PDA

View Full Version : Wish my mom luck

DJFyrewolf36
07-10-2008, 04:23 AM
First Max, then my mom!
This is good news for her though :D
She is getting her insulin pump tomorrow which means further freedom for her. No more having to stop and test her blood sugar every few hours, the pump does it automatically and the data can be downloaded to her computer via wireless. Also she doesn't have to bring her insulin with her when she goes hiking. The insulin pump doctor is coming to her house tomorrow and inserting the needle for it and making sure all the components work properly. Please wish my mom luck that all goes well and that everything works!

Freedom
07-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh how wonderful! My Dad doesn't qualify for a pump, he is older and doesn't have the memory, coordination, etc. to manage it.

Super news, Best Wishes Mom!!!

Karen
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Prayers on the way for a seamless and happy transition to more independence!

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Good luck MOM!! :D

Wow, I looked the insulin pump up and it looks very interesting. My dad is diabetic and gets shots everyday. But he probably wouldn't qualify for it either. Besides, I think my mom enjoys "shooting" him everyday. :p

And it sounds like your mom is so active that this will be a great solution for her. I wish her the best. :)

DJFyrewolf36
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys :)

Mom has a lot of health problems, but the doctors have told her that staying active really does a lot of good at keeping things running right. Mom enjoys walking with her pup, Twilight and now she can walk her even more!
I guess that means that Twilight will loose some weight! (the vet said at her last check up that she was a bit plush lol ;))

jesse_3
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
How wonderful for both Mom and Twilight! I wish your mom the best with her insulin pump. It sounds like it is going to help her out a lot!