PDA

View Full Version : Updates and New Pictures

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Lots and lots of doggie things have been going on around here the past two weeks or so, and almost all of it good. :) First, the dogs are getting along better every day. This week Ginger has started treating Taz the same way she does her friends (that is a good thing :) ), and he is starting to respond to her more every day.

I also owe my township an apology. Remember Taz trying to escape from the pen at the dog park. Well, I called the township and requested that they fix the area around the fence so the dogs couldn't get underneath. I was afraid to go back to the park, because I was sure they wouldn't do it. I was wrong. Ginger, Taz and I went to the park this morning, and they have in fact fixed the back fence so that it is touching the ground. So here are some pictures from our morning at the park.
It was actually hotter than I expected it to be at 9:00 a.m..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08032sm.jpg
Hehehe, you aren't going anywhere, buddy. :)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08039sm.jpg
That was a dirty trick, mom.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08042Sm.jpg
Oh well, I guess I'll just sniff around.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08047sm.jpg
Where are you going, Ginger?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08037Sm.jpg
Find out in the next post :D

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Too keep cool in the shade?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08038Sm.jpg
When she wasn't chasing her ball, she headed right to the coolest spot in the pen :)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08035Sm.jpg
But not our busy little man. He kept moving.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08036Sm.jpg
And sniffing
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08047sm.jpg

I also have a few pictures from last Saturday I want to share. Isn't he handsome?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/GingerandTazJuly122008003Small.jpg
Think he has made himself at home?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/GingerandTazJuly122008007Small.jpg
Aww...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/GingerandTazJuly122008008Small.jpg
After their baths don't they both look miserable. LOL
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/GingerandTazJuly122008010Small.jpg
All fluffy after her blowdry
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/GingerandTazJuly122008025coloradjSm.jpg
Still more coming in the next thread

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay, two more things I wanted to share. First, one of the reasons I was looking for a chi or chi-mix is because six years ago I met a charming little guy named Tejas who wrapped me right around his cute little paws, and I wanted my very own Tejas. Last weekend I got a picture of Taz and Tejas together. It's not a great picture, but it was the best I could get.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/7-5Scouts3rdBirthdayand7-17-08013Sm.jpg

And secondly, do you remember me telling you about a co-worker who was looking to rescue a dog. Well he found one on Monday at the Camden County Animal Shelter. I swear I had nothing to do with him picking this dog. But at the same time I cannot stop smiling.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/gingerjoy/Ginger%20and%20Taz%20July%202008/Mason.jpg
Yes he is an Eskie. :D :D Honest, he never mentioned any Eskie in all of our talks. Hopefully, Ginger will meet him at the dog park sometime this weekend. :D

chocolatepuppy
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Happy tears here Joyce! It's so nice to see what a happy little family you have with the addition of Taz. :) Ginger is pretty as ever and Taz is so cute. Tejas was an inspiration huh? And another Eskie in the group? How cool.:cool: Thanks for the great pictures.:D

huskylover27
07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
OMG that eskie is adorableeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I held one a couple of years ago at a pet store in pa. Was so soft and while I was petting him he looked up at me and gave me a kiss.....so I gave him one back on his little head.

MoonandBean
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
OMG that eskie is adorableeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I held one a couple of years ago at a pet store in pa. Was so soft and while I was petting him he looked up at me and gave me a kiss.....so I gave him one back on his little head.

hehe...so cute! Joyce, Ginger is sooo beautiful and Taz is quite handsome. Don't tell Tejas but I think Taz is even cuter :) They both look so happy! I'm glad the fence got fixed so quickly. Whenever I expect something to go wrong, I am always so happy to have it go right and then I tell myself "no contempt before prior investigation" :) The new Eskie is ridiculously beautiful!! He and Ginger will look stunning together! Get that camera out :)

lvpets2002
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
:love: Awee they are so Cute & Adorable.. great pics thanks

Freedom
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Ginger! See, having a little bro around isn't so bad after all, is it? He sort of grows on ya, eh?

Taz, my man, you are made to MOVE, no wonder you don't stop.

But a bath, aw, Mo-om, and then you have to go and show our photos while we are still in recovery? Shame on you mommy.

Tejas looks sweet, I can see ho he'd be inspiring! And your friend's new Eskie, wow! What a 4 some, you need to get them all together: the 4 'kids' in your life, te hee.

Nice photos, so glad things are settling in the way you hoped!

kimlovescats
07-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh my goodness! Ginger has a brother!!! I haven't kept up here lately and now I see I missed the introduction on TAZ!!!! Congratulations to all! What wonderful pictures too!

