PDA

View Full Version : How much water do you drink?

binka_nugget
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm trying to stick with a healthier lifestyle. I'm starting to run every day, and plan to ease into adding yoga and swimming to my repertoire. Included is eating healthier food and drinking lots of water.

I'm trying to drink 8 cups of water a day. I never realized how little water I drank until now! :eek:

So how much water do you drink on a daily basis?

Suki Wingy
07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I really depends on what I'm doing. When I'm at work, a lot. Probably near 6 cups of water and 3 cans of pop. At home on a normal day I may have about three and a can of pop. If I am riding, I usually drink a whole nalgene bottle's worth, plus whatever I have durring the day.

Taz_Zoee
07-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I always have a bottle of water with me. At my desk I have a 2 1/2 gal jug of water that I refill my 16.9 fl oz bottle with. The 2 1/2 gal jug will usually last me about 2 weeks. And this is just at work. I also drink lots at home. However, I drink lots of water, but I do not eat healthy enough and I need to exercise more.
This is funny, a co-worker and I were just talking about water intake yesterday. She hadn't even finished one bottle of water at 3:30 in the afternoon. She was upset with herself.

Karen
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Usually at least 4 or so bottles of water - it is all I usually drink, unless we go out somewhere, and I get iced tea.

jackie
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I drink about 5-6 litres a day. I am always thirsty!

boomersooner
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't drink nearly enough.....I always feel better when I do make it a point to drink a lot of water.....I heard somewhere that you take your weight...and drink half of that in ounces...for example, if you weighed 150 pounds then you need to drink 75 ounces of water daily.

Cincy'sMom
07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I am much better about it during the week then on the weekends. At work, I try to drink 4-6 16 oz glasses a day, then I ususally have at least 1 bottle at home in the evening. Weeknds....not so good!

Taz_Zoee
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I am much better about it during the week then on the weekends. At work, I try to drink 4-6 16 oz glasses a day, then I ususally have at least 1 bottle at home in the evening. Weeknds....not so good!

Me too!! And then I start feeling icky and realize it's because I'm not drinking enough (or any) water!!

Miss Z
07-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Probably not nearly enough. Drinking lots makes me feel full up all the time. I think I drink more coffe than water. :o

Catty1
07-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I usually get 6 - 8 cups in. I didn't have this habit til a few years ago...and I read that many people are more dehydrated than they realize!

I think a person is supposed to have 2 cups of water for every cup of coffee? I drink swiss water decaf, so don't know what difference it makes.

When I had a slight headache and all the day after my surgery last year, the nurse had me up my water intake (she added diet Ginger Ale at my request! LOL). That flushed out the morphing and anesthetic, and I felt better! Water's a great cleanser!

Alysser
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I drink ALOT and I mean ALOT at work, I work outdoors and it's SO hot. But at home in A/C I'm fine. When I'm out with friends I usually drink soda or something.

boomersooner
07-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I drink ALOT and I mean ALOT at work, I work outdoors and it's SO hot. But at home in A/C I'm fine. When I'm out with friends I usually drink soda or something.

I know from your picture that you work at Six Flags.....THAT is a hot job!!!!! I know the Six Flags over Texas is like no breeze in an asphalt jungle!!!! I'm glad you do drink lots and lots of water to be safe!

Laura's Babies
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I LOVE water and I think I drink to much of it. I always have a glass of ice water within reach and a bottle of water with me when I leave the house
I do drink coffee in the morning and a glass of tea once a day and that is ALL I drink.. coffee, 1 glass of tea and water.. (sometimes I make it sweet tea, other times unsweetened.. I like both)

