PDA

View Full Version : New Ch Brother For Elmer!!!!

phesina
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Just wanted to let you all know.. we have a new family member, another Cerebellar Hypoplasia boy named Bob!.. for more update, see in Cat Rescue http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2035409#post2035409

kb2yjx
07-11-2008, 04:45 PM
The Clan is so happy to know that your new kitty is adjusting to your family!!! You did a good thing!!!!

catmandu
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
AND WE KNOW THAT OUR PET ANGELS ARE TELLING BOB:love:, THAT HES HIT THE JACKPOT:cool: IN FURREVER HOMES:love: AND HAS FOUND A WONDERFUL MEEEOWMIE WHO WILL MAKE SURE THAT HE NEVER WANTS FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.:love::cool:
WE CANT WAIT TO SEE BOB, THE LUCKY CAT:)

Laura's Babies
07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
CH POWER! CH POWER! CH KITTIES RULE... Welcome to our PT family Bob, I will be your friend, my name is Amy and I am a CH girlie girl. Will you be my :love:friend? Amy

phesina
07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Dear Amy I would love love love :love::love::love: to be your special :love: friend! From your pictures I can see just what a beautiful lovely treasure you are, and I am delighted to meet you!

I am a mature, seasoned gentleman of 8 (maybe 9) years of age, and I am just beginning to explore my new home.

Right on, sister... CHers rule!

Love from
Your devoted Bobby

critters
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
What kind of function does he have? Not crash & thrash like Ari, I expect!! :D

phesina
07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
He can get around pretty well. He wobbles as he walks and sometimes falls over. He hasn't been "out" yet enough for me to get a real good sense of how agile he is.

He was out exploring the living room today. He found a couple of cat beds on the floor he tried out. Then he found the one-story kitty condo, so he curled up in there all afternoon. I gave him some food in the condo.. some "Wellness" chicken kibble that's the main diet here. He ate some, then got up and headed back to his private salon, a.k.a. the bathroom.

His bathroom, too! That's where his special litter box is. Speaking of which, he still hasn't peed or pooped.. at least not that I've found. Perhaps there are some surprises waiting for me far back in the condo or behind the toilet?

The other cats have looked at him, and he growls in a cranky manner, but there have been no overt hostilities and no agressive behavior. I think he's going to settle in just fine!

Laura's Babies
07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
To my friend :love:Bobby, Amy here! I think we are perfect for friends! I will have a birthday next month and will be about 6 (I think). I use to have another friend here Eli but I don't know whatever happened to him. I am a lovie little girl, I tremble and shake but I can run like the wind! Can you run? If you can, we can chase each other for fun! WHOOPIE!! Amy

critters
07-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Is there any chance he used a box while he was out? If not, yeah, you probably have some surprises somewhere! :o Are you using the handicat dog box with him, or something else? I'm getting ready to cut up a middle-size tote box for Ar.

phesina
07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
He did a couple of big jobs in his litter box last night! Whew!

I don't know what the name of this box is. Someone else got it for Elmer when he was at the shelter, and it came with him when he came here to live.

I will see if I can find out the brand name. I think someone said they sell them at Petsmart.

phesina
07-13-2008, 07:37 PM
To my friend :love:Bobby, Amy here! I think we are perfect for friends! I will have a birthday next month and will be about 6 (I think). I use to have another friend here Eli but I don't know whatever happened to him. I am a lovie little girl, I tremble and shake but I can run like the wind! Can you run? If you can, we can chase each other for fun! WHOOPIE!! Amy

My dearest Amy, I can get around just fine when I want to.. I wobble when I walk but I get where I want to go. I bet we can have a great time chasing each other!

I think you are the perfect age for me, and I'm so happy to have met you so soon, right after I got here!

From your devoted loving swain, Bobby :love::love::love::love::love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Yippie, another sweet CH-cat here on PT!!!

welcome!!

from Inka (CH kitty too)

phesina
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you, Inka!

CH Kitties rule!!!!!

lvpets2002
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
:love: Welcome Bob our newest CH baby.. I hear that you and Amy are a couple now.. Just wait till the next Found Cats Uncle Gary Party & Taccoa & Elmer will be double dating with Bob & Amy.. Many Congrats on your New FurrEver Home..

Here is Pat's & furr clann's Bob ** YES YES CH KITTIES RULE **

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/bob20small.jpg

cassiesmom
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Dear Bob,

Welcome! How are you adapting to your new home? I did not know about CH until I came to Pet Talk. Now I have met Amy, Inka, ButterScotch, Elmer and Taccoa. I know a little about it now but still learning. You are a most handsome kitty guy! Please ask your meowmie to give you a gentle *pet* of welcome for me. Maybe a skritchie on the head, too, if you like those.

Thank you,
Elyse

phesina
07-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Hello Elyse! I am learning my way around here. I've been finding all the nicest, most comfy places to curl up in. There are some other cats here. Mostly I just growl at them. They leave me alone, but sometimes one of them, the youngest and funniest-looking one, pesters me. What a nuisance!

Thank you for asking about me, and I'll make sure my new meowmie gives me the pet and the skritchie. Yes, I do like those!

Your friend,
Bob

P.S., Meowmie here.. Bob is coming along and getting used to his new home. He is very soft and sweet. By the way, the "nuisance" pest he refers to above is none of than his CH brother Elmer! Elmer is fearless and likes to provoke little wrestling matches and chases with his siblings. He and Poppy really get into it sometimes! But Bob is NOT interested.

The condition seems to have manifested itself differently in the two of them. Elmer has very long legs and a skinny tubular body. He looks like a small, short-necked giraffe or a colt or fawn... skinny legs that he spreads apart to help him balance and walks on wobbly almost as if they were stilts. Bob on the other hand looks like a regular cat, but he walks relatively low to the ground and often falls over as if his legs were not sturdy.

They are both sweet little guys, and I love them dearly. (As I do their other roommates Sydney and Peony and Poppy.)