PDA

View Full Version : My friend, J, had gone home to Jesus yesterday..

M&M's Mommy
07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
My friend J had gone home to God our Father yesterday after months of enduring treatments for cancer. At 28, he had fulfilled God's will on earth as it was entrusted to him when he was born, and was ready to come home for his award. Thanks be to God!

While I know this day would come, I was still shocked when I heard of his passing. I was blessed for knowing him in the Catechism program. The kids loved him very much. Although, he was very busy with grad school, he still made time to do volunteer works. He served underprilegde kids with dental problem while he was in grad school. He volunteered his times to talk to kids about God & how his life was transformed because God had touched his life. He was a natural motivator. In his short life, he had endured a lot, and through it all, developed such a strong faith in God.. the type of faith that could move mountains. He was a lot younger than I am, but I have learned so much from him.

To the last time I met him about two weeks ago, I never see any sadness in his face. All I saw was someone who was completely at peace with what had yet to come, in complete trust that no matter how dark the tunnel would turn out to be, God is there at the end. With that faith, he went through each of his last days celebrating life, and preparing for the most important meeting with his Father, the Lord!

I still couldn't believe that he's gone. J, you're probably up there seeing me weeping, but I should weep no more, because I know you're in a very good hand. I know I should be rejoyed, but I can't not do it yet. Not now, but I promise I will soon :).

Dear Lord, although J is very young, but he had set a very good example for my own faith journey, Lord. Please help bring him to your Kingdom. Amen.

So PTalkers, would you please keep J, his surviving mom & 2 younger sisters in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
God's plan is so hard to understand
Posted 04-24-2008 at 11:00 AM by M&M's Mommy

I just got words that my friend J. was diagnosed with bone cancer. The cancer has begun to spread & he just had to have one of his arms amputated in hope to slower the process. His prognosis is 5 years at best.

J. is 27 years old, and just graduated a dentist with specialty in oral surgeon two years ago. He has a girlfriend and plans to marry her next year.. His life opens wide in front of him with promises of a very happy & prosperous future. He's a handsome guy who takes his health very seriously. He works out everyday at the gym. He swims & runs & loves to lift weights.

He's also a guy whose faith could move mountains. I met him when we both taught in the Catechism Program a few years back. I've went to many retreats with him when His testimonies about his faith journey really touched the kids. He has a remarkable way to relate to the kids. He captured their attentions for he didn't just preach with words, but with examples. He didn't just tell the kids how to be a good Catholic Christian, he BE one first. He really taught what he believed, and lived what he taught. I've learned so much from him.

Needless to say, my spirit sank when I heard the news. I was shock at first, then overwhelmed by a sense of sadness. I went to bed last night with a heavy heart & a burning question: Why?

God, I don't understand your plan for J. (neither does everyone who know J.), but I trust in your mercy. Please please stay right beside him as he goes through this darkest tunnel. Please grant him peace, strength & a fierce detemination to fight the cancer. Amen.

Karen
07-16-2008, 12:37 PM
He and his family will be in our prayers.

Logan
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I will have your friend and his family in my prayers as well.

ilovemypup
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry, MMM.
Best wishes and thoughts...

boomersooner
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Prayers for you, his other friends, and his family.....

Miss Z
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
He sounded like a very gracious and brave man. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. :(

kimlovescats
07-16-2008, 05:30 PM
May your wonderful friend, enjoy his eternal life with our Heavenly Father and may his family, friends, and you, find peace in knowing he is doing just that!

Hugs,
Kim:love:

M&M's Mommy
07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Thank you guys. Losing a friend is hard.. loosing a younger friend is much harder. But I am able to draw comfort from the knowing that he's now home safe & sound & is no longer suffering.

So, I don't worry as much about J (& myself) as I am about his mom & sisters. (His mom is also my friend as we're both lectors at our parish) & both of his sisters had served as TAs in one of my classes at times. Their family and mine are very close (we used to be neighbors). They've just lost their husband/father not too long ago & now this..

Please continue to keep J's mom & sisters in your prayers. They, too, know it in their hearts that they should be rejoyful - but it is humanly impossible at this time.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-17-2008, 03:47 AM
28??? that is so very young. Bless him, his family and all his friends

K9karen
07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Without sounding cruel or cold, my first thought was that I was glad he wasn't suffering anymore.

We never know what's in store for us. It's beautiful how J's life was so fulfilling. I hope when it's my time, I can feel the same.

I'm sure he's looking down on family and friends. He may not here physically, but his spirit will live on forever.

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Good vibes for his family and friends. Sounds like he had a very full life.