PDA

View Full Version : Please keep me in your thoughts

anna_66
09-03-2002, 01:40 PM
or prayers (whichever you do:D )!!

I just got back from the doctors office, and guess what......I have Shingles! (http://www.shingles.com/shingles/what/index.jsp)
My back has been hurting now for about 2 1/2 wks. I finally broke down and went last Thursday. He did an alignment on me & said I should be fine. I felt better.......but the next day...BAM!!!!!! It hurt so much I couldn't stand it. I thought well, it gets worse before it gets better. So I kept doing my excersises and I started to hurt in new places, not just the spot in my back that was in pain before. And I started getting what looked like a rash on my back. I thought I had just left the heating pad or the ice pack on too long & got a burn, no big deal.
Well, over this last weekend (Sun & Mon the most painful days, besides today) it hurt worse & worse. I couldn't sleep but maybe 4 hours without being woke up by my pain. And there was absolutely nothing that I did or took that would get rid of it (the pain).
For some reason, don't know exactly why, I thought it might be shingles. I've never seen it, so I did some research. Most of what I read was me to a tee. But I never felt "sick". So I go in today & the nurse knew right away what was wrong. How could I know without knowing?
And my bigest question...WHY ME? This usually only happens to people after the age of 50 & I'm only 36.
Anyway, I've gotten some medication & pain pills (though they don't work GREAT, any relief is better than none!) so I should feel better soon (I hope:rolleyes: )
I just wanted you to be thinking of me, I know how it is when everyone gets together here, awesome stuff happens, and I need some of that right now!
Sorry this is so long, I think the pills are starting to work, maybe I can take a nap & sleep some.
Bye Bye
Anna

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Anna
Prayers are on the way! I know how constant pain can wear you down. Hope you have a nice nap and your med works to ease your pain.

mugsy
09-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Anna,

You will be in my thoughts. Just so you know...I had a friend in high school with shingles. My dad had them too when he was in his 30s.

I supposedly had them a few years ago, but the doctor was a bonehead and misdiagnosed it.

Good luck!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Get Well Soon, Anna? How could you have gotten Shingles? I read up on it, and it sound painful :(

Fell better soon. I will be thinking of you.

Edwina's Secretary
09-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Anna...I am so sorry to hear you have shingles. For some reason whenever anything is wrong we me I suspect shingles. Don't know why. I dated a guy who got shingles. I was in my early/mid 20's so I HOPE he wasn't in his fifites!

My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery!

lovemymaltese
09-03-2002, 02:03 PM
Prayers are on the way. My best friends grandfather had that a few months ago. I understand what you are going through and I pray for your health.

Dixieland Dancer
09-03-2002, 02:03 PM
Did the doctor order you a nice hot oatmeal bath and oatmeal cream after you get out too? That always worked for my husband. Along with your antibiotics of course and pain meds!!!

I will pray for you to have a speedy recovery!

NoahsMommy
09-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Poor thing...I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi, God!
Cinder an Smokey; onna Prayer Line...

Mebbee we shuld be callin onna Kustomer Service Line?

Kuld wunna the Angelz have made a mistake an sent a load a shungulz to Miz Anna in error? She gotz sum shingulz put on her back - not onna roof.
An her roof duzint leak!

Kuld we wrap em up an ship em back up ta Hevun?
Possibly You kuld use em onna roofin job up there?

Thankz, God!
We'z gonna be watin ta hear frum You.

ChrisH
09-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Anna, I was so sorry to read that you have shingles. Even though it is many years ago now, I still remember how painful it was for my Aunt Rose when she had them. Prayers and postive thoughts are on their way for relief from pain and a speedy recovery.

Sudilar
09-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Oh how awful. I'll pray that they go away quickly. My friend's mother has had it twice (the second a mild case), but she said it is horrible. I feel for you.

tatsxxx11
09-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Oh, poor Anna!!:( Shingles can be so painful! Sometimes even just a breeze can trigger a painful episode. Did you have chicken pox as a child? Often people who did not, have not developed an immunity to this nasty condition! I'm glad they said your case was mild. Take it easy, rest and take your pain medication. We'll take care of the praying! Lots of wishes to you Anna for a speedy recovery. {{{Hugs}}} Love, Sandra

Cincy'sMom
09-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Praying for a quick recovery for you Anna.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. Ugh, how horrible for you, but at least you've been diagnosed and are starting threatment. Can't get better without that. Hope the pain meds start doing their thing and you're feeling better soon.

