PDA

View Full Version : Dream Interpretation...

Husky_mom
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I was just wondering about dream interpretaton... not that i have one I wnat to know about....yet... but I do get weird dreams more often than not... so was wondering if any of you knew were to find stuff that had dream interpretation... as in meanings and such...

if you want to share your dreams thatīs ok too... perhaps we can give you "our" interpretation...... who knows.. LOL

Aspen and Misty
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
I have never had a dream that I couldn't be like "this is why I dreamed that" like if I dream about a pig wearing a skirt ;) I can look back on that day or the day before and say "Oh, thats because of this". I dunno call me lucky but I can always explain my dreams.

Ashley

Miss Z
07-17-2008, 05:33 AM
I think there's one called freakydreams.com, which, when you type an account of your dream into the interpreter, picks out words (such as rabbit, door, train, etc) and tells you what these elements in your dream are supposed to mean.

I don't know whether I entirely believe dream interpetation or not. I don't think they can tell the future or anything like that. I do think, though, they are a reflection of your emotions and perhaps what you think could happen to you, jumbled around with memories lurking in your subconcious and images you've seen or things you've imagined recently. That's my explanation for why dreams can be so weird, anyway. :p

I often have dreams about crashing or being in a natural disaster, but surviving. Maybe I'm subconciously always ready to spring into action when things go wrong and am determined to see it through? Who knows. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2008, 05:36 AM
My Dad features a lot in my dreams and more often than not he is happy and healthy :D

cyber-sibes
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM
I did a seminar on dreams at the Jung House, a study center on the works of Dr. Carl Jung, who came up with the theory of the archetypes in our psyche. Fascinating stuff - basically, eveything in your dream is "you", & there are many was to interpret shapes, colors, actions, characters, which all reflect aspects of ourselves. Dreams are a healing mechanism to bring us to wholeness.
Look here (http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/importanceofdreams.html) for a site that has a lot of info about dreams, including some Jungian links.

"Simple Meanings
What has been said about the deep meaning of dreams needs to be balanced against other considerations. Not all dreams have profound psychological significance. Some are mere repetitions of the day's events. Some dreams may have straightforward physical explanations. ...So do not assume that every dream has a deep meaning. Not every dream will contain a life-transforming revelation - but any dream might!Even the apparently most trifling dream story may be trying to tell you something about your life. "

lizbud
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I did a seminar on dreams at the Jung House, a study center on the works of Dr. Carl Jung, who came up with the theory of the archetypes in our psyche. Fascinating stuff - basically, eveything in your dream is "you", & there are many was to interpret shapes, colors, actions, characters, which all reflect aspects of ourselves. Dreams are a healing mechanism to bring us to wholeness.
Look here (http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/importanceofdreams.html) for a site that has a lot of info about dreams, including some Jungian links.

"Simple Meanings
What has been said about the deep meaning of dreams needs to be balanced against other considerations. Not all dreams have profound psychological significance. Some are mere repetitions of the day's events. Some dreams may have straightforward physical explanations. ...So do not assume that every dream has a deep meaning. Not every dream will contain a life-transforming revelation - but any dream might!Even the apparently most trifling dream story may be trying to tell you something about your life. "

Thanks for the link Pat. I read a lot of his stuff when I was young &
trying to make sense of life & feelings. Interesting stuff.:)

Husky_mom
07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
it seems tht constantly I dream reaaally weird things... things that make no sense at all... I even try figure out why, if I saw/heard something and my mind went crazy.. but no, I canīt...LOL

the mayority or at least a very high % of them are bout being involved in a chase.. like cops and robbers chase...sometimes Iīm being chased soemtimes Iīm chasing... sometimes itīs more like a spy game (I know too many movies LOL)... this one time in band camp...(LMAO sorry about that ) I was dreaming I was making hot dogs and as I peeled soem plastic from the sausage someone asked how hotdogs were made, so we somehow magically teletransported to a hotdog factory...(talk about weird)... AND thatīs all I recall...:P

this other time (long time ago) I dreamt about being at my grandmas house and a cousin of mine was there in the entrance dressed as a clown... so when we went in there were lotsa stuff like traps and many weird things you had to manage get through in order to not get killed by the clown..:rolleyes:.... there even was some sort of bowling alley in which you were the ball, past that there was a pool without water that had some inscriptions in red paint, kinda like a puzzle you had to solve... and when finally out there was this clown in the garbage can just staring at you.. and thatīs when I realized it was a cousin of mine in disguise...

my interpretation of this all is just that Iīm plain too weird.. LOL

Catty1
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I haven't tried this myself, but I once read that if you write down your dreams for a month or so and then look them over, you will see how the dreams go with what was happening in your life.

Isabel...you were just clowning around! Or is your cousin a bit two-faced? Nice and smiley to your face, which hides a nasty streak.

Your subconscious is clever, telling you the truth! LOL

I just said to a friend yesterday, jokingly, "I can't slow down!" (meaning in life), and then realized I have had a repeating part of a dream for quite a while...I'm driving, have to stop, I am practically putting the brake pedal through the floor and NOTHING IS HAPPENING. It's not like a disaster where I will kill anyone or anything...the car just will NOT slow down!:eek:

cassiesmom
07-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I have dreamed repeatedly that I somehow failed a college course (it's the day of the final exam and I haven't been to class all semester, or I neglected to hand in a huge project, or something like that) and am unable to graduate ... and I always say, "But I'm a nurse! I graduated! I'm working!" One time I actually got up, in the middle of the night, and checked to make sure my nursing license was where I keep it! And also that I'm in public "in the buff", usually not deliberately! Since I started taking SSRIs I've had very vivid, detailed dreams.

lizbud
07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I have never had a dream that I couldn't be like "this is why I dreamed that" like if I dream about a pig wearing a skirt ;) I can look back on that day or the day before and say "Oh, thats because of this". I dunno call me lucky but I can always explain my dreams.

Ashley

I've heard your subconcious is the active element in dreams & I can
often make sense of a strange dream when I wake up.

I can often change my dreams sometimes. When something scary happens
in a dream, I can think to myself, no way this is going to happen, and change
the ending. Weird.:)

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I've been having some weird ones lately....I don't think I want to know what they mean!

critter crazy
07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Hmmm...interesting topic. I can always attribute my dreams, to things going on in my life at the time. I have never realy had any freaky un-explained dreams before. But would be cool to see what someone else would say about them!:D

Husky_mom
07-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Iīve come to the conclusion that I have whatīs called... persecution delirium.. LOL... besides being plain weird :p