PDA

View Full Version : Any members who are Tom Petty fans?

ChrisH
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I re-discovered his music a few months ago and have to say I've fallen totally in love with it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/love.gif I have 3 albums on my mp3 so far and have just bought two more from Amazon. If there were such a thing as a rock 'n roll poet it would be he, and the music that accompanies his lyrics is excellent. Put all together it gives me great joy. :D

RockyRoad
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I love Tom Petty. :D Full Moon Fever is my favorite album of his, and the first one I was introduced to. I agree, the music definitely compliments the lyrics well and I love listening to his songs.. they`ve definitely been high on my playlist when times were difficult. :)

lvpets2002
07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
:love: Oh yes I am bigg fann of Tom Petty & the Heart Breakers.. I just found his newest CD from his origanal group the Mudcrutch.. Mudcrutch was the original band that Tom Petty started with but they broke up after 1 yr.. They just within the last six months got back together to do this latest CD.. Its great..

Ginger's Mom
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I love Tom Petty. I think he is talented enough to appeal to people of many different tastes and genres.

Randi
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for reminding me, it has probably been 15 years since I've heard Tom Petty. Can't remember any titles right now, but I like his music. :)

Chris, what other music do you like from back then?

Kfamr
07-11-2008, 02:53 PM
How funny! I'm listening to Wildflowers at the moment - it's my current Myspace song. I LOVE Tom Petty.

He will be here on the 16th and I hope I am able to go! :)

jennielynn1970
07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I absolutely love Tom Petty. He's an amazing artist! I love how he's also really upfront about his views on things.

His video with Alice in Wonderland still gives me the heebie jeebies though.. Alice being a cut into slices as cake freaked me out, lol! :o

Jessika
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't know if I would call myself a "fan", but I grew up listening to his music and whether I like it or not (it isn't shuffled on my MP3 player, for example), it always brings back childhood memories spending time in the car with my dad :)

chocolatepuppy
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Tom Petty fan here.:love:

wolf_Q
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm a Tom Petty fan! :) I'd definitely see him in concert if he ever came here.

ChrisH
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Yay! It's great to find there are quite a few fellow Petty admirers on the board! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/7.gif

I love Tom Petty. :D Full Moon Fever is my favorite album of his, and the first one I was introduced to. I agree, the music definitely compliments the lyrics well and I love listening to his songs.. they`ve definitely been high on my playlist when times were difficult. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/wave.gif Hi, Britt, good to see you posting, it's been quite a while.

How funny! I'm listening to Wildflowers at the moment - it's my current Myspace song. I LOVE Tom Petty.
He will be here on the 16th and I hope I am able to go! :)
That is one of the albums I have on my mp3 & pute. I love every song on there with "You Don't Know How it Feels" & the title track just edging into joint favourites.
I hope you get go see him too.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/8a63548a.gif Good Luck.

T
Chris, what other music do you like from back then?
Wow, Randi, hard to say. '76, when Tom & the Heartbreakers began up until '81 I was in a kind of musical wilderness as far as any new type rock music was concerned. My hubby was a country music and older rock music fan and that was what we mostly listened to.
Middle '81 onward? Let me think ... Adam & the Ants, Roxy Music, Whitesnake, Kiss, ACDC, Prince, U2 of course, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, INXS ... and lots more I can't think of at the moment. :D

Anyone got the Runnin' Down a Dream dvd box set? If not I recommend it. I got it yesterday but so far have only listened to the CD and watched disc one, the first of the two documentary ones. Really interesting.

Glacier
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Love him. "The Waiting" is one of my favorite songs.

But I HATE the Travelling Willburys. I like all of that group's members indivdually, but cant' stand them as a group. If I never hear their gawd-awful version of "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" again, I will be a happy camper. Done by the Headstones, it's my all time favorite song(barring Steve Earle songs of course). Done by the Willburys, it makes me want to puncture my eardrums!:eek:

kitten645
07-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I love Tom! American Girl is my ringtone! I also love Woman in Love, Here Comes My Girl, and Listen To Her Heart. That was my favorite Petty era but I love his style and voice no matter what he does. Traveling Wilbury's weren't my favorite either but I love Tom. He puts on a really great show as well. Several years ago he did a weeks worth of shows at the Fillmore in SF rather than do one huge stadium show. It was fantastic seeing him in such a great venue! Hope he comes around again soon.
Claudia

Twisterdog
07-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Love him. ... But I HATE the Travelling Willburys.

Amen to that!

I have been a Tom Petty fan since I was in middle school. Interestingly, my seventeen year old son also loves him.

K9karen
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM
My 4 y.o step granddaughter LOVES him! She's already exhibiting great taste!

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Tom Petty fan here too! I always crank up the radio when I hear one of his songs on. Oddly enough I got into listening to him when I was younger and my parents didn't lol. Dad is a country/blues/jazz fan and mom likes new age and 80s new wave lol.

My music taste is a wierd amalgamation of all the stuff I grew up with. I guess thats why I like just about everything now lol :D

Randi
07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Chris, isn't that funny... here we are getting "old", and we still like rock'n roll. :D John was lucky, he went with Alvin Lee to a Whitesnake concert in London - backstage of course (Hammersmith 1980 I think it was), and came back with a great tape! I still have it. :)