PDA

View Full Version : Free Kibble website

Rachel
07-11-2008, 06:49 PM
The NBC nightly news had a segment on about this little girl in Oregon who was *making a difference*. It was her idea to start something similar to the FreeRice website only this would provide dog food for shelter animals. She was inspired by the fact that so many families were turning in their pets to shelters due to losing their homes and other economic hardships.

I went to the website tonight - www.freekibble.com. It has a dog related question and it looks like you can only answer once per day. They have another section where you can answer cat questions for kibble for the kitties.(Look for it.) The questions were not necessarily easy ones but you earned the kibble whether you got it right or wrong. I got the dog one right and the cat one wrong.

Grace
07-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm glad you posted this. We were watching the news and also saw it. Took awhile to get there - think it must have been overloaded right after the broadcast.

Every little kibble helps.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for this!

kt_luvs_kitties
07-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Forgot to add, I got the doggie wrong and kitty right:p

I never knew their were lemon beagles:confused:

Karen
07-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Forgot to add, I got the doggie wrong and kitty right:p

I never knew their were lemon beagles:confused:

Yup - sorta like a "dilute" of a more traditional color. See:
http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2003/April/06.html for one picture!

fritz03
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Just went and answered the questions both dog and cat,got the dog one wrong and the cat question right,didn't know there were all those kinds of Beagles.

lizbud
07-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for posting this site. I saw the news report too but didn't check
it out right away. This is a great idea that the young girl came up with.:)

I got the cat question right & was wrong on what kind of dogs were
featured on Martha Stewart's show.

luvofallhorses
07-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks for posting this. I loved the segment on NBC! :) What a great little girl she is and I wish there were more like her in this world. She is making a huge difference in this world for homeless animals. I will add this to my favorites and check it every day. :)

Suki Wingy
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for posting it! I got the dog one right. (It was super easy, "What breed was Air Bud?" and the cat one wrong.

lizbud
07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Got them both right today. Although I guessed at the cat question.:)

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for posting this!! I sent it to everyone in my mailbox, hopefully they will all help out too =) I got both questions right.

Suki Wingy
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
They're easy questions today!

jennielynn1970
07-14-2008, 07:19 PM
This is a great site! I sent Mimi an email as well, telling her what a wonderful thing it is that she is doing, and such an inspiration to all of us. Also gave the web address for Pet Talk ;)

I also saw where you can copy the logos and put them on your sites/pages. I put one on my MySpace, so hopefully my friends will check it out as well!

I like that even if you get the question wrong, you still donated the kibble!

Jessika
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
That is such a great site; I'll have to tell my classmates about it

finn's mom
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
What a great site, I love the graphics and how simple and easy to use it is. I got the questions right today, although I guessed on the 2005 Westminster one. :)