PDA

View Full Version : My vet is AWESOME!!!

catnapper
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Last week, I was at the vet to pick up Pouncer's prescription food and they asked me how I liked the tree. I was confused and told them I got the sympathy card (which I thought was sweet for them to send) but I didn't get a tree. They told me they ordered one for me and it should arrive any day.

I got this in the mail a few days ago.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/NickiTree.jpg

Hubby picked out the pot. I want to keep it indoors for a while and possibly get it large enough to use as a Christmas tree one year and then plant it outside once we move (thats going to be a couple years)

I want to do something decorative on the white lip of the pot, maybe a poem or deco-podge some pictures. I do know this pot will be outgrown fairly quickly.

Isn't my vet awesome?

I have a beautiful living tree to commemorate a beautiful girl. I miss her in so many ways. I keep catching myself saying "come on Nicki" she was my little shadow who followed me everywhere and she's now gone. I honestly feel blessed I had the time I did with her, I know I had her a lot longer than most people get with their large breed dogs.

moosmom
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
What a wonderful vet. Very compassionate and caring. You're very lucky to have someone like that.

kimlovescats
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM
What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I'm so sorry about Nikki, Kim, but what a nice way to remember her!

K9soul
07-15-2008, 07:47 PM
That is very sweet and a cute little tree. Did it say what kind it is specifically? I would not keep it in a pot very long. I'd plant it outside and then dig it up to take with you when you move in a couple years. Evergreen trees won't grow much or do well in a pot, they need the outdoor soil so the roots can develop and get natural nutrients from the soil. But they do transplant fairly well.

Laura's Babies
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
There are a bunch of great ones around.. I have one too that is always asking me for recipes and I have given him TONS of them. So we now are sharing recipes.

MoonandBean
07-15-2008, 08:19 PM
That's awesome!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-16-2008, 05:00 AM
How wonderfully kind :love:

lizbud
07-16-2008, 11:46 AM
What a sweet & loving thing to do. I agree, your Vet is awesome.:)

p.s. I love the new Nikki siggy too.:) It is beautiful.

jazzcat
07-16-2008, 07:54 PM
That is so nice. I like that idea.

My vet sent a card and then a week later I got a postcard saying they had made a donation to the Humane Society in Disney's name. I thought that was very nice.

CathyBogart
07-18-2008, 01:04 PM
What a fantastic gesture! Very sweet. :)