Thoughts & prayers comin' your way! :)

zippy-kat
09-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Sweet Anna, we have all our heads bowed for you here!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-03-2002, 07:23 PM
OUCH!!
Poor Anna...
I will remember you in my prayers... I didn't have shingles but I hurt my back 7 years ago and had A LOT of problems with it that no doctors could help with and paryer healed my back!!:) So keep faith and remember with God all things are possible!!

Aspen and Misty
09-03-2002, 07:32 PM
I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope you feel better soon!

Fuzzy317
09-03-2002, 07:45 PM
Anna, You will be in my thoughts too.

AdoreMyDogs
09-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Oh Anna I am so sorry that you are in pain :( I had never heard of shingles before, but by the sound of it, it is very, very painful. I so hope that you shake it soon and are back to your wonderful, happy self soon :(

I wish I could help you, but I will send good thoughts your way :(

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry to hear that you have shingles. I'll pray for you and sure hope that you have a speedy recovery.

C.C.'s Mom
09-04-2002, 02:22 AM
Goodmorning Anna,
Hope you'll be feeling much better soon!

lynnestankard
09-04-2002, 04:35 AM
OOWWWIIEEE

Poor Anna - you must be feeling so tired with all the pain - your in my thoughts - believe me when all these Pet Talkers get praying - you'll soon be feeling lots better.:) :) :)

Love Lynne

anna_66
09-04-2002, 05:24 AM
Thank you everyone:)

Still can't seem to sleep very much, at least when I do sleep it's good! I'm thankful for that. I was hoping it wouldn't be as painful today...but what WAS I thinking:o Maybe it will be better tomorrow. I'm sorry I come on here & complain, you are all so understanding.
Thank You again
Anna

Ann
09-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that :( I clicked the link you posted and read about it and I actually know what it is. See, my dad's brother's wife (I think it's called "aunt" in English) has the same thing! It's called "bältros" over here which means "belt rose" and it too was caused cause she had the chicken pox as a kid... So I know what you're talking about and I know she said it's terrible so I feel so sorry for you :( I hope it gets better reeeeeeally soon and that you will manage to sleep better soon too!

Originally posted by anna_66
And my bigest question...WHY ME? This usually only happens to people after the age of 50 & I'm only 36.

I know what you mean! When I got my bloodclot the doctors were baffled cause it usually only happens to 60-70 year olds and I was only 17... And to this very day, they still don't know what caused it!

lovemymaltese
09-04-2002, 11:54 AM
I am glad that you are able to get some sleep, bless your heart. We're all here for you if you need to talk.

Albea
09-04-2002, 12:20 PM
Thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery from those painful shingles.

gini
09-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Good gosh, Anna, come on in and complain anytime you want. I have never had shingles, but everyone I know that has had them was in complete misery!

I hope they go away soon and you can rest. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Gini and the Rascal

AvaJoy
09-05-2002, 08:12 PM
I hope you feel better soon, and that your furkids are a comfort in your time of need; they are usually the best medicine.:)

sammi
09-05-2002, 08:37 PM
Hope you have had a better day today with less discomfort from the shingles.

tatsxxx11
09-05-2002, 09:14 PM
We hoping and praying that you have a much better day tomorrow, Anna. You're a trooper! Come here any complain any time!! {{{Hugs}}} Sandra

Stenograsaurus
09-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Anna, I am so sorry to hear that you're not feelilng well. My Uncle had shingles and my foster daughter's friend had them. She was only 23 when she got them. They are pretty painful. I had also heard that they could be brought on by stress too. Given everything you've gone through with Ashley, that would be pretty understandable now. Keep us informed. WE CARE ABOUT YOU AND DO NOT MIND YOU COMPLAINING AT ALL!!!!!!