Daisy and Delilah
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Now I can see what it's going to take in my house to get more pictures posted!!;) A new addition!! Taz has brought a whole new outlook hasn't he, Joyce? I am still in love with that little guy and what's not to love? He is adorable and he and Tejas couldn't be cuter together. Thank goodness Ginger has decided to give in to little bro and treat him like her friends. Good girl, Ginger!!! You are one beautiful chick in case I haven't told you a million times already. :):):)

You know how much I love the new Eskie already. She is gorgeous too. Everything around you is coming up roses, Joyce. I'm so happy for all of you!!:D

3muttsandaboston
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
They are both adorable! And I think Taz is all chihuahua!

shais_mom
07-17-2008, 06:24 PM
great pics! :D
:D

lizbud
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, seems like a lot has been happening lately & it's all good.:) I had
to laugh at Taz checking out that spot under the fence.:D It's great to know
how well they are getting to know each other.

boomersooner
07-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I just smiled as I looked at every picture....they look soooo happy. I loved the contented little Taz on his mama's bed. Thank you for sharing, and please share more!!!!

Pam
07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Joyce I must have sent you some sort of mental message. I was just wondering today how Ginger and Taz were doing! :p:D It looks like things are moving along beautifully. I love the picture of Taz sacking out on your bed. Yesirree, he sure does look like he has made himself at home! :) Congratulations to your township for being so responsive. I know that had to be a pleasant surprise for you.

What a hot day you chose to got out. Ginger girl sure had the right idea - grab a little shade where you can find it. :) Your co-worker's dog is awesome. Does he know that you have an eskie too? What he is naming his new little buddy?
Great thread Joyce! You know how much we all love pictures. :)

Oh and Terri, if it takes you getting a new addition in order for us to see more of D&D, well just bring on that new addition! We would love that! :p

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes, huskylover27, Eskie puppies are the cutest little bundles of fur (but then I know I am biased ;) ).
Ginger says, yeah, having a brother isn't so bad, but she isn't ready to take on two more the way sugar did. BOL.
Oh Terri and Pam, I think we had some sort of deal where, if I posted pictures, you would post pictures. Tap, tap, tap...I am waiting. :D
I don't think he did realize I had a Eskie (even though I have about 12 pictures of Ginger in my cubby) until I started squealing when he told me he got an Eskie. His name is Mason (I think they are keeping that name) and he is three years old. I cannot wait to meet him!

Thank you so very much for all of the comments. I am so glad you aren't tired of my pups, yet. :D

kt_luvs_kitties
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
They are both so cute! Taz looks like he made himself right at home! PLEASE give them both a pat for me, but a special *smootch* for Ginger;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 06:04 AM
**excuse me while I do a happy dance around the office**

Pam
07-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Joyce I will take you up on your request to post some pictures because I did take some while Harlee was here. Hope to get them up today. Now Terri it is your turn!!! :D

Mason is a cute name for a cute boy. :) I never asked but I am guessing that Taz was your cutie's former name as well. My Ripley only had a number at the shelter so we had to come up with a name. I often wonder what his first name was.

Silly girl ... We will NEVER get tired of your pictures and are looking forward to many more of Ginger, Taz and Mason!

Rachel
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Joyce I must have sent you some sort of mental message. I was just wondering today how Ginger and Taz were doing! :p

I was going to say the same thing. I especially love the picture of Taz conked out on the Big Bed. That speaks volumes.

It's fun to see how a new adoptee is settling in and of course how Ginger is adjusting to this different lifestyle (no longer an only child). And how are you doing with two dog household compared to only one?

Ginger's Mom
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
And how are you doing with two dog household compared to only one?

It's funny you should ask. :) Just earlier this week I was thinking to myself, everyone who says it is just as easy with two dogs as one is lying. LOL. Okay, I was/am over-reacting. We are getting into a pattern, and things are going well. I think now that we can go back to the dog park again things will get even better. And once I get Taz in to see a trainer about a few minor issues (running away being the biggest one) things will be great.

I took Taz to the Vet for a check up last night. :eek: I have raised two girls, both over 30 pounds, both of whom took exams well and behaved like perfect little ladies at the vets. Well, let me tell you. Taz jumped straight up in the air when they put the thermometer in; tried to bite the vet when she tried to listen to his heart; and it took two of us to hold him while he was muzzled and completed the examination. Tazmanian Devil is right! Anyway, he does have a heart murmur, which I suspected (he has a cough when he gets excited so I thought he may have a heart problem). It is a level 4 (out of 6) and we will get x-rays to see if we can find out the cause and development of the problem. There really isn't much we can/have to do for it. Just find out what the problem is, and keep an eye on him as he matures to make sure he doesn't over exert himself. Right now he is only coughing when he wakes up in the morning and when he sees a female dog outside (boys :rolleyes::D ).

