PDA

View Full Version : Sad, frustrating day for Dog Rescuers

Freedom
07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
We have a local group who have been transporting dogs up from a high kill shelter in the Carolinas. The dogs show up on craigslist for adoption, regularly. (We have several groups doing this but the story is about this one in particular.)

The home of the transporter was raided (Wednesday?) and they found 23 dogs, mostly sick, none healthy, all in cramped dirty crates in their own feces. The whole operation has been shut down. I think one dog had to be euthanized, 2 were taken to an emergency vet, the rest went to the SPCA and other local shelters.

There have been raging debates on our local craigslist about adopting "out of state" dogs while we have plenty of dogs in our own shelters.

To me, doesn't matter which side of that debate you come down on. These poor dogs have been through one hell after another, from being in a shelter down south, to a horrible transport (cramped 2 to a crate, no a/c in the van), to the transporter's home, where they've been for upwards of 2 weeks.

I pray these dogs are able to recover and be beloved pets, so they can learn that there ARE humans who care.

Daisy and Delilah
07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
This is so sad, Sandie. Those poor doggies. I know this breaks your heart. Such a fine rescue person as you are, it has to be tearing you up. Please get well, doggies!!:(

jennielynn1970
07-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Why would a transporter keep them all locked up like that?? (I realize this is a rhetorical question... cause lord knows what he was thinking). I thought they were supposed to be one of the good guys? :( :mad:

I hope that things will get sorted out for the pups. Poor things.

jesse_3
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Why would a transporter keep them all locked up like that?? (I realize this is a rhetorical question... cause lord knows what he was thinking). I thought they were supposed to be one of the good guys? :( :mad:

Thats what I thought..2 to a crate and no a/c? I am shocked the dogs made it to their transporters home..This is a terrible story, prayers are being sent out to those poor dogs..

pitc9
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
:( Oh how sad.....

A GSD rescue out of NY had a similar thing happened not too long ago also.

People that do all they can to help, then get over whelmed and just won't stop or better yet... ASK FOR HELP!!!!

kimlovescats
07-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Absolutely sickening and very disheartening!!!:mad::(

lute
07-16-2008, 09:12 PM
That is just awful! I understand wanting to help homeless dogs, but if you aren't possibly capable of doing so then DON'T! I hope the dogs make it and can have happy healthy lives.