PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever have a morning like this?

Pam
07-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Some mornings go more smooth than others. Today, while the dogs were out, I fed Andy. As I was putting the food into his bowl my arm bumped something and dry kitty kibble went everywhere and I mean everywhere! Got that cleaned up and let the dogs back in. Bella was COVERED in some kind of leafy/dirty junk (part of our yard does not have grass). She obviously rolled in it and it all stuck in her curls. :rolleyes: She was filthy! After brushing that out I refilled the water bowl for the dogs. Harlee, who is still here, ran right over to the bowl and started drinking. I was filling another bowl when I heard Bella drinking water. I was :confused: but quickly realized that she was drinking out of the toilet! Hubby had left the seat up! :mad: Then ...back to the kitchen to find that Harlee had dribbled some major water all over the floor. Can't get used to a big dog with "lips." LOL! So, the first half hour of my day was spent on clean up patrol. Anyone else have a morning routine that gets derailed by their pets? The only thing that didn't happen that probably should have, was for me to step on a wet hairball! (after all, I was in bare feet!) :p

anna_66
07-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Oh Pam, I feel ya!
I've had quite a few mornings like that, especially with 4 dogs-one of those dogs has those BIG lips! That's why our water is kept outside;)

I hope the rest of your day goes better:D

MoonandBean
07-10-2008, 07:12 AM
My morning routine has needed an hour tacked on to it to tend to 1 puppy and 2 cats. AND...to make matters worse, we don't sleep in this house anymore and it's not because of Sunny. It's BEAN! I will post my problems with him in the cat behavior section....Yawn....

Freedom
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Oh YES, Pam, as a multi pet household, I've had morning, afternoons, and evenings like that! (Thankfully not all 3 in one day!) It is amazing the number of things which can gum up the works, huh?

Hope the rest of your day settles down. Get yourself a nice breakfast and just slowly enjoy and relax again.

Laura's Babies
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I can not clean a litter box without bumping the scoop on the side on the way out with it and getting litter everywhere outside the box. The more careful I try to be, the bigger the mess! If it weren't for my girls, my house would stay clean but I would rather have a dirty house with them in it than a clean one without my furry companions.

boomersooner
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I think everyone with even just one pet can feel your pain!!! My morning always starts around 1-3 a.m. because Cassie has to go out or there will be a big mess to clean up (14 year old bladder and intestines!) Boomer is the messiest eater and drinker because he always has something else on his mind and doesn't pay attention to what he is doing....and I usually have to play the "I've got something I'm not supposed to have and you can't get it back from me" game. All you can do is just laugh! Some mornings it is easier than others:)

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I always have a strict routine in the morning. And since getting Paizly that routine has been altered. I'm still trying to get into the new routine. The other morning I stepped in some Taz puke on the hardwood floor in my bare feet. :mad: Luckily the hardwood makes for easy clean up, but YUCK!!

But yes, I have had mornings like that and it makes me dread the rest of the day. LOL I hope the rest of your day goes off without a hitch. :D

smokey the elder
07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
It never fails; when I'm running late, someone has a bolt'n'barf and I have to clean up *warm* cat yak. Spike (my CH) leaves a trail of "output" in the general vicinity of the litter box. Everyone's water tower needs filling. I can't find Moby's insulin. Blah, blah, blah.:p;)

kt_luvs_kitties
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
With 15 cats, 3 outside "strays" and Joey, EVERY morning is like that! Try adding TWO hours every morning. Not to mention puke clean ups, Joeys ovenight accidents, switching cats that dont get along in and out of rooms, it is painstaking and alot of work... BUT I love them so I deal with it one day at a time.

Nothing puts excitement into your morning like stepping in cat puke and smearing it into the carpet:rolleyes:

boomersooner
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
With 15 cats, 3 outside "strays" and Joey, EVERY morning is like that! Try adding TWO hours every morning. Not to mention puke clean ups, Joeys ovenight accidents, switching cats that dont get along in and out of rooms, it is painstaking and alot of work... BUT I love them so I deal with it one day at a time.

Nothing puts excitement into your morning like stepping in cat puke and smearing it into the carpet:rolleyes:

I just can't imagine!!!! I sometimes can't handle my two dogs, two kids and husband....not to mention myself!!!! You are amazing!

lizbud
07-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, what a morning.:) Did you even have time for a cup of coffee?

You deserve for the rest of the day to be smooth & easy.:)

Pam
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM

LOL! It's even more exciting when it is early morning and the sun hasn't quite come up yet and you don't know right away what you have stepped in (not that any of it could be good!!) :eek: :p

Yes, I agree with many of you. It is crazy sometimes but I wouldn't be without them for the world (I just would prefer that this stuff all happen after I have had my cup of coffee!) :p

jazzcat
07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I can relate. With seven cat, three of which are long hair and it's shedding season (and hairball barfing season) each morning is full of one clean up after another. Add on the fact that I'm a major clutz and you get the picture.

I really think at least one of the cats has figured out to lick his paws before he steps into the litterbox so he'll be sure to track it for yards.

catlover4ever
07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Pam I can relate. Just this AM I took out the trash (which leaked all over the floor), was spooning out the cats food when the spoon fell on the floor sending the gravy from the can everywhere, and someone threw up a fur ball. Then just as I'm leaving I look over to the counter and the cat's food is still on the counter...I never put it down for the gang to eat....no wonder I was getting funny looks from everyone.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Just HAD to add this;

I know its afternoon, but I just bursted out laughing when I walked into my laundry room and saw my whole floor, BLUE!

Earlier I heard a bang and Amos went barrelling through the house. I could not go check it out, I was watching a 2 year old today and was trying to feed her.

Amos knocked a FULL 78 ounce bottle of detergent I bought yesterday behind the washer, and it broke the top off:rolleyes: I just realized it is all over, draining from behind the dryer. *PERFECT< JUST PERFECT*

I just had to laugh, when normally I would say expletives while cleaning up.... I just thought of this thread! Thanks Pam :p;):D

Cookiebaker
07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
haha, yes, Pam I certainly can relate! :rolleyes: After all that, its definitely time to sit with your cup of coffee and put your feet up with some kitty and doggy cuddles! Then you will remember why it is all soooo worth it. :D

Pam
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Just HAD to add this;
Amos knocked a FULL 78 ounce bottle of detergent I bought yesterday behind the washer, and it broke the top off:rolleyes: I just realized it is all over, draining from behind the dryer. *PERFECT< JUST PERFECT*

:eek::eek::eek: Well I think that you have certainly had the worst day of all That sounds like a MAJOR clean-up job! Don't you just love it when the culprit high tails it out of there! :p :p I am glad you were able to smile! :D

Ahhh, yes, spilled cat litter, leaky trash bags, detergent oozing all over the floor, a stroll through kitty throw-up - just a few of the things that make up our days! Thanks for sharing! :)

RICHARD
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I was filling another bowl when I heard Bella drinking water. I was :confused: but quickly realized that she was drinking out of the toilet! Hubby had left the seat up! :mad:

OH, blame it on the man......;)

The only thing I have to worry about is the roving water bowl........A.K.A. Lake Edward!;)

pitc9
07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Pam, I sure hope that your day got better after all of that!

chocolatepuppy
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
The only thing that didn't happen that probably should have, was for me to step on a wet hairball!

Got ya covered there Pam! There was a hairball waiting for me when I got home, I didn't step in it though.;) And yes, I've had mornings like that.:rolleyes:

K9karen
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
So Pam..whenever you feel like a refreshing cocktail..you know where and how to find me!