PDA

View Full Version : Video of the Day

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2008, 03:14 PM
This video was emailed to me. It brought tears to my eyes.....happy tears.
Oh, and I checked snopes and it is true. :)

Christian the lion (http://videos.komando.com:80/2008/06/26/christian-the-lion/)

(My apologies if this has already been posted)

jennielynn1970
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
That was just the sweetest thing ever!! I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I just can't imagine raising him and then setting him out in the wild to fend for himself, never knowing what would happen to him... only to go back later not knowing if he was still alive, and then be greeted like that! I don't know how I could leave!

Medusa
07-08-2008, 03:41 PM
That was absolutely wonderful! Thank you!

gini
07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I have seen this video and also longer versions of it - I have watched them over and over again.

And, I cry every single time.

In the longer version a lioness from his pride joins them - and the two men are able to pet her as well.

If you google "Christian the Lion" you will receive many other links for Christian.

Thanks for posting - I needed a good cry this afternoon before going back to work!:D

CathyBogart
07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I was JUST coming on to post this!! I love this video. :)

boomersooner
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
okay, add me to the list of those with tears running down their faces.....wonderful video!!

Suki Wingy
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't click the link since I'm at work, but I do have a DVD I bought for $1 at Target last year about "Christian, the Lion Who Thought He Was People" :p Is that what this is? I liked it a lot, too bad about Boy though. :( I still couldn't imagine how incredibly trusting he was up until the end.

Miss Z
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
That's amazing, and SO sweet! :love: The music fits the video perfectly.

CathyBogart
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Here is the longer version, including the bit where Christian introduces them to his wife. :D

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/07/eat-your-heart.html

Casper
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Simply amazing. :]
Proof that true love lasts forever.

Suki Wingy
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Yup, same movie I bought for $1, just jazzed up some with touchy music and captions. If anyone wants me to, I can post the whole video on Youtube, if you want to see it. It goes from John and Ace handing him over as a youngster to some time after the meeting in that video. It's really interesting and somewhat heartbreaking about the other lions he went to live with.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
That was soooo heart-wrenching.

Loved it. =]

Suki Wingy
07-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Ok, here is the full (hour+) story.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzxms9-qQZ4
I've put the link to the next part in the sidebar of each video.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/ChristianPosterc.jpg

And some more info on the movie as it was released.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074315/
In England it was called The Lion At World's End and in the US it was called The Lion Who Thought He Was People It is a documentary, and it was released in 1971.

This movie is a companion to the 1972 book 'A Lion Called Christian' by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall. Note that the authors are also listed as "stars" of the film. The film is a documentary produced to finance the project of sending Christian from London to the wilds of east Africa. With the exception of the dramatized opening scene of Christian being introduced to Bill Travers, it was filmed as it happened and its simple, honest style is very effective.

Writing as one who is interested in lions and in human/animal interactions, the film is a joy to behold in spite of (or more likely because of) its lack of sophisticated production values. Everything is real, and there is much to observe.

George Adamson features prominently in the latter portion of the movie. Adamson is the real person Travers portrayed in the movie Born Free, and his interaction with many lions during the course of the project is simply amazing.

Christian himself is a most amazing fellow and the reason this film is more than just another documentary. I came away from it feeling that it was actually a shame that Christian had been sent away from the city to be "rehabilitated" to live in the wild. In these times, when the world needs more and better contact between humans and animals, Christian would have been a perfect ambassador of goodwill. Watch him carefully. Notice the love and intelligence behind his actions.

As it happens, brothers George Adamson and two assistants were killed by poachers in 1989.

Alysser
07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
I have to admit it I did start tearing up, that was one of the sweetest videos I've ever seen!! True love never dies. They were probably shocked when this happened. What a heart warming story.

Laura's Babies
07-09-2008, 08:26 AM
I think it is totally amazing that with todays world/the internet, things like this can be shared for the whole world to see. Without these new modern things, the world would never see this and this video is touching a lot of people. You Tube and places like this have opened up a whole new world to us!

Suki Wingy
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
All 10 parts are now up, enjoy!

gini
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much for downloading this for us. I can't watch it right now because I have to go to work - but I am really anxious to watch it.

Thanks again!!:love:

gini
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
This morning I took the time to watch all ten segments. They are some of the most emotional - happy - sorrowful - videos to watch.

But I am very glad that I did - it has made my morning.

Again, thank you for putting them all together for us to see!!:love:

Suki Wingy
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
You're welcome. :)

Jessika
07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
I wanted to bump this thread as I saw this for the first time today (my sister sent me the link) and it was beautiful!!!!!!

jazzcat
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I just now saw this and I'm sitting here with LES!

gini
07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I had to watch this again this morning! Concentrating on the love the lion has for both of them just makes my heart sing!