Thanks for asking, Rachel.

boomersooner
07-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Right now he is only coughing when he wakes up in the morning and when he sees a female dog outside (boys :rolleyes::D ).

As a mother of a very soon to be 13 year old son, I had to laugh....it doesn't matter what species the boy is, does it? :D

wolf_Q
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice pics of Ginger and Taz, I'm glad they are getting along well! I had to laugh at your Tazmanian Devil story....reminds me of quite a few chihuahuas I've had to clip nails on at work! I'm sorry to hear he has a heart murmur though :( I hope you won't have any problems in the future from that.

Katelf
07-18-2008, 02:59 PM
How wonderful to see them together and settling well with each other. I'm so glad Taz and Ginger are becoming such buddies. Thanks for the great pictures. :)

3muttsandaboston
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Did they test for heartworms? Just asking because coughing and heart murmer can be symptoms.

Ginger's Mom
07-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Did they test for heartworms? Just asking because coughing and heart murmer can be symptoms.

That is a very good question, and there was some discussion about that. No, we did not do a blood test for heartworms last night. The vet thought he was stressed enough. What she did tell me to do is to call the shelter to see if they checked for heartworms, because they did give him a pill (preventative) for heartworms, and she said that usually isn't done until after they are sure that he is heartworm negative. So since she suspects it may have been done, I am to call them today (thanks for the reminder) and if it hasn't been done, we will draw blood at the same time as the x-ray.

cassiesmom
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Taz and Ginger, you make me ---> :D SMILE!

Pembroke_Corgi
07-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm so glad that Taz and Ginger are doing so well together. They are so cute! Taz looks like he's really settled in. :)

Giselle
07-19-2008, 09:17 PM
So many rescue stories, so much love, and so many smiles. This is an amazing update. I'm so happy for all of you! :love:

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm so glad everything is working out, Joyce! Taz looks like he's settled in really well, though I never did have any doubts. I love the new pictures, too. :)

jazzcat
07-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm glad to see they are getting along well. Great pictures.

4 Dog Mother
07-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Joyce, I am so glad that Ginger and Taz are getting along better. It always takes some adjustment when you add a new member to the family, human or animal. Your statement about 2 being as easy as 1 - NOT - is true in some ways, bathtime being one example of you being right. However, having someone to "hang" with, play with and sometimes just be near is so rewarding to the two dogs that it makes the rest worthwhile. Although I think my days of having 5 or more or over. Two sounds like a good number. Not that I am going to do anything to get back to that number - so it may be years before I am down to 2.

I think Taz is cuter than Tejas too. I hope that Mason and Ginger get to spend time together - they will definitely look cute together. Great pictures one and all!

Daisy and Delilah
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Joyce I must have sent you some sort of mental message. I was just wondering today how Ginger and Taz were doing! :p:D It looks like things are moving along beautifully. I love the picture of Taz sacking out on your bed. Yesirree, he sure does look like he has made himself at home! :) Congratulations to your township for being so responsive. I know that had to be a pleasant surprise for you.

What a hot day you chose to got out. Ginger girl sure had the right idea - grab a little shade where you can find it. :) Your co-worker's dog is awesome. Does he know that you have an eskie too? What he is naming his new little buddy?
Great thread Joyce! You know how much we all love pictures. :)

Oh and Terri, if it takes you getting a new addition in order for us to see more of D&D, well just bring on that new addition! We would love that! :p

I would love it too, Pam :D Do you think a new addition will make the girls less camera shy? Hmmmmmmmm..........I need to justify this........;)

Ginger's Mom
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Your statement about 2 being as easy as 1 - NOT - is true in some ways, bathtime being one example of you being right.
Hehe, that was partially to what I was referring. Although Taz is super easy to bathe. Ten minutes and he is done (unlike Ginger who is very close to an hour, with bath, blow dry and trim). Play time is still a bit tricky, they both still want to play with me rather than each other, but I think that may change somewhat in the coming weeks/months.

I would love it too, Pam :D Do you think a new addition will make the girls less camera shy? Hmmmmmmmm..........I need to justify this........;)

Yes, yes, I think it will. :D Did that work? In any case, with a new fursib or not, we are ready for new pictures of the girls.