PDA

View Full Version : The best mascara ever!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! (and gents if you are that way inclined ;)) I have discovered the best mascara in the world and had to share it with you.

Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eye Opening Mascara! My lashes look fab and my eyes look so much bigger and better defined

Glacier
07-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Thank you. I'll be looking for that one. I have a bit of a mascara obsession!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2008, 09:53 AM
http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/products/eyes/product.aspx?id=329

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
I have very short eyelashes.... . When I try to put on mascara, I always colour the background too :rolleyes::rolleyes:. So, no mascara for me, only eyeliner:D

slleipnir
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I doubt I'd find it here, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Daisy and Delilah
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the tip, Denise. I can never find a mascara I like. :)

caseysmom
07-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I am not sure where they sell rimmel, is it a macy's thing for a drug store thing?

Miss Z
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll look out for it! I like the Body Shop mascara, that always makes my lashes look really volumous (and I have the peace of mind that the source is against animal testing :) ), but it's so expensive for even a little bottle of the stuff.

zippy-kat
07-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Ohh, I have to disagree! I'm a Hypnose (Lancome) fan to the core!! :p

How funny you made a thread about this - Staci and I were just talking about mascara. lol

shais_mom
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
alas
Zippy is a Mascara snob but I'm NOT!!
I LOVE RIMMELL!!
but here's something to check out

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P217701&searchString=sephora+the+lash+stash

zippy-kat
07-17-2008, 01:43 PM
alas
Zippy is a Mascara snob but I'm NOT!!

LMAO
Yes, yes, I am. :D

joycenalex
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
i love, love, love laura mercier. her mascara is sold at sephoria, nordstroms and high end dept stores, so it's pretty pricey, but it makes my wispy lashes look huge and it goes on very smoothly. i looked her up on wikipedia and followed the reference to mascara and learned....The first mascara product was invented by Eugene Rimmel in the 19th century. The word "rimmel" still means "mascara" in several languages, including Portuguese (rímel), Turkish (rimel), Romanian (rimel), Dutch (rimel), etc....end quote. maybe i'll look the rimmel up here. i've discovered that i have a definite preference about brushes in the mascara too. i like the full christmas fir like ones much better then the comb type.

catnapper
07-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I have troubles wearing mascara because apparently I rub my eyes a lot. I am not aware of it while I'm doing it, but I will look down to see black smears on my fingers and under my eye! :eek: I also seem to flake more than I should (I can hear hubby telling me thats because I'm flaky!)

So.... how is this mascara for flaking and staying put?

Suki Wingy
07-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't wear makeup really anymore but when I did I really liked the Rimmel brand. It's not very expensive but works well.

shais_mom
07-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I have troubles wearing mascara because apparently I rub my eyes a lot. I am not aware of it while I'm doing it, but I will look down to see black smears on my fingers and under my eye! :eek: I also seem to flake more than I should (I can hear hubby telling me thats because I'm flaky!)

try the Blinc Kiss Me.
It's pricey but it rocks!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-18-2008, 04:13 AM

Stayed on all day without a smudge or a flake :)

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the tip! I'm not that thrilled with the last brand of mascara I bought...

jazzcat
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm needing to buy mascara so this is perfect timing. I usually just buy CoverGirl - whatever is on sale and I have a coupon for. I have a coupon for Rimmel!!! I'll have to try this, thanks!

kitten645
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM
I love Rimmel cosmetics! The link Brody's Mum put on is the UK version. The US one has a red top. I got it at Long's and they had a two for one promo so I got a concealer as well. I've been Great Lash fan forever(..now I forget who makes it..pink tube/green top...I tore the label off my latest one!:rolleyes:)
Everytime I see an interview with a makeup artist, they recommend that one. But then I figure they work with supermodels that have fantastic eyes & lashes anyway so something for poor old normal girls like me is worth a try! Thanks for the recommendation! :p
Claudia