PDA

View Full Version : toy questions for "Dog People"

critters
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
These are the prototype dog toys my crafter came up with, and they're made out of jute. http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11713 Besides this green, and, of course, natural brown, the other colors of jute that I was planning to get for her (red, blue, pink, etc.) are $7 a roll HIGHER. This would add, like, $3 to the cost of a toy. I'm wondering if it's worth it to people or a "don't bother." Also, should we have bigger sizes of the "Moon Pies?" (We need a name for them. LOL) I thought maybe the 4 inch ones would suffice for little puppers and big ones too, but what do I know??

Thanks for your thoughts!!

binka_nugget
07-11-2008, 10:32 AM
The link doesn't work :(

critters
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Let's see if this one works; if so, I'll change the other... http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11713

Ginger's Mom
07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
The link works now. I would say hold off on getting additional colors for a while. I think the green and brown are fine for now. If they get very popular and people want to be able to tell "Sissy's" toys from "Buddy's" toys you may need to add more colors, but for my household and most of my friends, colors of the toys don't matter as much as safety and durablity. Also $3.00 per toy sounds like a big difference. How much are you asking for the ones you have made?

critters
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for replying! They'll probably be about $5, maybe a little less. Maybe one day the company will have a sale on the jute colors so we can have them, but I thought people might prefer cheaper over more colors too. LOL

binka_nugget
07-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I agree -- Hold off on the colors for now. I don't really give a hoot about colors so long as they last.. especially with Keeva. :p

kt_luvs_kitties
07-12-2008, 02:35 AM
I agree, hold off and see how many sell. They look well made though. GOOD LUCK!

critters
07-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks very much for the confirmation everybody! I've met so many dog people lately that have their puppers in matching clothes & stuff that I wasn't sure anymore! :eek: