wishes that everything works out for them.:)

gini
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Are they ever adorable. Good work Kay, I hope that they have found their forever home - thanks to you!

lizbud
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Kay, I would like to send my $ directly to you. I accidently deleted a
bunch of my old pms, one of which had the addy in it. Can you pm me
the address again on where to send it? It's not much, but I want to help. Thanks.:)

luvofallhorses
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Kay, I went looking online to see if there are any forums dedicated to bully breeds, thinking that the people on there may have contacts that can help you. I found this one http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/index.php , which seems to have a fair number of Florida people, but it doesn't look like they are very active. You may also ask Donna if she belongs to any sites that she can cross-post on. Sorry, I cannot offer any more help than that.

this board is amazing! they have a lot of nice people there not to mention very informative. :) I am glad they are keeping them. :) there's a few other sites, but I don't have them on hand as our computer crashed but I am sure Donna has some for you. :)

Cinder & Smoke
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I do have a paypal account.
The address is threemuttlies [@] yahoo.com
:love: {{HUGS}} to you all.

There's the PayPal address, Liz ^^^
Be sure to take out the brackets [] and close up the spaces.

I accidently deleted a bunch of my old pms, one of which had the addy in it.
Can you pm me the address again on where to send it?

lizbud
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
There's the PayPal address, Liz ^^^
Be sure to take out the brackets [] and close up the spaces.

Yeah, I know but didn't you once say "paypal" takes out a big chunk for processing? I was hoping to avoid that. I might just go ahead and use paypal
so I can send it sooner. Thanks Phred.:)

Kfamr
08-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Since you guys helped so much with these girls, I thought I'd give you the latest.

They are now being rehomed and seperated. :( :mad: As far as I've been told, they are going to decent homes, but I'm still so stressed/upset/etc. Here I thought these girls were in a great home, together, where they were to live out the rest of their lives. :( I'm not going to go into details, but the girl that took them is rehoming them herself.

Sarah/Animalhouse has Dublin until the second home and figure out if they can take her or not.

It's just so upsetting. I hope they find their REAL forever homes. It's not fair to them to be tossed around like this.

Ginger's Mom
08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
You shouldn't feel stressed or upset for even one minute. While it is a shame that the girls are being separated they are hopefully going to good homes where they will be loved and cared for, and that is directly related to you taking the initiative to help these girls in the first place. They may have seemed bonded, but honestly, they really aren't that old that starting out with new people to love them separately. Being an only dog (if they will be) can mean lots of spoiling and attention that may not be possible in some homes with multiple dogs (you are an exception, of course). You should still feel great that you have helped these little girls on their way to a new and exciting life. Too bad we won't get to see them grow up though.

RockyRoad
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I was silently following this story with fingers crossed that everything would work out for those two pretty girls. How terrible that they now have to be separated and rehomed. :( Thanks for all that you`ve done for them Kay - I`m sorry that it took an unexpected turn even after all that you did. I hope they will at least be in real homes where they will be accepted as members of the family.

Kfamr
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Dublin has a home! My friend will be picking her up after he gets off work. :D Please hope that this works out! :D

RockyRoad
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
That`s great news! Yay for Dublin. :D Fingers, toes and paws crossed that it works out!

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Dublin has a home!

:D Please hope that this works out! :D

So Dublin's all Fixed Up ...

What's the *scoop* on Ireland? ~ ~ Any Takers for her, yet?

GOOD LUCK, Kids!! ;)

lizbud
08-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Great news for Dublin.:) I hope the same for Ireland.:)

With names like that, maybe they'll have a bit of the Irish luck with them.:)

It might feel sad that they are separated, but as long as they are well
treated, they will be more attached to their people and not just each other.
And that's not a bad thing. You did a good job here.:)

Animalhouse26
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, I had been Dreading updating this. But, the girl that was gonna take Both originally, then not, then Was .. Blah blah.. is a friend of mine. As of recently.. Her and her husband have been having probs. And Now she found out she is prego.. and going to be going through a divorce.. So, Unfortuantly.. They had to be rehomed. She did love these Pups.. VERY much! :-/ But, Both girls have a home...As of right now! :-/ I Reallly hope they both work out!

Kfamr
08-05-2008, 02:39 PM
The girl that had them found Ireland a home.

