PDA

View Full Version : alternative to ebay?

critters
07-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I have assorted stuff, like books, DVDs, and computer games that I've been trying to get rid of on ebay. In the last couple of weeks, ebay has become so buggy that it's impossible to make a new listing most of the time. I'm completely clueless as to any alternatives to it, though. Any ideas, anybody? Thanks!

binka_nugget
07-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Try craigslist.com! :) I've bought/sold a lot using that site!

critters
07-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh! Thanks! I've heard of it, but I've never been there and didn't even think of it!! :o

Suki Wingy
07-12-2008, 12:59 PM
If it's specialty stuff you can try a Livejournal community. Like, if you have a lot of stuff pertaining to pets, you can probably find a community that is for people selling pet stuff.

Freedom
07-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I've also used craigslist to by and sell. It is more local, no shipping to figure out, folks come to you to pick up stuff. I only ever accept cash or, larger items, a bank check. NO personal check, don't want the hassle!

I only ever buy, from ebay. :rolleyes:

kt_luvs_kitties
07-12-2008, 04:38 PM
www.bidz.com Never used it though.

www.amazon.com LOVE IT!:D

Sevaede
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
There is Overstock.com in addition to those already mentioned! :D All of which, by the way, are great. :D I really second craigslist and livejournal communities.

critters
07-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much for all the ideas, everybody! Between the ones I'd never heard of and the ones I didn't think of I have plenty of options, which makes me feel MUCH better!