Jessika
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
None, sadly, or very little... sometimes I'll fill up a HUGE glass and drink it because I'm so thirsty and its close to bedtime and I don't want/need the caffeine keeping me awake... but otherwise... I hate water. I hate the taste. And yes I know water is "tasteless" but any avid water drinkers know that yes, it DOES have a taste! I hate tap, I hate bottled, culligan water is probably the one thing I can stand to drink without being forced to, and my inlaws DO have a reverse osmosis filter on their sink I don't mind drinking out of. But on the whole, I stick to soda, tea, lemonade, juice... HJ always tells me how dehydrated I am and I'll drink a big glass but otherwise I can't stand it :(

chocolatepuppy
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Water is my drink of choice, I defiantly get my 8 cups a day.;)

kitten645
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I've always been a "camel" as my mother called me. She used to worry about me when I was little cause I drink so much water! Now everyone tells me that's why I've got great skin!
I definately get at least eight glasses a day...at LEAST! My new problem now is that the restroom at my new (1 year) job is REALLY FAR AWAY!!! I have to be very aware of my "timing" so I'm not RUNNING thru the store at the last minute! LOL! :eek:
Claudia

kt_luvs_kitties
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Never ever, sadly. I only drink mountain dew. I dont like other sodas,tea,coffee.. I dont like the taste, but water is the worst.

Very embarrassing to admit though:o

jennielynn1970
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Basically water is all I drink. It's seltzer water, so it has some fizz to it, but nothing else. Our water here in the city is disgusting, and I refuse to drink it. I cook with it, do laundry, and shower with it, but that's all. I go through 2 liters of seltzer a day, more if it's really hot.

During the school year I take 3 gallon jugs of water with me to work a week because the water there is even more disgusting. Since I'm not at middle school, and have a decent schedule, I can drink throughout the day. When I taught at elementary, I drank little during the day because I could only pee before 9am, and then after 3pm. The schedule was horrible!

I do drink Simply Limeade, and Orange Mango juice, but I also mix them with seltzer (1 part juice, 3 parts seltzer) so that there is less sugar with the juice. If I didn't, I'd drink the whole bottle of juice in one sitting. I love juice, but it's way too full of sugar!

K9karen
07-11-2008, 11:21 PM
:o Not enough, unfortunately. I try to drink 4-5 bottles of Fruit 2-O every day, but alas! Wine and coffee get in the way. Oh and Diet Pepsi. My bad.

Giselle
07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, I must be the oddball!

I don't drink soda. I occasionally drink juice, tea, and coffee, but I consider those treats.

I drink plain water. I don't like add-ins like fruit or cucumber or mint. Just give me plain water :D

P.S. For all you soda fans, keep in mind that a 20 oz. bottle of soda contains 17 teaspoons of sugar and a whole bunch of acid that corrodes your teeth enamel. I remember hearing that from a nutritionist one time and it never left my brain. To this day, I'm practically soda-phobic.

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm also trying to drink more water these days. I recently bought a Mini-Water U jug that holds 1.1 liters or 36oz. so it says that I'm supposed to fill it twice to get my daily 8 glasses of water. So far I can only manage to drink 1 jug full. I also drink a glass of orange juice in the morning and during the week I usually have at least 3 diet cokes throughout the day which also contain water in them. I know that soda isn't the best for me but I need the caffeine to help get me through the day.

Kfamr
07-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Water is my drink of choice, as well. I use a 32 ounce cup at work and probably fill it 5-6 times a day. I also bring it home and fill it mutiple times there.

ramanth
07-12-2008, 05:35 PM
As much as I can. I keep a bottle of water at work and refill it throughout the day. I was hospitalized once from dehydration. I never want to experience that again.

I drink pop or coffee once in awhile as a treat.

moosmom
07-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I drink A LOT of water (anywhere from 16 to 56 ounces a day). That's all I drink. I'll have one coffee a day. Occasionally I'll have a diet soda, but it's only when I go out to eat.

My skin is the best it's been in a long time. I'm sure my kidneys are in good shape too. :p

shais_mom
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I try to drink about 60 oz a day....
I feel better when I do - my kidneys start to hurt (I swear) if I don't drink as much as I should.

RedHedd
07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
A lot! I have a HUGE (I think 32 oz.) cup that I have @ my desk at work and usually drink at least one of those. At home I'm constantly sucking on Crystal Light, Snapple diet iced teas or just plain water.