PDA

View Full Version : This video made me completely sick to my stomach.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-11-2008, 03:54 AM
I dont know about you, but I think this video should be removed. It in my opinion is animal neglect and abuse. What if he fell? SHAME on the owners for not snatching him off, instead of taping. I pray he NEVER goes outside again! And this was on a cute/funny animal video site nonetheless:mad:
I did not think it was funny at all.
http://www.maniacworld.com/another-crazy-cat.html

moosmom
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Another example of STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS!!! I'd like to shove that video camera where the sun don't shine. Maybe then they'd get the idea. That's pure animal abuse if you ask me.

I could't watch the whole thing. I was afraid to see what happened to him. I hope he's okay.

Alysser
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
WOW :eek: They are VERY lucky cats are so agile!! What a moron. I wouldn't call it animal abuse, but it certainly isn't funny nor something someone NORMAL would ever let a cat do. Holy crap, if I was the neighbor and I'd seen that I would have taken the cat into my apartment.

Laura's Babies
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNER! :mad:

Suki Wingy
07-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't call it abuse, but I'd probably pick the cat up and put him inside.

Karen
07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
I would not call it abuse, as the cat looks completely comfortable on that railing the entire time. I wouldn't doubt that he does that often, he's so sure of himself. Is it smart to let him do that? No, but the cat stays on the edge until it decides to jump down, and does not get hurt at all.

Miss Z
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I would not call it abuse, as the cat looks completely comfortable on that railing the entire time. I wouldn't doubt that he does that often, he's so sure of himself. Is it smart to let him do that? No, but the cat stays on the edge until it decides to jump down, and does not get hurt at all.

Agreed. If the cat had been afraid of the great height, he would have jumped down and cleared off. He was not being forced on that rail of the balcony. Still, if it had been me, I wouldn't have been filming but tempting him down with treats or toys.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-12-2008, 02:48 AM
I still think it is wrong. In my mind, knowing a animal is in harms way, and not stopping it, is abuse, in my opinion anyways.

The cat does not know it could fall and die. The human does:(

Poor cat. I hope someone poofs him and he doesnt get hurt. I had nightmares about this kitty. Had a hard time falling asleep as well....

krazyaboutkatz
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't call it animal abuse either but I also wouldn't allow any of my cats to do this. One time Storm opened up my screen door to my balcony which is on the second floor and most of my furkids got out. By the time I noticed, Sky was up on top of the railing just like this cat. He scared me so much that I ran out there and grabbed him and brought him back inside again. Now I try to make sure that none of my cats go out.