PDA

View Full Version : This sure beats walking 450 miles.

RICHARD
07-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Woman posts cat

A cat was posted 450 miles by mistake after it crawled into a parcel box for a cat nap.

The cat's owner Gitti Rauch said her pet climbed into a box filled with presents for relatives. She did not notice the cat as she sealed up the package and sent it off.

After the two-day journey from Rottach-Egern in southern Germany to Dorsten in the north of the country the cat leapt out unharmed - and no worse for wear - when the parcel was opened.

Mrs Rauch, 44, said: "Janosch usually goes off on his own for a few days and I wasn't worried when I hadn't seen him for a while - then I got a call telling me what had happened.

"I can understand though how he survived the journey without a scratch. He is a very special little cat. He likes to ride in cars, he likes boxes - and he never complains."

---------

It's more in kilometers!:eek:;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
I have visions of shipping Remus off in a package...thats why I always check! He has a bad habit of getting into boxes and if I don't be careful he may end up off to some far corner of the country.
Boy a computer client would sure be suprised! :eek: :D
No, your new machine does not come with a free kitty!

jennielynn1970
07-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Just makes you wonder how alert the owner, and the postal people, really were.

Did the package not feel heavier?

Did the cat make absolutely no sounds or movements or anything while you taped, carried and then jostled the package around at the post office?

Did the poor cat not cry while in the back rooms or the delivery vehicle??

The scenario just seems so odd. I could see a cat going for a ride in the back of a truck or something like that, but a package that you handle... hrm. Even my lightest weight cats, and my not very talkative ones, I think I'd notice and they'd put up a fuss.

catmandu
07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
THATS WHAT STRUCK ME TOO:confused:, AS A CATS ABOUT 6 TO 10 POUNDS AND SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE THEU WOULD HAVE MIIIIAOWED:D, OR TRIED TO RIP THIER WAY FREE.
ACTUALLY EVEN WITHOUT FRONT CLAWS, MOST CATS WOULD HAVE BUNNY KICKED THIER WAY FREE:p
THATS AN ODD STORY, BUT WE ARE GLAD THAT KITTY BACK HOME WHERE HE BELONGS.:love::love:

Catty1
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
But apparently the cat loves boxes and car rides, and "never complains".

SO he didn't fuss.

Still - I am glad he is ok, and I think his owners will be MUCH more careful from now on.