As of right now, Dublin does not have a home now. My friend has a dog but he is highly allergic to Dublin. His face swollen up last night. His dog is long haired and it doesn't bother him like Dublin's does.

I'm so stressed out and just feel like crying. These girls certainly don't have the luck of the Irish and neither do I. :(

I taught Dublin how to roll over this morning and she learns just like Kiara did. I have a feeling with the right person she is going to be an awesome trick dog. She is just an amazing little being and will be awesome with the right trainer/owner. I wish I could keep her.

So yeah, I don't know what lies ahead but I cannot go home until she finds a home and I work tomorrow so hopefully that will be sometime tonight. I have nowhere for her to go yet. :(

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
As of right now, Dublin does not have a home now.

I taught Dublin how to roll over this morning ...
I have a feeling with the right person she is going to be an awesome trick dog.

I cannot go home until she finds a home ...
I have nowhere for her to go yet. :(

Plan B ??

* Get 4 cinder blocks to raise da BigBed for a Dublin House
* Teach her "Shhhhhh - QUIET! No Bark!"
* Teach her to "Walk like Simba"
* Teach them both never to walk through the house *Together*!

With a lil Luck, the Folks will never notice.
;)

Kfamr
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I wish it were that easy! Unfortunately, no one has responded as far as taking her yet. :(

pitc9
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Kay, you've done a wonderful job looking for and finding homes for these two.
I wish you all the luck in the world that a home for Dublin is found VERY soon.

Kfamr
08-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm currently at my sister's for the night. Dublin is sleeping in her crate in the garage.

I was able to see my four for 10 minutes or so today and the whole time I was there I cried. I hate this so much but I cannot just dump this puppy. She's been through too much for ME to fail her now.

I work at 6 or 7am (?) tomorrow and hopefully she will have a home by the time I get off work. If not, I'm not sure where we're going to stay. Hopefully my sister's boyfriend wont mind us for another day/night.

I'm going to call my vet and ask how much a skin scraping would be to make sure her mange is gone. Monday was her last day of medicine. If It's not too much I'll walk her over there to get it done and have her checked out again.

Please hope for the best. I'm not a religious person by any means but I've been "praying", hoping, dreaming, wishing a lot lately for something good to come our way. Hopefully someone is out there listening to my mindless rambling. :p

Giselle
08-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Kay, do you have connections with dog sports people? In my experience, I have to say that sports folk are often multi-dog households (and constantly adding, too :D).

Because Dublin is so highly trainable and a good breed/build, I think he could very well find a home with some sports folks. Plus, you'll be targeting a very wide, intensely dedicated population versus run-of-the-mill-Craigslist-browsers.

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm currently at my sister's for the night.
Dublin is sleeping in her crate in the garage.

Hopefully my sister's boyfriend wont mind us for another day/night.

Hopefully someone is out there listening to my mindless rambling. :p

It's NOT 'mindless rambling'!

Because Dublin is so highly trainable and a good breed/build,
I think he could very well find a home with some sports folks.

Check the Yellow Pages for ads by "Dog Training Clubs" and/or Doggy Day Cares ...
"Visit" as many as you can - showing Dublin off to a potential Adopter may
help cinch the deal.

>> Advise if more $$ Money will help the cause. <<

BC_MoM
08-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I don't know where you live, Kay, but look for flyball teams in your area at www.flyballdogs.com under "Teams". She would probably make a great sporting dog!

wolf_Q
08-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble you've gone through to find these two beautiful pups homes. :( I hope you are able to find a place for Dublin soon! Good luck!

chocolatepuppy
08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that you find Dublin a home soon Kay.

Kfamr
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Dublin is currently staying with my brother, his girlfriend, her two boys, and their two pups until we can find her a home. They said they can watch her as long as needed.

Which means I got to come home last night and see my babies! I was SO happy. <3

I'm looking into getting her rechecked for mange and starting off her puppy shots as it would be easier to find her a home, but I've got to get my money situation adjusted beforehand.

Here are some photos of her over the past week.
Swimming
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming9.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming5.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming3.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming8.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming6.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinswimming2.jpg

More coming...

Kfamr
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Getting loved on by kids
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublinaireanna.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublin2.jpg

with Bailey and Cabela
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublin1.jpg

Getting a bath
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublin3.jpg

Getting sleepy
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/dublin4.jpg

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Dublin is currently staying with my brother ...
They said they can watch her as long as needed.

