PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Lose Weight and get in better shape?

sparks19
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Get yourself Dance Dance Revolution. LOL

I played this for the first time at my brothers house just over a month ago. WOW you work up quite a sweat.

I have always had trouble with exercise because it's always so boring for me lol I can never find anything that I enjoy. Well I enjoy dancing and since I don't have a vehicle to take dance classes or join a dance group... Dance Dance Revolution seemed like the next best thing. it's fun and it's a game lol.

I got my DDR in the mail today and have been playing it almost non stop since I got it lol. it's hard at first but even just having it a few hours I am getting more used to the movements and it's getting easier to do a bit more challenging stuff.

But most of all... I was getting a good workout. I could feel that burn in my muscles that is sometimes hard for me to work through. I always want to give up but this was so much fun I just worked through it and before I knew it the burn was gone and I was just building up a good sweat and having a good time :)

I think this is a better work out than going for a run lol PHEW.

binka_nugget
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I concur! :D I've been playing DDR for years.. one day I'll buy an actual arcade machine LOL It's a wonderful way to work up a sweat!

RockyRoad
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I completely agree with you! I`m constantly going on and off diets, because I hate exercising. I never liked treadmills or any of that sort of thing. So I started using DDR and boy did it work! And I didn`t mind it at all. I do the option where you can set it for a certain amount of calories, and it tells me after each song I "dance" to how many calories I`ve burned. Very neat and fun way to get into shape! :)

Taz_Zoee
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I am SOOO lazy. :mad: Bruce got me one for Xmas and I've used it maybe twice. It's too much trouble to drag it out, hook it up and then figure out how to configure the darn TV (projector) to get it working. :(
But yes, it is lots of FUN!! :D

lizbud
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Congrats on finding something that's fun & also good for your health.:)

Ginger's Mom
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I think if that had been out when I was in my teens and twenties, and even thirties, I would have loved it. But now... :o Do they have a version for the more, um, mature people? ;)

sparks19
07-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I completely agree with you! I`m constantly going on and off diets, because I hate exercising. I never liked treadmills or any of that sort of thing. So I started using DDR and boy did it work! And I didn`t mind it at all. I do the option where you can set it for a certain amount of calories, and it tells me after each song I "dance" to how many calories I`ve burned. Very neat and fun way to get into shape! :)

That's AWESOME. I haven't explored my game very much yet so I hope mine has that option too. that is so cool.

Alysser
07-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I got one for Christmas I think 2006 and I've used it twice. I used to play it at my best friends house all the time. I love the game, but I'm just too lazy to play. Plus the TV in the living room is crap. :rolleyes: I need to use it more. It really is more fun then my stupid treadmill which I do use! Thanks for the reminder lol. What levels have you gotten to? I can only do like beginner. But I can do the hard songs with that level.

sparks19
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I got one for Christmas I think 2006 and I've used it twice. I used to play it at my best friends house all the time. I love the game, but I'm just too lazy to play. Plus the TV in the living room is crap. :rolleyes: I need to use it more. It really is more fun then my stupid treadmill which I do use! Thanks for the reminder lol. What levels have you gotten to? I can only do like beginner. But I can do the hard songs with that level.

Oh I am still training hahaha. I just got it today.

Actually today just for fun I tried it on basic in the game mode (it really is quite a bit harder than beginner lol) and I wasn't great. but I was better than when I first started haha.

My biggest problem is that when I play the house shakes. it's an old house and the upper floor shakes even when we walk lol. I can't wait to get into the new house and then I won't feel like I am going to fall through the floor any second haha