PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and thoughts for Winkie needed

Miss Z
07-15-2008, 05:54 AM
I thought I should start this thread so we can use a little PT magic for moosmom's rat, Winkie, whom I'm sure most of you know.

The poor little guy has gone downhill lately and isn't eating much. I know Donna is doing all she can to make him comfortable, but I remember well how hard it is to watch a precious rattie suffer. :(

Please keep Winkie and Donna in your thoughts!

Christmas_Hamster
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Oh Winkie I really do hope you feel better as your mommy, Donna really loves you. *good vibes*

moosmom
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh Zara,

This thread brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for asking for PT prayers. He's still not eating, he's lethargic and his breathing is labored. He has an appt with the vet tomorrow morning.

I rescued Winkie from becoming a snake's dinner at Petco and have had him for 2 years. He's developed testicular tumors. There are at least 3 that I can feel and one that is obvious.

I called a local vet and asked them WHEN THE TIME CAME, how much it would cost to have him humanely euthanized. $74!!!!:mad:

My devoted vet who helped me with the sick kittens said humane euthanization and cremation would be $25. So, we'll see what happens when Dr. Geer checks him out tomorrow. I feel so bad for him. When I take him out for exercise, all he does is sleep in the corner of my living room. He sleeps in the crook of my arm.

Prayers are what he needs right now.

Thanks for starting this thread, Zara.:love:

Angel_14
07-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I am so sorry about Winkie. I hope he starts to feel better.

Both of you will be in my thoughts.

moosmom
07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Angel14

Thank you.

I called the local vet back and gave them a piece of my mind. I will NEVER set foot in that place again. My daughter usually goes there to have her cat's nails clipped. We will now be going elsewhere.

Miss Z
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
That's OK, Donna, it's the least I could do. :love:

$74? That's insane! I'm glad though you can get him checked out by a vet you trust. I really, really hope it's not his time yet. :(

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/Ridinginthefield029.jpg

Casper
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh, my heart sank when I saw this thread.
I had no idea the little guy had testicular tumors, poor Winkie. I hope all goes well for him.

I am not sure what gives some vets the idea that they should charge so much for simple things. I know most of them around here charge $50-$75 just for taking a look at an exotic animal. Then plug in the shots and/or meds and it easily exceeds $100.

(((Hugs))) and good vibes headed that way for Winkie(and you, too, Donna!)
Both of you will be in my thought.

moosmom
07-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm really upset over this and hope it's something that can be treated.

Flossie,

Winkie wants you to know he loves you and is trying to stay strong for you.

Zara,

You're such a wonderful, kind and compassionate person. You'll make an awesome vet.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Donna

Miss Z
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Sadly little Winkie made his journey to the RB. We shall all miss him. :(

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2037610&posted=1#post2037610

Smarties
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Hope Winkie is doing ok! :love: i love animals (especially my pets)

Christmas_Hamster
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Winkie passed away a little while ago. :love:

TamanduaGirl
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Smarties
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh! :( poor Winkie

RIP Winkie, Say hi to Goldberg up there while your there!

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Marigold2
02-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh Winkie.... Play hard sweet angel.

moosmom
02-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Winkie had testicular tumors and one day stopped eating. When I took him to the vet, he said there was nothing he could really do for him. I asked about neutering and the vet said it would be pointless because there's no way to tell whether the cancer had spread.

I miss my little white guy. He gave me so much pleasure in his short little life. At least he was loved and not used as a snake's lunch.

Miss you Winkerdoodle!!!