I'm looking into getting her rechecked for mange and starting off her puppy shots
as it would be easier to find her a home,
but I've got to get my money situation adjusted beforehand.

WHO are all those Strange Faces? ^^^

"... get your money situation adjusted ..." ???

I'll send another lil "adjustment".

:D

Kfamr
08-07-2008, 07:28 PM

WHO are all those Strange Faces? ^^^

"... get your money situation adjusted ..." ???

I'll send another lil "adjustment".

Thanks a bunch Phred for the additional help! As a thanks to my brother and family, I bought dog food for their dogs as well as Dublin before I brought her over there. :)

Those strange faces are AnimalHouse's crew -
from left to right,
Tyson, Kiara, Mufasa, Nala, Falise, Jazzy (her foster), and wee little Dublin! :)

We are really working on my sister's neighbor to adopt Dublin. He and his family first met Dublin when I had her the first time. The husband and kids REALLY want her, the wife needs some *work.* ;)

Here are some photos my brother's girlfriend took and uploaded on her MySpace today;
http://a11.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_effa10f0b546f8b599e3ced33fa660da.jpg

http://a403.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_352d508455259fc10a42c3998dbb6312.jpg

She LOVES to be held...
http://a894.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/91/l_f6427a792974d07c81a7b6bb449cd48d.jpg

http://a285.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_0907c82c182e7b0a1af8c3afc00321e4.jpg

Daisy and Delilah
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh Kay!!! She is such a little doll. She looks like a perfect little lovebug. Bless you for caring so much about her. I have fallen seriously in love with her. Anyone can see why you love her so much.:)

Animalhouse26
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
awww I didn't get to see any of those pics! :) They are very cute! I Love the ones with the kids! She does love Kids! I hope she can find a Permanent home! And she has had nothing but Love and attention she never would have gotten if she was stuck on the street! Yes, it has been a rough road with her. She just needs a special home! And there is one out there for her!

*Hugs*

Kfamr
08-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Ugh, Dublin has tapeworms, AGAIN. :mad: :( :( :(

Cinder & Smoke
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Ugh, Dublin has tapeworms, AGAIN. :mad: :( :( :(

Tapeworms :eek: are an 'easy fix' with "Drontal Plus" from the Vet.

Some local Vets won't even bother with a fecal test for worms till AFTER
the critter is given a dose of Drontal Plus.

Is she a possible "poop eater"? :(
If she 'nibbles' on either her or another critter's waste, she might be re-infesting herself.

Be thankful that a few tapeworms are her worst problem ...
They really are a pretty 'easy fix'!

;)

Kfamr
08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I know, but I'm starting to see my vet a little too often. :p

Cinder & Smoke
08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
But I'm starting to see my vet a little too often. :p

:p

You should be getting the Frequent Flier / Multi-Dawg Discount by now!

cassiesmom
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
kfamr, this is just precious! Hugs!

Husky_mom
08-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I know, but I'm starting to see my vet a little too often. :p

is he cute at least?... :p......

hope everything gets better and the right home is just a whisk away ahead...

Kfamr
08-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Dublin finally found a home!!!! :D

My brother had a guy over working on his AC and he took her home! :D It's a guy that works for his landlord so he'll always be able to contact him.

They explained that if she is too much or he ever needs to get rid of her, to call them and they'll always take her back.

It sucks because I didn't get to say goodbye but it's awesome she has a home now!!

These are the last photos I have of her. I took her to my friends house.
With my friend Matty
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Picture431.jpg

With Mike
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Picture453.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Picture454.jpg

Jay-Dee and Mike
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Picture455.jpg

Me holding her and my goddog Jay-Dee
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Picture433.jpg

chocolatepuppy
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Yay! Maybe you can see her sometime.:D

Ginger's Mom
08-17-2008, 11:35 AM
She sure has grown since you found her. She is still a cutie, and I am glad that she was able to find a forever home. Good work, Kay!

Daisy and Delilah
08-17-2008, 05:27 PM
She is such a big girl now!! I will never get over how pretty those pups are. I'm so happy she found a home. Thanks again for taking such good care of them, Kay.:)

bckrazy
08-18-2008, 04:29 AM
I'm so glad both of those adorable girls found forever homes! : ) You are a very special person for going through all you did for them, Kay. I'm sure Dublin and Ireland will always remember you.